News on FA Recall?

well, the recall bid closed a week ago...and, still nothing...

anybody have an update?
no, but I actually read my CBS today and found out that CLT has to be trained on the 190 now. Not alot to do with the recall but thought it would be good to know that there will be 1 more day of training for those coming back and going to CLT.

no, but I actually read my CBS today and found out that CLT has to be trained on the 190 now. Not alot to do with the recall but thought it would be good to know that there will be 1 more day of training for those coming back and going to CLT.

The results are listed on the Hub. It does not differentiate invols v. vols. The only thing I would suggest is those interested go look at the list.

Those going back to CLT/PHL have ALOT of training ahead of them. Adding the Emb (on CLT) is most likely another day or at the least a half of a day. Better off to get it all done at once, then to go to training only to get pulled off the line a month or two down the road for "additional" training.

The results are listed on the Hub. It does not differentiate invols v. vols. The only thing I would suggest is those interested go look at the list.
the only list that i've been able to find on the hub is for april, 2008 returns. that list has been posted since before the latest round (may 1, 2008) returns.

if i am missing an updated list, please advise where it can be located on the hub. thanks!

I have a question--is anyone out there familiar with the procedure/policies for applying for and taking an educational leave?

Thanks for any info you could offer! :rolleyes:

You can find the form on the hub or get it in inflight. It needs to be turned in and approved at least two months prior to leave. Currently, there are only around six F/As out on educational leave in the company. That's a low number IMO so it shouldn't be a problem to get one. You'll have to turn in your plans or curriculum of study and the length of time you project that it will take you to finish. Pm for more info.

well, the recall bid closed a week ago...and, still nothing...

anybody have an update?
I shot an email out today to the folks in Tempe who are the contacts we were given for the recall info. I just wanted to find out when we could expect to hear something one way or the other. I got a fairly quick response saying that they hadn't sent anything out yet but they didn't think they'd get as high as my seniority (mid-1986).

I feel like they're probably getting a much higher percentage of "yes" responses from the VF group than they got from the invols, which I sort of expected would be the case.

I shot an email out today to the folks in Tempe who are the contacts we were given for the recall info. I just wanted to find out when we could expect to hear something one way or the other. I got a fairly quick response saying that they hadn't sent anything out yet but they didn't think they'd get as high as my seniority (mid-1986).

I feel like they're probably getting a much higher percentage of "yes" responses from the VF group than they got from the invols, which I sort of expected would be the case.

Check out the invol list, it is quite large with 6 pages of at least 50 names each..... It remains to be seen, however, how many "actually" come back.

Great, more senior people that are completely unneeded and will push all of us down more in seniority. Way to increase morale.

Check out the invol list, it is quite large with 6 pages of at least 50 names each..... It remains to be seen, however, how many "actually" come back.
You're right...how many will come back? The problem all along has been that the vast majority on the invol list either didn't respond at all to their recall letters, responded "no," or responded "yes" but didn't actually show up for training. So the company has had to go through huge numbers of invol F/As just to get a couple of hundred people back on the property. The recall letter that I received stated that based on the trend they've been seeing, they didn't feel they'd get enough invols back to reach the 180 headcount they need, so they notified all of us on the Voluntary Furlough list (EXL) that they may have to start recalling us.

I figure that most of the invols have either moved on to other airlines, or other careers altogether, or simply didn't want to come back to the bottom of the barrel at US and sit on the crappy reserve system forever. And this is why the company has had such a difficult time getting invols to return. The VF folks, however, are primarily blockholders who know they can come back and possibly drop down to 40 hours per month, so why not? Therefore I think they're probably getting a much higher percentage of VF's to return.

Well . . . the letters are out! I just got my official recall from my voluntary furlough. I hope the extended leave would never end, but . . . .

Latest posts