PTO's NWA Scab Career...

I skipped all of the middle stuff...I kept reading the same line three times...ZZzzz. I do see what you're trying to say Beanie but here is a stat that is never published. How many travellers actually look up the stats before laying out the $330 (minimum) RT fare? None, zero, 00. Mom and Pop don't give a hoot. They want to drive to Madison airport (or wherever) get on the plane and land at the beach, or the grandkids place. They care about the price and getting there. The same for the business traveller. With no choice in carriers he just wants to GET THERE. Thanks for the info however...I needed a nap.
I realize it's not the most interesting stuff in the world, but it's probably a good thing for those in the airline world to at least have a cursory knowledge of.

As far as customer interest, I completely agree. That's why I've stated in the past that most airlines don't necessarily care that much (or at least not enough to pay the cost that goes with "buying" a higher ranking via a higher B0) what rank they are, as long as their not at the bottom, or low enough to warrant a news clip about their poor ranking.

I don't know if I've ever given my personal opinion of striking members. I don't know if I necessarily have an opinion of them. The economics of the situation are fairly obvious, and I try to point them out where it seems appropriate. I'll leave the union stuff to you guys; that's the arena you play in.

You've beat this "blue juice" thing to death. I know you need this to be a big deal so you can believe the whole "NWA is unsafe" talking point, but using this example is a little silly. I'm not a mechanic, but I have enough common sense to know the difference between a material safety issue a minor thing such as blue juice in a lav. PTO has already explained this event to my satisfaction, so unless you can lay out the actual safety related issues involved in this case, then it's pretty much a dead issue to me. (don't give me the FAR 45 language, because that doesn't talk to this specific situation, and is thus meaningless to me)
Is there anyone at home in that skull of yours? I don't need anything to convince me NWA is unsafe the news media does that on a regular basis. Ive explained the dangers of outsourced maintenance at least a hundred times, go back and read my post. Im not going to continue to debate the in's and out's of third party maintenance with a bean counter who only cares about the bottom line..$$$$$!

your right 45 does'nt but 43 DOES
talk to this specific situation, here it is again:

[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 14, Volume 1]
[Revised as of January 1, 2003]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 14CFR43.12]

[Page 856]

TITLE 14--AERONAUTICS AND SPACE

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

PART 43--MAINTENANCE, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE, REBUILDING, AND ALTERATION--Table of Contents

Sec. 43.12 Maintenance records: Falsification, reproduction, or alteration.

(a) No person may make or cause to be made:
(1) Any fraudulent or intentionally false entry in any record or
report that is required to be made, kept, or used to show compliance
with any requirement under this part;
(2) Any reproduction, for fraudulent purpose, of any record or
report under this part; or
(3) Any alteration, for fraudulent purpose, of any record or report
under this part.
(B.) The commission by any person of an act prohibited under
paragraph (a) of this section is a basis for suspending or revoking the
applicable airman, operator, or production certificate, Technical
Standard Order Authorization, FAA-Parts Manufacturer Approval, or
Product and Process Specification issued by the Administrator and held
by that person.

[Amdt. 43-19, 43 FR 22639, May 25, 1978, as amended by Amdt. 43-23, 47
FR 41085, Sept. 16, 1982]

But don't let the facts get in your way 'finny ole boy' after all if PTO says its okie dokie, its good enough for you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've beat this "blue juice" thing to death. I know you need this to be a big deal so you can believe the whole "NWA is unsafe" talking point, but using this example is a little silly. I'm not a mechanic, but I have enough common sense to know the difference between a material safety issue a minor thing such as blue juice in a lav.

You know Beanie, in the great scheme of things blue juice in a bucket is not, in itself, a big deal...Having said that lets look at this little "TRUTH"..."If a person is unfaithful in a small thing then he will be unfaithful in a larger thing". There are lots of mechanics who skate through their careers doing the absolute minimum and take every shortcut out there in the name of "Looking good" or "Kissing up" to their managers in hopes of getting a bone thrown to them or just getting away with less work. I've worked with these kinds before at nwa. They are lazy, no accounts. They exist in every profession at every level. But when a person short cuts he will always do it again. Soon it is part of his routine and he short cuts the bigger, more important aspects of his job. I can guarantee you that when PTO gets caught someday short cutting a serious safety of flight issue his managers aren't going to give him a pat on the back...They'll give him a kick in the @ss and the FAA (if awake at the time) will give him a fine or worse.
So stick with the beans and leave the serious stuff to people who know what they're talking about.

Good luck to you PTO. You've been entertaining on this board, and have been part of a vital key to the successful turnaround NWA is making. With you and your fellow mechanics, NWA is now in second place in DOT on-time rankings, and would have been No. 1 if US Airways didn't pad their scheduled block times to the extent they do. This success is a testament to the competence and work ethic of mechanics like yourself.

If (when)at the end of the day, NWA emerges as a profitable airline, the 30K+ remaining employees will certainly owe a debt of gratitude to you guys for offering your services and helping us through this.
Now that's very funny comming from a low level salary postion employee. :huh: The ones I have came across are empathetic or have no comment (because it is a little dangerous to be saying those things to frontline employee like me....) :lol: I suspect someone doesn't have a 4 yr degree in anything. Isn't it true that recently there was an accounting position open that only requirement was a fundamental understanding for accounting? (e.g. HIGHSCHOOL ACCOUNTING)
Infact I am starting to think that you, PTO and csar gangrene is the same person. It is obvious that you have a heavy knowlege of financing, yet ZERO in managing. If you went to an AACSB accreditied school you would of had a good year's worth of management courses and would probably have a better understanding of why scabs are not a "brilliant" idea. :lol: Just wait until your paycheck equates to $33.00 a month. :up: Hey... what is that I hear? Ernst and Young has accountants working from India??????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

Now that's very funny comming from a low level salary postion employee. :huh: The ones I have came across are empathetic or have no comment (because it is a little dangerous to be saying those things to frontline employee like me....) :lol: I suspect someone doesn't have a 4 yr degree in anything. Isn't it true that recently there was an accounting position open that only requirement was a fundamental understanding for accounting? (e.g. HIGHSCHOOL ACCOUNTING)
Infact I am starting to think that you, PTO and csar gangrene is the same person. It is obvious that you have a heavy knowlege of financing, yet ZERO in managing. If you went to an AACSB accreditied school you would of had a good year's worth of management courses and would probably have a better understanding of why scabs are not a "brilliant" idea. :lol: Just wait until your paycheck equates to $33.00 a month. :up: Hey... what is that I hear? Ernst and Young has accountants working from India??????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................
I don't really know what to do with this, but I guess I'll just point out a few things about myself so you can focus your accusations and insults a little more in the right direction.

First off, I have a masters degree in accounting. Second, I work in an operational finance role, not accounting. Third, there are a lot of clerical accounting positions that may not require a college degree, but I can't really speak to that. Fourth, I've been in a management position for a couple years.

I don't really know what to do with this, but I guess I'll just point out a few things about myself so you can focus your accusations and insults a little more in the right direction.

First off, I have a masters degree in accounting. Second, I work in an operational finance role, not accounting. Third, there are a lot of clerical accounting positions that may not require a college degree, but I can't really speak to that. Fourth, I've been in a management position for a couple years.
Fifth, you've never worked in aviation maintenance but you did stay in a Holiday Inn once... :p

You know Beanie, in the great scheme of things blue juice in a bucket is not, in itself, a big deal...
That's what I thought. Thanks for verifying that for me. I understand the slippery slope argument, but I just think using this event as the foundation for that argument was pretty weak.

That's what I thought. Thanks for verifying that for me. I understand the slippery slope argument, but I just think using this event as the foundation for that argument was pretty weak.
Frankly what you think does'nt change the fact, pencil whipping is an FAR VIOLATION So it is you who is sinking in the quick sand. ;)

So you got to meet the CSAR eh? That must have been the highlight of your career at nwa. :lol: Another SCAB that doesn't have the guts to stop and talk to the strikers. No honor among his fellow Marines on the picket line but at least you have honor among thieves between yourselves.
So you wanted to stop and talk to Ralphie too? You really should have....then you can explain to the wife why you've got that black eye :shock: .
You can say all you want about them being safe but most of us know better. You still have the same folks that risk their lives everyday by flying nwa because they have no choice. nwa IS their market. Any flyer on aircraft is at risk but the nwa flyer is at a significantly higher risk because of the turnover in the maintenance department. When you've taken and chucked one of the most experienced maintenance departments in the airline industry and replaced it with a bunch of drifters, contract SCABs and losers you're bound to get more than a few mistakes made and someday it may be a fatal mistake.

Goodbye PTO...thanks for the laughs...Torque wrench to lower a jack...priceless...typical yet priceless.
At what point did I ever refuse to TALK with any protesters? I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times there have been protesters out there when I leave. At only one time did any ever TALK to me, and that was to ask where I came from. I smiled, and said, quite truthfully something to the effect of " way too many places to mention" He chuckled at that. I then posed for a picture, wished him, again quite truthfully, the best of luck, finished my cigar, and went inside.
So who is this "Ralphy" and why should We fear him? I was under the impression that the hard working and honorable protesters out there were strictly law abiding and peaceful. Are you implying that this is not the case?
PTO, it was indeed a fitting farewell. I WOULD say it ws reminiscent of many a "Hail and Farewell" I have attended in the Corps, but apparently, such references to the military are offensive to some here.
To the rest of you, in regards to the departure of PTO. Like him or hate him, he did get ALOT of you fired up. (The first thing I told him after introducing myself was "Son, I aint never met a man in my life who managed to p**s so many people off in such a short time!")
There is an old Indian saying that says "Do not judge a mans impact by the number of his friends, but rather by the number of his enemies." In that regard, PTO has definatly made in impact!

Waaaaa!!! somebody call the waaambulance... :lol:

Whats the matter finny?, that shoe fit ya quite nicely? :shock:
Huh?? So you think repeating a punchline that has been used about 10 times on this board in the last month is not indicitive of, as Adam Sandler would say, an "unoriginal bastard"?

I know you're desperate for a good burn, but you need to try harder.

Huh?? So you think repeating a punchline that has been used about 10 times on this board in the last month is not indicitive of, as Adam Sandler would say, an "unoriginal bastard"?

I know you're desperate for a good burn, but you need to try harder.
No need to try and burn, you do that well enough on your own.. :D

Yea its about as unoriginal as the constant praise you give to the SCABTAIL maintenance department on its suckcessful turnaround extravaganza.