Out Of Phl

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas; even if a few did stray from the actual topic.
Since we're going on a lengthy cruise it is difficult to go without checking a bag BUT I will definitely be leaving the golf clubs at home for this one.
For whatever reason ( we fly about 3-4 times /year for leisure) I forgot I was allowed two carry-ons so will bring the rollerboard and backpack. Don't worry, I can handle it without slowing down the boarding time!
Guess, I'll just need to adjust my expectation to be that our larger suitcase may not arrive in timely fashion and be thankful that we bought trip insurance...or spend all the time on Orient Beach in st. Marteen, hehe.
We have no choice but to go from PHL so we'll hope for the best.
It is truly sad to see such disgruntlement. It's like what happens in some families between siblings when the parents die or divorce; some rally together while others splinter apart.
We got use to flying out of PHL because of all the direct flights. Maybe it's time to rethink that startegy tho I suppose the more connections increases the chances of missed bags exponentially, huh?

Thanks again!

Emad, Good luck to you, and have a great vacation. It is customers like you that it is so sad this company has dissapointed, and may very well loose. Thanks for your business!

firstamendment said:
JS
Put the laptop in the backpack. People do it all the time. BTW, I actually find that most flts are ok with bags. The worst are the biz routes like PHL-BOS where so many have an othernight but pack enough for a 12 day cruise. If people just keeep it simple they can get items on. But I will concede, stay away from PHL.
[post="235113"][/post]​

The backpack is full, and the laptop (actually a laptop bag) also contains the power adaptor and some other electronics.

Believe me, I pack very lightly. On a two week trip in the summer, I can squeeze all my clothes into my backpack. On a three week trip in the winter (like right now), that's just not possible. :)