No New Uniforms

how about royal blue pants (to match the blue on the fusealge) light grey shirts
maroon/red tie epaulette stripes

Delta_Uniform.jpg

No khakis! UGH! We're not Southwest and why on earth would you want to dress like a camp counselor on the airplane?

I say a sharp, navy, business-like, yet not stuffy look would be great. For example, check out the new Delta male uniform. It's professional and businesslike, yet cool and contemporary.

Yeah.. what the new uniforms look like is just so much more important than worrying how the combined airline is going to stay afloat with sky high aviation fuel prices???

Some of you people are so out of touch with reality, its not even funny.

tadjr said:
Why does everyone think uniforms would be a big problem to change? Just like the planes, our uniforms have to be replaced (every 18 months or so) so to introduce a new uniform wouldnt have to cost the company a ton of money at one time. If it were the right uniform, they could probably even get some people to buy it before they were due to replace it. In the meantime, they could gradually introduce new pieces a little at a time when we're due for replacement. I just hope that they take the comments of those having to wear them into consideration. I also think this would be a good way to get the two workforces to work together on something that will have to be done sooner or later and give them some say in what they new company looks like.
[post="291612"][/post]​
I don't know about the "every 18 months or so" statement. Some of those US Air beige dresses were around for along time and still may be, not to mention other types.

USAguy97 said:
new paint scheme new airline should mean new uniforms! We are now a low cost airline so lets have the khakis! get me out of the 1985 blue uniform! :up:
[post="291891"][/post]​

You have got to be kidding me - You are not going to do international first and envoy in nasty khakis and white tennis shoes - that is repulsive we are still a decent product not a trailer hooked up behind a truck ready to take the cows to market - It should def. be a professional product b/c that portrays what you're customers think of you as well and that can be a safety issue as well - you could be hard to pick out of a crowd...

StewGuy86 said:
View attachment 3198

No khakis! UGH! We're not Southwest and why on earth would you want to dress like a camp counselor on the airplane?

I say a sharp, navy, business-like, yet not stuffy look would be great. For example, check out the new Delta male uniform. It's professional and businesslike, yet cool and contemporary.
[post="291895"][/post]​
Interestingly, I find that most US Airways EE's don't seem to care what they look like as is witnessed by the lack of cleanliness in their uniforms as well as the infrequent pressing of such. United Flight Attendants uniforms aleways look clean and crisp as does Southwest. That seems much more important to me as a fare paying customer.

That's because U hasn't replaced any uniforms for at least a year and they are wearing out.
Pilots must buy our own uniforms. I'm not going to until the new ones come out. Can't afford to waste the money.

I see nothing wrong with a "business casual" look. Not as dramatic as Southwest of course (there's a lot of FA's I wouldn't want to see in shorts!) But a decent pair of casual slacks and a long sleeve button down shirt would look good.

usair_begins_with_u said:
Yeah.. what the new uniforms look like is just so much more important than worrying how the combined airline is going to stay afloat with sky high aviation fuel prices???

Some of you people are so out of touch with reality, its not even funny.
[post="291930"][/post]​

The new management needs to worry about running the airline and fuel prices. I will be glad to go back to taking care of my customers and making sure I look good before I get to work. Bring on more talk of the future. It is music to my ears.

StewGuy86 said:
View attachment 3198

[post="291895"][/post]​
Well I don't believe the males should have to wear ties. Give me more than one thing to wear!

goodgirl37 said:
You have got to be kidding me - You are not going to do international first and envoy in nasty khakis and white tennis shoes - that is repulsive we are still a decent product not a trailer hooked up behind a truck ready to take the cows to market - It should def. be a professional product b/c that portrays what you're customers think of you as well and that can be a safety issue as well - you could be hard to pick out of a crowd...
[post="291949"][/post]​
Good girl guess you are in your own little world. I am the ONLY male on the plane wearing my tie on those ITD flights. I am the only one wearing the REQUIRED apron so please don't talk to me about first and envoy on ITD. If you talk to the Pax on the plane they don't think much of us. They look for the cheapiest fare and you could be naked working the aisle and they honestly wouldn't care. They aren't there to look at us they just want the CHEAPIEST product. They will even tell you that.

goodgirl37 said:
[post="291949"][/post]​
Forgot to add Goodgirl the Females on ITD are far from looking Professional. God knows the ones I have been flying with have looked sloppy. I actually had one CSD tell me to take my tie off because I looked more Professioanal than the rest of the females. I believe in having my uniform still look nice!

USAguy97 said:
Good girl guess you are in your own little world. I am the ONLY male on the plane wearing my tie on those ITD flights. I am the only one wearing the REQUIRED apron so please don't talk to me about first and envoy on ITD. If you talk to the Pax on the plane they don't think much of us. They look for the cheapiest fare and you could be naked working the aisle and they honestly wouldn't care. They aren't there to look at us they just want the CHEAPIEST product. They will even tell you that.
[post="291974"][/post]​

goodgirl IS in her own little world- MDA where they all wear thier uniforms properly, plus clean and tailor them.

USAguy97 said:
Forgot to add Goodgirl the Females on ITD are far from looking Professional. God knows the ones I have been flying with have looked sloppy. I actually had one CSD tell me to take my tie off because I looked more Professioanal than the rest of the females. I believe in having my uniform still look nice!
[post="291978"][/post]​

What ever happened to the IMPRESSIONS OF EXCELLENCE policy on appearance and grooming ???

On my flight yesterday from CLT after the Innagural Livery Event, I was appalled by the way two out of three female F/A were dressed. One had her coat dressed hemmed so short with an obvious self sewn front, that when she sat in the jumpseat, I wanted to cover her with a blanket as she showed way too much thigh. And the other female was bared legged with a tattoo on her ankle. I just wanted to barf!!! :shock: :down:

Needless to say that both male F/A were in compliance and looked very sharp and professional. :up:

singh4us said:
What ever happened to the IMPRESSIONS OF EXCELLENCE policy on appearance and grooming ???

On my flight yesterday from CLT after the Innagural Livery Event, I was appalled by the way two out of three female F/A were dressed. One had her coat dressed hemmed so short with an obvious self sewn front, that when she sat in the jumpseat, I wanted to cover her with a blanket as she showed way too much thigh. And the other female was bared legged with a tattoo on her ankle. I just wanted to barf!!! :shock: :down:

Needless to say that both male F/A were in compliance and looked very sharp and professional. :up:
[post="291992"][/post]​

maybe a burkah would be more to your liking?

i'll agree that shodily hemmed stuff is no good, but if its a little short, no big whoop, same for tattoos, people have them, more than you probably realize, although isn't there a rule about serving public wearing nylons or hose or something to that effect?

Back