NMB Orders Fleet Service election -merged topics

BE READY: THE NMB'S GONNA TAKE YOU ON THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!!!

AND IF YOU THINK THEY ARE ON THE EMPLOYEE'S SIDE YOUR IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING!!!

:mf_boff: THIS WILL BE THE NEWLY DE-CERTIFIED NON-UNION RAMP AGENT (EAST AND WEST) IN FRONT AND OUR NEW LEAD NEGOTIATOR DOUG PARKER IN BACK LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BOARD ROOM, EX-CONTRACTS IN HAND WITH A PEN AND SOME SCISSORS TO START HACKING EVERYTHING YOU ONCE HAD. JUST BELIEVE THAT ANYTHING GOOD WON'T STAY AND ANYTHING BAD WILL. IT TOOK USAIR'S OLD MANAGEMENT LESS THEN SIX MONTHS TO VIRTUALLY WIPE OUT OUR ENTIRE CONTRACT, WHEN JUST MONTHS BEFORE DE-CERT. THEY PROMISED EVERYONE THE WORLD AND GUARENTEED NOTHING WOULD CHANGE.

SORRY TO SAY THAT FOR MANY OF US THIS WILL BE OUR 5TH ELECTION, AND ONLY 1 WORKED OUT AND IT BARELY WORKED OUT AT THAT.

HOPE ALL GET WHAT THEY WISHED FOR!

Your obviously living in a dream world.

That holds even more true in MTC., which is what I'm guessing you are.

You have more people outsourced and furloughed then you even have working, and you really are dreming if you think that even 1/4 of those will even care to vote.

The IAM Wants to be the union for Fleet same goes for TWU now that the election has been ordered both unions need to get out the VOTE.

ALL of the FSA's who are currently working are more than enough to get 50%+1 IF WE VOTE so its ALL IN OUR HANDS NOW.

PICK A UNION JUST VOTE :up:

BE READY: THE NMB'S GONNA TAKE YOU ON THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!!!

AND IF YOU THINK THEY ARE ON THE EMPLOYEE'S SIDE YOUR IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING!!!

:mf_boff: THIS WILL BE THE NEWLY DE-CERTIFIED NON-UNION RAMP AGENT (EAST AND WEST) IN FRONT AND OUR NEW LEAD NEGOTIATOR DOUG PARKER IN BACK LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BOARD ROOM, EX-CONTRACTS IN HAND WITH A PEN AND SOME SCISSORS TO START HACKING EVERYTHING YOU ONCE HAD. JUST BELIEVE THAT ANYTHING GOOD WON'T STAY AND ANYTHING BAD WILL. IT TOOK USAIR'S OLD MANAGEMENT LESS THEN SIX MONTHS TO VIRTUALLY WIPE OUT OUR ENTIRE CONTRACT, WHEN JUST MONTHS BEFORE DE-CERT. THEY PROMISED EVERYONE THE WORLD AND GUARENTEED NOTHING WOULD CHANGE.

SORRY TO SAY THAT FOR MANY OF US THIS WILL BE OUR 5TH ELECTION, AND ONLY 1 WORKED OUT AND IT BARELY WORKED OUT AT THAT.

HOPE ALL GET WHAT THEY WISHED FOR!

Jimmy, the NMB is not the enemy. Stop believing union lies that draw the pics of the NMB with big horns on their head. Please be fairminded. The NMB is neutral. Stop painting them as an anti worker bureau.

The truth is, the TWU went to the board, not vice versa. And the TWU went to the board with 'worker support', enough to force an election. You can ask the IAM why it was that the TWU had enough support.

As for Parker, IMO, he wants to keep the IAM contract because that means there will be no collective bargaining for at least 4 more years. For Pete's sake, you're thinking is nuts! Why in the world would Parker be laughing at all when there is no question that he didn't want an election with fleet service???? The contract was exactly what Parker asked for from the Judge, why in the world would he want to give that up?????

If Parker wanted to 'kick out the IAM' and the contract that US AIRWAYS management drew up/created for the judge to give them, then it should naturally flow that Parker and US AIRWAYS will do a counter union campaign to get workers to vote no. However, that won't happen because the IAM & it's judge abrogated contract is the best contract Parker and US AIRWAYS management has ever seen.

Once again, Jimmy, your thinking is disturbing and unfounded.

ANd FWIW: As bad as the 90's were, remember, within 6 months of voting in the IAM, it was the IAM who told the non-contract rampers that they needed to take an 'additional' 10% cut to go from $17.88 to $16.09. The IAM went ahead and agreed to this with your company in a TA. Letter was sent from Frieberger [copy on file] basically saying you all would be out of a job if you didn't agree to further reductions.

Looking back, as hard as it is to believe for you, 100% of non-delusional workers would much rather go back to their non-union days of 1992 and make $17.88, plus paid sick time, tons more of everything THAN to pay $500 a year to have this thing called IAM privilege and making $15.60, no sick days, no nothing! One person said if you figure in the present value of money that topped out IAM workers are making between $8-$10 bucks an hour based on 1992 present values of money. No wonder why the IAM's days are numbered. I'm not an economist so I don't know how they came to those numbers, but they look consistent to me.

And remember, Jimmy, although I'm sure you will never admit it, your company is giving you beneficial 'non-negotiated' things that it doesn't have to RIGHT NOW because your union never negotiated them. Don't kid yourself and think that you could do any worse when your situation is already the worst of the worst. So bad that your company is giving you money you didn't agree to, which is, after all, what you said....reversed.

If you want to paint pictures Jimmy, then it isn't how deep does this rabbit hole go but rather, from the bottom, how the heck do I climb up out of it.

And, since you seem to be good at putting icons on your post of Parker laughing at employees because you believe he is out to screw them more, BE FAIR, and stick to the truth, put a happy face on an employee icon when Parker hands them $50 a month gift to pay their union dues.

regards,

The truth is, the TWU went to the board, not vice versa. And the TWU went to the board with 'worker support', enough to force an election. You can ask the IAM why it was that the TWU had enough support.

Correctamundo. We would not have acomplished this without the help of East fleet service employees who filled out TWU cards. Thanks especially go to CLT fleet service. Good show.

Once again Tim you show your lack of knowledge.

The NMB Declared Single Carrier Status, if the twu wins they will only administer the current IAM/US CBA.

Once again you post misinformation.

There were no pay reductions in 1995 for the fleet service employees nor any employees, those concessions were never voted upon by the IAM due to the Flight Attendants rejecting their concessions.

Shall I call you the master of misinformation?

In 1992 the company eliminated sick time, oji time, vacation time, froze your pensions, outsourced express work, mail and freight and some catering. Your paid time off for all uses was PDOs, which reduced your accumulated time off as the first five days were put aside for sick time. 40% of fleet were reduced to part-time and your pay was cut and medical insurance premiums raised, all this due to the group being non-union and the pilot accepting concession in 1992.

Convenient memory there Tim?

And don't forget the twu accepted massive concessions at AA without AA being in bankruptcy and the HP twu/CBA is the lowest of the low in the industry, even the ATSB admitted then and did not force concessions upon HP's employees in order for HP to get their ATSB loan.

One other thing the twu made the MTA employees vote on the same exact contract a second time in NYC after they rejected it.

Don't the facts and reality get in your way!

Once again Tim you show your lack of knowledge.

The NMB Declared Single Carrier Status, if the twu wins they will only administer the current IAM/US CBA.

Once again you post misinformation.

There were no pay reductions in 1995 for the fleet service employees nor any employees, those concessions were never voted upon by the IAM due to the Flight Attendants rejecting their concessions.

Shall I call you the master of misinformation?

In 1992 the company eliminated sick time, oji time, vacation time, froze your pensions, outsourced express work, mail and freight and some catering. Your paid time off for all uses was PDOs, which reduced your accumulated time off as the first five days were put aside for sick time. 40% of fleet were reduced to part-time and your pay was cut and medical insurance premiums raised, all this due to the group being non-union and the pilot accepting concession in 1992.

Convenient memory there Tim?

And don't forget the twu accepted massive concessions at AA without AA being in bankruptcy and the HP twu/CBA is the lowest of the low in the industry, even the ATSB admitted then and did not force concessions upon HP's employees in order for HP to get their ATSB loan.

700, why do you continue to misrepresent what Tim posted?
No where in his post did he say pay was reduced in 1995! Either you cannot comprehend what he posted or intentionly lie about what he said. You have done it so often I believe its the latter.

And in 1992, sure the company frooze our pay, and implemented PDO system, pt increased,and some mail and freight outsourced. We were still better off then than we are today after being misrepresented by the iam for the past 12 YEARS. :down: :down:

700 you have the convenient memory, besides you're not even a FSA, you have no clue.

At least there won't be goons and thugs like Dandy Randy, Fat Tony and Two-Faced Tommy running the show.

A.Armideo.10.11.05.web_small.jpg

:down:

randy-c21_small.jpg

:down:

ANd FWIW: As bad as the 90's were, remember, within 6 months of voting in the IAM, it was the IAM who told the non-contract rampers that they needed to take an 'additional' 10% cut to go from $17.88 to $16.09.
The 1995 agreements were concession talks.

I was very involved I was an officer of the local and we were all one district at the time, I know exactly what transpired.

And that is why US Airways is where it is today. Welcome aboard!! :D

And that's the factual reality of it all.

The 1995 agreements were concession talks.

I was very involved I was an officer of the local and we were all one district at the time, I know exactly what transpired.

700, exactly. Thanks for proving my point. The 1995 concessions were talks. But let's not forget those talks manifested into a bonafide IAM iron clad "tentative agreement" that would have created additional 'pain' on the '92 conditions.

I fail to see how you pointing to '92 serves as any basis to show or exhibit how the IAM has made any difference whatsoever, now or even in the context of '95. The IAM took '92 and tried to subtract from it with 'deeper' concessions in '95, i.e., they wanted to go '2 steps' backward in the midst of '92. They were willing to 'go to the mat' for the company to secure further cuts by manufacturing with their 'tongue' that the cuts were desperately needed. What don't you understand about this and why do we have to keep dealing with this????
I wouldn't be surprised if the IAM itself wished you would stop talking about this stuff since it paints a terribly painful picture of how their represntation has been treason with their fleet service members.

At any rate, your furthering this discussion does give me the opportunity to point back to '92 and cause everyone to remember how 'good' everyone had it when compared to 15 years of 'hard time' getting IAM'd.

Here is a quote from your high priest Scheri and Thiede back in May 23,'95'. "Concessions are unpleasant and difficult to accept. The reality that they are necessary to your continued job security is a fact we cannot ignore."

We now know, thanks to the stews, that Thiede and Scheri were liars in that concessions weren't necessary. But look at the context 700....it was a concession to the '92 PPG NOT a prior contract. Please read so we don't have to continue with your delusional 'my life for the IAM' ways. Free yourself.

At any rate, fleet service didn't have a contract at that time YET, the first TA which was blessed above by the IAM Bosses and high priest, and they acknowledged that as bad as the '92 PPG was, that the T/A was even a concession to that.

Consider the above IAM Bo$$ quotes a window of further quotes to come. I have many more 'telling' and revealing quotes from the IAM Regime....but that's for another time...but I promise you won't have to wait much longer.

regards,

You did not get your first agreement till 99, so the 1995 failed talks were not the basis of your CBA.

Remember US was about to go out of business and got the cash infushion from BA to keep it alive.

Once again you dodge the facts and issues.

And why haven't you responded to delldude's post?

HP twu/CBA is the lowest of the low in the industry, even the ATSB admitted then and did not force concessions upon HP's employees in order for HP to get their ATSB loan.

Your right ATSB didn't stipulate concessions, but did stipulate to keep costs under control. In other words don't take the money we're giving you and have a party.

Latest posts

Back