NMB Orders Fleet Service election -merged topics

Solidarity

Advanced
Aug 26, 2005
Rumor that something might be out on TWU/IAM for fleet. Does anyone have any imput? Is there any truth to IAM buying out TWU?

Iam should demand to take all cities back and if not let all planes
sit until they get every city back, that is called representation.

Thanks to all those who had a part in taking care of what needed to be done to rid fleet service of the IAM.

In a shocker, but because of their own arrogance, this was not what the IAM wanted and they still have not updated their website. However, I received word earlier today that the NMB did in fact order an election.

Let's get this done.

regards,

Thanks to all those who had a part in taking care of what needed to be done to rid fleet service of the IAM.

In a shocker, but because of their own arrogance, this was not what the IAM wanted and they still have not updated their website. However, I received word earlier today that the NMB did in fact order an election.

Let's get this done.

regards,

Its TRUE Thats GREAT NEWS :up: :up: :up:

THAT INFO ABOUT THE ELECTION HAS BEEN POSTED ON COMPASS for those on the West and Should be on the HUB for those on the East.

More Details to Come

There is nothing on the NMB's web page about it.

From Compass:

NMB AUTHORIZES FLEET SERVICE REPRESENTATION ELECTION
On Friday, May 5, the Company received notification from the National Mediation Board (NMB) that it has authorized a Telephone Electronic Election (TEV) in the matter of the representation dispute that exists among fleet service employees at US Airways, whom the IAM and TWU both seek to represent. As more details become known regarding the election and the timing we will pass them along.

Let's get this done.

regards,
dude...i question your intentions....my understanding you no longer have any input into this arguement and in fact were "dethroned" by IAM for questionable actions.so it seems you have a dull axe to grind here and now.please sir,what are your intentions and motivations??

This appears to be what had been specualted. Who do we want as a represent us. Just an up or down vote since it will be a phone vote. The IAM does not do phone votes so it appears to me thats what this is which means there will be no 50 percent plus 1 requirement. It would be nice however if the unions would update us all on there websites.

The NMB has jurisdiction of the vote, if they are calling for it,it has to be 50%+1, that is the regulations.

The NMB does not do up or down votes.