Organizing drives to oust the IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
BCTGM

About all the unions in the airlines took about the same level of concessions.

The IBT took Concessions at CO, and they were voted off the property at NW and WN.

Sorry I was not specific

IBT-AW vs. IAM-US

The IBT's first CBA in mtc was all ready so substandard that the ATSB said they did not need to take paycuts as their wages were so low.

All their heavy checks are farmed out and their scope language is far far inferior than the three rounds of concessions that M&R has taken at US.

Im sorry, those dont appear to be the facts i'm
inquiring about. Loss of pay, jobs, scope etc.. *post* 911 IAM-US vs. IBT-AW

Thanks,

I couldn't agree more with ''crushed'' . We've seen enough of the so called ''airline union''.
You can't look at a union like the IBEW and say ''HAH''. They do represent people in the travel
industry (railworkers). So I don't see where it hurts to see what they bring to the table. I'm not so
ready to easily dismiss them because they have no ties to the aviation industry , in fact I'm willing
to do the opposite and enlist them as another option. Having no previous relation to this line of work
gives them the opportunity to come in with no past history for us to question, in this field. When
''crushed'' labels the IAM a ''airline union'' he couldn't be more right...they seem to lean to the
airlines' side and away from the workforce with whom they represent. Guys we knew when we
voted them in they were a company union but we thought we would be stronger if the fleet and
maintanance flew under the same banner. Well that never happened. We (the fleet) never belonged
in this union and now we may have the opportunity to change this and have a International Union
seperate from maintenance and act for only the fleet and have no other ties to any other airlines or
other departments in the airline itself. We as a group are huge in numbers and saying that, you would
have thought we'd be a group you'd want to keep but that hasn't happened. The IBT is now campaining
to get our vote and I say ''welcome''. The IBEW is campaining to get our vote and I say ''welcome''. The
IAM has our dues and I say ''enough''. Sometimes you have to see you may have made a mistake and
once you see it now you must see how to fix it. As afr as 700 saying ''HAH''..I'll do some research
and ask questions before I dismiss the IBEW so easily...

''The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) represents approximately 750,000 members who work in a wide variety of fields, including utilities, construction, telecommunications, broadcasting, manufacturing, railroads and government. The IBEW has members in both the United States and Canada and stands out among the American unions in the AFL-CIO because it is among the largest and has members in so many skilled occupations. ''

That doesn't sound so laughable.....

Thanks

once you see it now you must see how to fix it. As afr as 700 saying ''HAH''..I'll do some research
and ask questions before I dismiss the IBEW so easily...

''The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) represents approximately 750,000 members who work in a wide variety of fields, including utilities, construction, telecommunications, broadcasting, manufacturing, railroads and government. The IBEW has members in both the United States and Canada and stands out among the American unions in the AFL-CIO because it is among the largest and has members in so many skilled occupations. ''

That doesn't sound so laughable.....

Thanks
CWA and IBEW work very close on a lot of contracts

http://www.ibew.org/_search/search.asp?zoo...p;x=15&y=14

phlforce,
thanks for the link.. hey perv.. looks like you might have a henchman on your side.. phlforce looks like a big guy that you wouldn't want to p..s off

:up: :up: :up: :up:

take care guys, and keep the info flowing

as an emp from LAS i have seen cards on the ramp and from what i hear over a hundred have been signed. Most in vegas dont like the station chair and from what ive heard made it know to the international that over 250 members signed a petition to have the east station chair removed. I wouldnt be surprised if the guys handing out cards in LAS dont get atleast 250. From what ive heard the station chair in LAS has threatened employees to be fired and brought up on charges but if all is true the membership would stick up for them in a meeting to stop any formal charges from going through.

Like filing short of cards and causing a bar and then US Air imposed concessions on fleet and csa?

Like trying to sell his name list to the IBT for a job?

Like trying to get a job with the TWU until the DFW TWU local President informed the PHX pres about Timmy trying to raid the AA Fleet Service with his made up AGW union?
PRODUCE.........produce documentation that would make your rumors facts! If you have any?
Your the guy who get's mad if the phrase " OVERTIME CALL OUT" gets mentioned.
You are personally attacking Tim and you should be removed from this thread for life.
thank you for you time

What rock do some of you clowns live under? Ever since the IBT was kicked off the premises the company has taken and taken, you think a change in unions is gonna get you back to 1989?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts