Obama the Unknown

IMHO that comes off as a racist statement. Are you saying just by looking at them you are more comfortable with an old white male face instead of a younger black male. That speaks volumes. I really hope the majority of our country has evolved to a higher plane than that. I look at the man but I disagree I also have to look at the party to the degree of party values. I am a person who believes for a nation with our wealth that we need to provide a basic safety net for those who thru no fault of thier own lose thier jobs. Most people do not want hand outs like the conservatives want you to believe. Most people just want help picking themselves up if they experience some life changing event like thier job going over seas and then having to retrain themselves for a different kind of career, also if they are hit with unexpected medical bills, or some hurricain or tornado. There are many legitimate people who are suffering and need help. I believe as a first world country we have an obligation to ensure that our citizens have those basic needs met. Our politicians sure havce thier needs met. I do not agree with every democratic policy or with every democrat. But I have to look at the whole package and not just one or two issues. I heard on FOX news the other day I believe it was Hannity and Kolmes, that Obama supported late term abortions for the mothers he even supported the mothers haveing the right to kill the babies after they were born. I have not heard that at all. I think he does support abortion and even some partial birth abortions (which I really dont unless it would endanger the mothers life) but I am sure he does not support killing the babies after they are born because that would be murder under our present laws. It is shameful that they would try to distort his position on abortion like that because they know if they say it on tv there will be a lot of people who will believe it. I hope that the majority doesnt fall for those dividing issues that have worked for the republican party the past 2 presidential elections.

IMHO that comes off as a racist statement. Are you saying just by looking at them you are more comfortable with an old white male face instead of a younger black male. That speaks volumes. I really hope the majority of our country has evolved to a higher plane than that. I look at the man but I disagree I also have to look at the party to the degree of party values.
I hate to blunt your snark but there’s absolutely nothing racist about novaqt’s statement, written or implied! There is however, a hint of age discrimination in your retort.

If cooper43 were to close his eyes and put each candidate in front of his face, he would feel much more comfortable with Obama than McCain. Should was label you a racist who discriminates on the basis of age? If you think you are doing yourself or your party a favor with your gratuitous and wanton racial accusations, I have but one word for you . . backlash!

I suggest you and other Obama supporters’ unF yourselves, drop the race baiting and get back to discovering the junior Senator from Illinois.

I heard on FOX news the other day I believe it was Hannity and Kolmes, that Obama supported late term abortions for the mothers he even supported the mothers haveing the right to kill the babies after they were born. I have not heard that at all. I think he does support abortion and even some partial birth abortions (which I really dont unless it would endanger the mothers life) but I am sure he does not support killing the babies after they are born because that would be murder under our present laws. It is shameful that they would try to distort his position on abortion like that because they know if they say it on tv there will be a lot of people who will believe it. I hope that the majority doesnt fall for those dividing issues that have worked for the republican party the past 2 presidential elections.
First off, what are you doing watching FOX news?

What you heard and as a matter of fact, Illinois State Senator Barack Obama voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. Aborted late term children have been known to live for hours after surviving a procedure that, if done to a Gitmo enemy combatant, would be considered torture. Obama refused to help the helpless. All this known, I’m I still a racist for not voting for Obama?

On the second amendment, Obama supported allowing retired police officers to carry concealed weapons, but opposed allowing people to use banned handguns to defend against intruders in their homes. All this known, I’m I still a racist for not voting for Obama?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/...in2369157.shtml

IMHO that comes off as a racist statement. Are you saying just by looking at them you are more comfortable with an old white male face instead of a younger black male.

Actually it would be a different look on our paper currency....

I believe that Obama would be great for foriegn policy. He soulds more reasoned and level headed. I beleive McCain may have past his prime. He has to read most of his comments and speaches off the telepromtor.

Youu gotta read this:

And this:

This too:

I hate to blunt your snark but there’s absolutely nothing racist about novaqt’s statement, written or implied! There is however, a hint of age discrimination in your retort.

If cooper43 were to close his eyes and put each candidate in front of his face, he would feel much more comfortable with Obama than McCain. Should was label you a racist who discriminates on the basis of age? If you think you are doing yourself or your party a favor with your gratuitous and wanton racial accusations, I have but one word for you . . backlash!

I suggest you and other Obama supporters’ unF yourselves, drop the race baiting and get back to discovering the junior Senator from Illinois.

First off, what are you doing watching FOX news?

What you heard and as a matter of fact, Illinois State Senator Barack Obama voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. Aborted late term children have been known to live for hours after surviving a procedure that, if done to a Gitmo enemy combatant, would be considered torture. Obama refused to help the helpless. All this known, I’m I still a racist for not voting for Obama?

On the second amendment, Obama supported allowing retired police officers to carry concealed weapons, but opposed allowing people to use banned handguns to defend against intruders in their homes. All this known, I’m I still a racist for not voting for Obama?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/...in2369157.shtml

Thanks Tug :)

"When I close my eyes and put each candidates face in front of me, I feel much more comfortable with McCain, than Obama. Forget the two Parties, they are pretty much the same. Look at the Man!"

That really does speak volumes about you! My intention with my statement above was "youth" (Obama) vs. "maturity" (McCain). I made no mention of "old white male instead of a younger black male". Why did you assume "racism"? There lies the real problem in this country. You are so focused on skin color. Get over it. White people don't whine about their skin color!

Well it is not a stretch to see racism in your underlieing message. I apologize if I miss read your meaning. As far as me expressing agism, I was trying to state clearly that I was basing my opinion on observations that I have made, not the same thing as someone's skin color. There are many mature adults who do not show any signs of mental fatigue. However age is a legitmate criteria when decideing on a presidential candidate. You may think that Obama is too young and that is a very legitamate thing to consider. I do not agree that he is too young, but that is a matter of opinion.

As I mentioned about his stance on NAFTA, and many other issues, Obama has toned down his message... moving much closer to center. The latest example: All those Social Security taxes that he wanted to impose on "wealthier" americans... he wants to delay it for 10 years (Uhm... after his presidency). This was one of his absolute worst ideas. I am happy to see that, like his NAFTA stance, he is using common sense. But, in the bigger picture, is anyone really suprised about his "softer" tone on these types of issues. Like many dems, they talk that talk to get the dem nomination, but once it is wrapped up, they come back to earth to consider sound policies.

Obama Will Delay Social Security Tax Rise Until 2019

Latest posts