NMB Orders Fleet Service election -merged topics

From what I was told recently the IAM and TWU had to wait until the NMB ordered an election and now this week the two unions are going to announce representation by both unions comparable to what the passenger service agents have agreed to.
Will "This Be Okay" ? Only time will tell !
Will it be "Stormy" ? You bet it will !

From what I was told recently the IAM and TWU had to wait until the NMB ordered an election and now this week the two unions are going to announce representation by both unions comparable to what the passenger service agents have agreed to.
Will "This Be Okay" ? Only time will tell !
Will it be "Stormy" ? You bet it will !

If there is going to be a "MARRIAGE" between TWU and IAM,

ANY Transition Agreement BETTER NOT HAVE THAT OUTSOURCING PROVISION in it or lets book our spot on DIVORCE COURT now!!!!!!!!!!

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy,
What you understand and what is reality are two different things. There will be no election. Take it to the bank!
Look @ THE HUB for the Announcement; THERE WILL BE AN ELECTION. READ & WEEP. VOTE FOR A NEW CHG. HA,HA,HA.

NMB AUTHORIZES FLEET SERVICE REPRESENTATION ELECTION
On Friday, May 5, the Company received notification from the National Mediation Board (NMB) that it has authorized a Telephone Electronic Election (TEV) in the matter of the representation dispute that exists among fleet service employees at US Airways, whom the IAM and TWU both seek to represent. As more details become known regarding the election and the timing we will pass them along.

GOOD Luck With Your Deception's.

Ok IAM or TWU explain it to us the company posts information that the NMB has ordered an election on Friday May 5th but as of 6pm Monday the 8th your unions have not posted any information to confirm or deny.

This once again is an example which leaves the dues paying members in the dark.

Ok IAM or TWU explain it to us the company posts information that the NMB has ordered an election on Friday May 5th but as of 6pm Monday the 8th your unions have not posted any information to confirm or deny.

This once again is an example which leaves the dues paying members in the dark.

I can not deny that Ish..whatever may be right if the TWU and IAM did announce some type of marriage. If there will not be an election then so be it and let's move on.
If it has to be IAM without choice then there is nothing to do about it.
There are 'legal' options for workers still, but that's for another time. Let's see what cards the unions play and we will go from there. This thing may eventually be dragged out by variables other than the unions.
Nuff said.

regards,

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of CHS being outsourced. After 3 tries in the job market I have a job with a pension, medical benefits and the princely wage of 13.85 an hr. For the first time since I was 22 years old I don't work weekends, have every holiday off with pay and don't worry about rain, heat, cold or atc delays. Its taken an entire year to finally let the Airline Industry go.

However I've not let the IAM go, the news of the election coming on this anniversary seem like poetic justice. Hundreds of senior agents were sacrificed in a game of numbers. The few that I might inform locally about the upcoming election probably won't make a whole hell of a lot of difference but at least we'll have "our day in court".

I wish every East and West Fleet Service Employee the best of luck. You work very hard and deserve to be compensated for it...JR

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of CHS being outsourced. After 3 tries in the job market I have a job with a pension, medical benefits and the princely wage of 13.85 an hr. For the first time since I was 22 years old I don't work weekends, have every holiday off with pay and don't worry about rain, heat, cold or atc delays. Its taken an entire year to finally let the Airline Industry go.

However I've not let the IAM go, the news of the election coming on this anniversary seem like poetic justice. Hundreds of senior agents were sacrificed in a game of numbers. The few that I might inform locally about the upcoming election probably won't make a whole hell of a lot of difference but at least we'll have "our day in court".

I wish every East and West Fleet Service Employee the best of luck. You work very hard and deserve to be compensated for it...JR

Thanks JR Please do contact those other CHS furloughees your "day in court" will come by you voting if there is indeed an election.

Good Luck in your Future with the new job.

There are many workers who were iam'ed this past year when the iam bosse's allowed their station to be outsourced. They are salivating at the chance to hold the iam accountable for their actions. They will be voting against the iam!! :down: :down:

Anyone who thinks the company isn't laughing is crazy. Straight from management's thoughts:

QUOTE(UWCactus @ Dec 7 2005, 08:01 AM)

or better yet, figure out a way to have them terminated.

Anyone who thinks the company isn't laughing is crazy. Straight from management's thoughts:

QUOTE(UWCactus @ Dec 7 2005, 08:01 AM)

or better yet, figure out a way to have them terminated.

Management has been laughing for quite a while now. The IAM contract is the best contract they ever saw....the company wrote it and handed it to a judge.

The last thing your company wants is to get rid of the IAM. You can bank on the company not to encourage any workers to vote against the IAM.

If there is a normal voting period then I am quite sure that the IAM will finish 3rd in a race of '3'.

regards,

Latest posts