No New Uniforms

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I E-mailed Mr. Lakefield recently about uniforms.
He said that new uniforms are in the future, but not for a while.

etops1 said:
i asked him about that on the flt from pit-clt today and he said the same.
[post="291574"][/post]​

I would gather that it would be when the integration is completed.
I dunno.

I E-mailed Mr. Lakefield recently about uniforms.

Umm... the guy just put together one of the biggest bankruptcy/mergers in airline history and you send him petty email about new uniforms?

Christ almighty....

usair_begins_with_u said:
Umm... the guy just put together one of the biggest bankruptcy/mergers in airline history and you send him petty email about new uniforms?

Christ almighty....
[post="291589"][/post]​

I think that after all we have been through at U people are finally starting to relax(just a little)and think about what they want rather than what we have to give up. As martha would say its a good thing!

usair_begins_with_u said:

Christ almighty....
[post="291589"][/post]​

No numb nuts. It was a part of an e-mail conversation I had with him about other things.
This was a part of that conversation. Now go back to your hole.

Why does everyone think uniforms would be a big problem to change? Just like the planes, our uniforms have to be replaced (every 18 months or so) so to introduce a new uniform wouldnt have to cost the company a ton of money at one time. If it were the right uniform, they could probably even get some people to buy it before they were due to replace it. In the meantime, they could gradually introduce new pieces a little at a time when we're due for replacement. I just hope that they take the comments of those having to wear them into consideration. I also think this would be a good way to get the two workforces to work together on something that will have to be done sooner or later and give them some say in what they new company looks like.

Oh well... I guess a little at a time... I hope that when they do introduce a new uniform they stick with something professional. Although we will be the "Worlds Largest Lowcost Carrier" I hope we dont dress like it. <<Grin :D

I suspect that the pilots will get new uniforms immediately with a mandatory implementation date. Of course, the pilots pay for their own uniforms, so the company will be perfectly willing to mandate the expense.

Last week new US Airways vice president of flight operations Ed Bular held a conference call with flight department management. According to a Pilot Base Administrator who participated on the call, Bular indicated there would be new uniforms, but no decision has been made on their appearance or implementation date, which I mentioned last week.

It is my understanding the America West ALPA contract requires the company to pay for pilot uniforms and recently management has authorized a uniform change where hats and sport coats are no longer required.

Nycbusdriver's comment that US Airways pilots are required to pay for their own uniforms, thus, the difference on who will pay for pilot uniforms will be decided during JNC discussions.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

"It is my understanding the America West ALPA contract requires the company to pay for pilot uniforms and recently management has authorized a uniform change where hats and sport coats are no longer required."

As part of their summer uniform.

It would be nice to have this done in-house by the people who actually have to wear the uniforms. Have a fashion show and a vote.

Sorry Piney...I have to disagree with the customer input on uniforms. This should be a comany (employee) only arena.

I don't believe you can introduce "pieces" a little at a time. We have to completely change them overnight. We still have female flight attendants wearing pieces that were supposed to discountinued YEARS ago. Like those nasty cream colored double collared shirts. They are sooooo ratty. The only way to be complete is to start with everything new with different colors so as they cannot use any old pieces.

Just my thoughts

Just go to a very nice and conservative business casual in conservative colors and stop making it a damn fashion show.

hp_fa said:
Just go to a very nice and conservative business casual in conservative colors and stop making it a damn fashion show.
[post="291869"][/post]​
new paint scheme new airline should mean new uniforms! We are now a low cost airline so lets have the khakis! get me out of the 1985 blue uniform! :up:

Back