RECALL of Council 70 President! Merged Topics

First all I would like to say that I am so excited that I have gone from being a newbie to being a member. This board is really fun.
Second, I agree that people do not understand the full issue at hand that is why everyone who is knowledgeable concerning this FAR needs to help educate those who are not as knowledgeable. That way others will be more informed that this is not an ETB issue this is a safety issue and should have been implemented long before ETB was ever put into place. In fact the Implementation of the Reserve Time Balancing System was rushed to be put into place and now it is clearer as to why. The company forced the implementation of this system to go into effect Nov. 2003. The company and AFA's negotating team for a period of 8 days and during that time they were not able to meet an agreement. So the company felt that by delaying the implemention of this system would make it where they would have been unable to meet the projected savings requirement associated with the January agreeement. The union and the company did not reach a mutual agreement. The union allowed the company to implement this and never filed a grievance against the system. This is not what the reserves voted to be put into place. Go back and look at at special interest new item dated jul 21 2003. It was written by S. Groff. So for the union and MF and CA to keep telling us that we voted for this reserve system is not true!! In fact it is BS. So MF you need to do more research on your own and stop believing what CA tells you.
Agree 100%. Reserves were sold with the idea of PREF Bidding, etc....

I am really curious about this 14 hours on duty FAR and want to know more about it.

:D :D :D :D CORRECTION According to the numbers just provided by AFA International we only need 99 more signatures!!!!!!!! Anyone who is carrying around filled out sheets please give me a call. I think we have already hit the mark and just need to reel it in.

:D :D :D :D CORRECTION According to the numbers just provided by AFA International we only need 99 more signatures!!!!!!!! Anyone who is carrying around filled out sheets please give me a call. I think we have already hit the mark and just need to reel it in.

I heard that we are closing in on the 50 mark...

So, has anyone heard if Council 70 scheduled a meeting?
Seems that the BOD meeting is in NOV and Council 70 needs to have a meeting before then right? Then LA needs to have another meeting before Dec 31, with out being in violation of the by-laws. Humm...

I heard that we are closing in on the 50 mark...

So, has anyone heard if Council 70 scheduled a meeting?
Seems that the BOD meeting is in NOV and Council 70 needs to have a meeting before then right? Then LA needs to have another meeting before Dec 31, with out being in violation of the by-laws. Humm...

Council 70 must have a local regular meeting BEFORE the BOD meeting in November, otherwise, they are in violation of the C&B. If on the agenda of this meeting there is no "new business", any member can change the agenda of hte meeting by making a motion and having another member second the motion. Once the agenda is changed to include "new business", any member can make a motion to recall the LECP, and another member can second. Then, they MUST call for the vote. Whether you have 1/3 of the members or not, makes no difference, as the LECP can not avoid a regular scheduled meeting BEFORE the AFA International Annual BOD meeting scheduled for November.

The LECP MUST call a regular Local meeting before the BOD according to the C&B.

Any member can order a constitutioanl Bylaws from the International to be sent to their home. Every member should do so do become educated on the Bylaws that guide the AFA international union.

*********NEWS FLASH********​

THE PHL AIRPORT AUTHORITY STATES NO ONE FROM AFA HAS EVEN INQUIRED ABOUT PULLING A PERMIT TO PICKET WITH THE REST OF OUR FLIGHT ATTENDANT PEERS ON OCTOBER 31st. ONCE AGAIN MS. LA DROPS THE BALL (oh, that's right she never had the ball) THIS ENTIRE COUNCIL SHOULD BE OUTRAGED AT HER LACK OF LEADERSHIP AND ACTION. :down: :down: :down:

Just where is she anyway, Miss L.A.? Does anyone know what kind of union business she is doing? Is she in the office at all? So that would mean that PHL flight attendants couldn't picket on the 31st? You've got to be kidding me. :rolleyes:

When we did CHAOS in 2000 I remember it was very difficult to get a permit in PHL and it took at least 2 weeks for approval. Who knows where that woman is. LA has no shame and just walks around like nothing is going on. She is truly delusional in my view. She can only get along with herself so I would assume she is just enjoying her one woman show. I saw an email going around where she asked a Reserve to help her out and do all the work on the picketing for her. He told her basically go to H***. She has alienated everyone but for her not to at least try is just unacceptable.
The largest base and we are left flapping in the breeze. :shock:

Has anyone worked with her recently? I wonder if fellow flight attendants are making any kind of remarks to her. I'd LOVE to run into her in the crew room or in the airport. That B!$%#. She does NOTHING and though this has been kind of a "some know and some don't" ordeal many are becoming aware of her actions. If there is no application for a permit to picket at the airport who is responsible? I guess Laura will have some excuse for THAT.

As the VP I asked LA when she is going to hold a council meeting in which the response was for me to "read my Constitution and Bylaws and when she is ready to have it" She has to hold 2 meeting by the end of the year or she will be in violation. AFA has basically told LA that she doesn't have to attend her own execution however, what is AFA International doing to protect the Flight Attendants in Philadelphia? Throwing road blocks up at the will of the people seems to be the name of the game.

The other 2 officers are locked out and not allowed to do anything from what I hear. LA is a control freak I think we all know that. TG would be out there with a sign in no time!

I think the entire base is just disgusted with the thought of LA but guess what folks she is alive and kicking, laughing all the way to the bank. $$$ CHA-CHING $$$ CHA-CHING $$$ CHA-CHING

I think the entire base is just disgusted with the thought of LA but guess what folks she is alive and kicking, laughing all the way to the bank. $$$ CHA-CHING $$$ CHA-CHING $$$ CHA-CHING
CHA CHING? Is she stealing money? :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back