NMB Orders Fleet Service election -merged topics

You did not get your first agreement till 99, so the 1995 failed talks were not the basis of your CBA.

Remember US was about to go out of business and got the cash infushion from BA to keep it alive.

Once again you dodge the facts and issues.

And why haven't you responded to delldude's post?

Delldude asks something that has been answered repeatedly.
I have been clear that as an IAM member I am compelled to do 'my small little part' getting rid of the IAM and hoping they never come back!
Specifically, that means eliminating the IAM certification. Is that so hard to understand?

At any rate, why does it matter to you and dell since I am not a 'big fish'? I'm not campaigning for people to vote for me. And I already told you that I will not have any part in organizing an organization that is not already on US AIRWAYS property. Don't try to make a 'fleet service' issue a mechanic one. At this point, it appears there will not be a mechanic vote but final determination hasn't been set yet.

regards,

The NMB has jurisdiction of the vote, if they are calling for it,it has to be 50%+1, that is the regulations.

The NMB does not do up or down votes.

the NMB's election criteria states that 50%+1 of the entire possible voters must vote for it to avoid decertification, if the 50%+1 is achieved then the votes are counted and who ever has the most wins. Do not by into the IAM theory that the 50+1 rule must be 50%+1 of all voters must vote for one rep or it is decertification

DON'T BY THE HYPE

VOTE TWU

the NMB's election criteria states that 50%+1 of the entire possible voters must vote for it to avoid decertification, if the 50%+1 is achieved then the votes are counted and who ever has the most wins. Do not by into the IAM theory that the 50+1 rule must be 50%+1 of all voters must vote for one rep or it is decertification

DON'T BY THE HYPE

VOTE TWU
is no IAM hype as you try to purvey.....is NMB rule....

50%+1 of all eligible voters(total between both groups)....is why IBT is

trying to split class and craft....to gain a numerical

advantage between stock/ute and mech's....

because you ,I and Fred Know.....they don't have 35%

without splitting the groups... ;) :shock:

US was in dire straights, all unions negotaited concessionary agreements but when the AFA voted theirs down no other union voted on them.

BA infused $300 million in cash and US sold some 737-300 which ended up with Western Pacific and it kept it afloat with that money, it was mid 90s.

Well, now that it looks official there will be a vote between TWU and IAM. I hope that all the FSE on the east side realize what decertification has brought them in the past and vote this time. TWU should get the 50 percent due to the shear number of employees in field stations that would be basically be voting to keep a job. the next month should get interesting.

Uhhh, every furloughed fleet agent has already lost his seniority. How are you going to convince them to vote?

It would be supremely ironic if the unions lost by the margin of folks they elected to throw under the bus a year ago. :blink:

US was in dire straights, all unions negotaited concessionary agreements but when the AFA voted theirs down no other union voted on them.

BA infused $300 million in cash and US sold some 737-300 which ended up with Western Pacific and it kept it afloat with that money, it was mid 90s.
thank you for the info. I didnt realize that the last 2 ch11 were like the last two rounds of US before HP brought us. Thanks again for the info

700, US tried to pimp money off the workers 'Through' its union mouthpices. The stews voted it out, then the company found money from BA. It was a mind job from Wolf that didn't work. But only difference the unions made would have been a negative one since THEY were the ones soliciting concessions and 'doomsday' forecasting. It was a lie. To stay afloat, the company turned to plan "B" which was to look for outside investors.

700, do you know that fleet service didn't even have a contract back then? Do you know that the concession wouldn't have been a concession to a contract....but to the non-union PPG?

Let me make sure you got it right. FLeet service is non-union with PPG guidelines. Votes in IAM, 6 months later IAM Bosses admit they can only do worse than the PPG as they tell fleet service they have to take concessions from what they already have.

Workers want more so they vote in IAM. IAM comes in and says workers should make less. What a mind job!

Blast that about 10 years later and in intense times of need the workers looked to the IAM once again. But the IAM said, "We have a knife to our back and a gun to our head", washed its hands and punted.
Nobody needs to pay for that. Nobody.

regards,

Once again Tim you post misinformation.

The BA codeshare and investment was done when Schofield was CEO, not Wolf.

And you forget US also downsized back then when concessions were not approved.

And your first CBA got Fleet back its sick time, vacation, oji protection, a true grievance procedure, scope language and many other gains.

Don't let the facts get in your way since you can't even remember what actually happened under what CEO.

You are most probably correct.

My understanding is that once an NMB election is 'ordered' that there can be no backing out. The TWU had a chance to withdraw but now there is a determination by the NMB that a representational dispute exist, thus the ordering. Now in this process, neither organization can bail out since it involves an election, is how I understand it. I doubt the TWU will bail on this at this point. Looks like the talks just flat out broke down and the IAM made a terrible miscalculation.

regards,

Once again Tim you post misinformation.

The BA codeshare and investment was done when Schofield was CEO, not Wolf.

And you forget US also downsized back then when concessions were not approved.

And your first CBA got Fleet back its sick time, vacation, oji protection, a true grievance procedure, scope language and many other gains.

Don't let the facts get in your way since you can't even remember what actually happened under what CEO.

Oops, you got me on that one 700. Big deal, Schofield, Wolf, no difference.

Oh yeah, the old "Scope language" trick. We had so much scope language that we went from 8,000 jobs down to around 4,000. And that scope is so great that the great majority of stations that are included under the Iron-Clad scope and classifications are contracted out 'cheap labor' that still get to pay IAM dues. Remember, 700, the IAM Iron clad agreement agrees that only 9 stations is legit fleet service work where workers have the privilige of getting paid an industry low $17. The great majority of stations are just over $15 bucks.

In the end, the IAM's only useful purpose with this apparent election may be to provide enough votes to force a runoff between the IBT and TWU. The IAM will be no higher than 3rd or 4th place in voting.

regards,

Latest posts