Responsibility of management

But you would see the same people caving in and rolling over like they did every time it's necessary to "put your money where your mouth is"........

{so and so forth }

Maybe the powers that be have a different opinion out west......It's good thing I moved back east.

I admire your passion , please keep that fire burning as we will need it when we fight for the government to nationalize us ..

In the meantime , prepare yourselves for hardship ..

no ... i think you've misread our workers ... awhile ago i saw the saddest thing (sad because i can feel for the junior folks ) at one of the employee bus stops .... some or one of the workers an FA had put up posts at each stop appleaing to those FA's who had senority and didn't need the job to please take the furlough offered by the company so that others who do need the job wouldn't get pushed out ...

i think if we're going to talk about the responsiblity of managment we should start off by looking at ourselves .... i've felt that some of the other work groups at this airline haven't been responsible in managing their work forces expectations ... i do so hate to say it ... but i think we are nearing that time where everyone just needs to lower their expectations ... think of it as deleveraging ...

You are so far out of touch with the east crews it's laughable.

Piney is dead on accurate. East pilots and f/a's have had enough. Back in 2005 we were psychologically readied for USAirways to go out of business, and we all realized that:

1. There is life after USAirways
2. USAirways is expendable as far as the airline industry is concerned.

We're done sucking hind teat...can I be any clearer than that? Can you comprehend that?

http://atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=17048

Still, DL is in better shape than several of its rivals, Fitch pointed out. Its credit rating was lowered to B- from B. In comparison, American Airlines, US Airways and United Airlines all have ratings of CCC (ATWOnline, June 11). "Any of those carriers" could be forced to file for bankruptcy protection "as early as the winter if operating trends fail to stabilize," Fitch warned.

Piney is dead on accurate. East pilots and f/a's have had enough. Back in 2005 we were psychologically readied for USAirways to go out of business, and we all realized that:

We're done sucking hind teat...can I be any clearer than that? Can you comprehend that?

Well, Southwest managed to give their flight attendants raises during these "trying times" AND offered a buyout of up to 50 grand. And by occasionally offering buyouts, one could trim the workforce of burned out or older workers. And getting new faces and fresh attitudes is nice. It can be done. Sorry busdriver, I clicked on your post, I meant to tag freedom's.

FG

For all intents and purposes, US did go out of business in 2005.....and that was after 2 rounds of concessions. The only difference between the merger and what would otherwise have resulted in liquidation is that those who were "re-hired' by HP just never had to spend any time on the unemployment line, or fill out new paperwork.

US did not go out of business, it was a merger, mergers happen all the time, most of us at US been through the PSA and PI mergers, and US would not have liquidated but would have been a much smaller airline, with about 100 less planes, I saw the plans the company had drawn up for each scenario as I was on the M&R negotiating committee.

No one bought anyone, this was a merger funded by outside investors that Lakefield got lined up from Seabury and Associates most of the work being done by John Luth.

See Story

How can you be done sucking hind teat when USAPA is holding up negotiations for the pilots which intern freezes the FA's advancement for a new contract. Look in the mirror "busdriver" if you want to see the problem with pay for pilots and FA's both right now it's USAPA and that's a fact. FA's you must come to realize the pilots have enslaved you for there selfish deadened purpose, thank them next time you get paid.

How can you be done sucking hind teat when USAPA is holding up negotiations for the pilots which intern freezes the FA's advancement for a new contract. Look in the mirror "busdriver" if you want to see the problem with pay for pilots and FA's both right now it's USAPA and that's a fact. FA's you must come to realize the pilots have enslaved you for there selfish deadened purpose, thank them next time you get paid.

There is nothing but AFA holding back the flight attendants. As soon as they decide to stand for themselves and stop worrying about what the pilots might get, they can move forward on their own.

Okay, all of this is hogwash!!! Freedom, are you listening? DO you have the backbone to stand up for your fellow fa's out West???

I can only speak of US Westies, and I am sorry, but I am sick and tired of working for POVERTY AIR!! YES!! We haven't had a raise in 10 frickin years people!! The pay scales in our HP contract don't even come close to the cost of living NOW!!!
The company is NOW PAYING BACK THE EAST there bankruptcy wages up until 2011. I have no syphathy for the criers out there. Our pay differences are at a all time high, close to 40% at years of service!! Ridiculous!
Where the HE!! is my PAY PARITY MR PARKER???!!!!!!! You are getting rid of 300 fa's out West, just so you can avoid giving us a NICKEL!!!!!!!!!!! Shame, shame! :angry:
I go to work, wearing the same darn uniform, work the same flights East to West, same paint job, and bust my bushies to satisfy the customer, yet I feel I am working in a BLACKHOLE, with no end in sight!
Forget about the America West Contract, just Frickin put US under the US East one, NOW!!! AFA 66 are you listening??? The way things are going, no relief in sight for US Westies.
What a joke. As far as I am concerned, in mgmt eyes, I am, and will always be an America West Flight Attendant in DRAG!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

The only difference between the merger and what would otherwise have resulted in liquidation is that those who were "re-hired' by HP just never had to spend any time on the unemployment line, or fill out new paperwork.
I know HP saved US with it's PHX LAS hub and SHARES

I am sure I have read a dumber statement than that here,it's just been awhile since someone topped freedom :rolleyes:

you wound me clt rat ... :shock:

What dumb things have i said ? any of these statments perhaps ? " look guys , if we don't vote yes on this contract by the time dec 31st 2009 rolls around their will be lines of people going around the corner to take our jobs "

or was it that time back in july of 2008 when i started screaming my head off about the US economy to anyone who would listen to me " the us economy is doomed!!"

maybe it was that other time when i said " from now on , the only issues that will affect us airways are economic isssues "

Well if you thought i've said some dumb things in the past , your going to love my mental ramblings (by that i mean ideas that i have no intention of putting to real world practice ) on how to save us airways if our company should collapse .. you see i've been theorizing on how we could force the goverment to nationalize us ... and i think i've come up with a pretty interesting scenario .... but i still have to work it out , i'll share it with you at a later date .. :up: (hope you have your hearing protection for my really dumb statments to come! )

:lol: ... man your a horrible poker player ... if there were workers that fed up they would have already left ....the majority of people here are the people who need their jobs ..

That being said , no work group is going to do anything to jepordize their own jobs ...no , not when you have families to support and car payments to make ... you can scream at me all you like about brining the company down , but at the end of the day we both know you won't do it .... you might have done it in 2007 , maybe even 2008 ... but 2009 where half a million americans lose their jobs every month ? :down:

see this is what i was talking about when i said your union needs to better manage it's memebers ... your head's in the clouds .. want to know what i do for a living ? i move luggage around ... now if little ole me can tell you that it's highly unlikely you will see contract improvments due to the state of the economy and our lax bussines ...what do you think the guys at HQ are thinking ?

in the long run your going to do more harm than good to your union by filling your memebers heads with goals and objectives that will not be possible to meet ..

Do i feel sorry for all of you ? yep , sure do ... your lot sucks ... but at the same time i think it would be a diservice to humor you about what's going on ..

Latest posts