Scott Kirby Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You better have had a good source to this info before you post this ...

Could very well be true!

Given the recent rumors regarding a disturbance on a MAN-PHL flight 735, May 21 involving a "US Executive", Alcohol and abusive behavior, coupled with more than a few e-mails and texts as to who the executive was and his actions toward a Flight Attendant.

I have no smoking gun, but this would dove tail with the CLT Crew News where the question was broached to Parker who by all accounts was spinning pretty quickly. The tell tale might have been Doug's question and I'm paraphrasing here, "So this is common knowledge" to which the entire audience nodded.

Here is what I have. No smoking gun, no real reference as to the name of the executive. Take it with a grain of salt.

assaulted an F/A this past weekend May 21, MAN-PHL US735. I'm SOOOOO Proud of this company"

Apparently this is written on a wall in the B bag room in CLT, I now have a pic of the wall, not a very good one but a pic.

This was followed by a phone conversation of nearly an hour in duration where I received some background.

Flight info was removed from Cat Crew within minutes of touchdown in PHL.

Mr "executive" was visibly intoxicated and was "cut off" by the flight attendant

Mr "executive" became verbally abusive and possible physically abusive.

Aggressively played the DYKWIA Card.

Plane was allegedly met by Corporate Security NOT the PHL Police.

Flight crew was forced to sign confidentiality agreements pending completion of investigation.

Generally speaking no one in a position of authority is speaking either from Labor or Management.

Well , I have sent some e-mails to confirm .... Got a reply from Kirby himself .Not true at all ..So there you go. Mods need to close this one and put it to rest .

Could very well be true!

Given the recent rumors regarding a disturbance on a MAN-PHL flight 735, May 21 involving a "US Executive", Alcohol and abusive behavior, coupled with more than a few e-mails and texts as to who the executive was and his actions toward a Flight Attendant.

I have no smoking gun, but this would dove tail with the CLT Crew News where the question was broached to Parker who by all accounts was spinning pretty quickly. The tell tale might have been Doug's question and I'm paraphrasing here, "So this is common knowledge" to which the entire audience nodded.

Wow, something posted by a pissed off employee on the bag room wall.

The company addressed this in writing to all employees, too bad you didn't double check on it.

:rolleyes:

How can you tell whether he is working or not?

Usually Corporate Security and IT will close your e-mail account while the "Exit Interview" is taking place. Same for voice mail, laptop etc. Now some pretty big corporations are very lax on this, to the point that there are companies that will take care of these issues for a fee per person.

Actually IIRC, HP Early Retiree was in HR with America West, So maybe he can shed some light upon this whole sordid affair, both from a pure HR perspective of what happens when a Sr Executive gets the boot as US all the way to helping confirm what is now still a rumor and nothing more.

I don't really care for rumor mongering and frankly I guess I'm like most in that sometimes the rumor is just to damn juicy to ignore. This would be one of those times. Honestly I don't want anyone to lose their job. It's traumatic no matter what level you're at.

I would LOVE for the rumors to be false. However my "gut" tells me they aren't. So here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Usually Corporate Security and IT will close your e-mail account while the "Exit Interview" is taking place. Same for voice mail, laptop etc. Now some pretty big corporations are very lax on this, to the point that there are companies that will take care of these issues for a fee per person.

Actually IIRC, HP Early Retiree was in HR with America West, So maybe he can shed some light upon this whole sordid affair, both from a pure HR perspective of what happens when a Sr Executive gets the boot as US all the way to helping confirm what is now still a rumor and nothing more.

I don't really care for rumor mongering and frankly I guess I'm like most in that sometimes the rumor is just to damn juicy to ignore. This would be one of those times. Honestly I don't want anyone to lose their job. It's traumatic no matter what level you're at.

I would LOVE for the rumors to be false. However my "gut" tells me they aren't. So here's to hoping I'm wrong.

I've been out for years. All I know is that the "sordid" affair sounds like BS to me. But, evidently you would LOVE for the rumors to be true, per the tone of your PM to me last week.

You need to get a life. I'm not saying that to be a smart ass, but for your sanity.

The company addressed it to all employees on Friday in the weekly newsletter. Its all there for you. I wouldn't go furthering the rumor if I were you.

While I am by no means a great fan of Mr Parker, I think the addressed the issue admirably.

What is sad is that people are so ready to believe such a nasty rumour.

Wow, something posted by a pissed off employee on the bag room wall.

The company addressed this in writing to all employees, too bad you didn't double check on it.

:rolleyes:

Actually I did get a phone call less than ten minutes after the session in CLT ended. Got the blow by blow including the donation to the AFA West Food bank. You're absolutely correct about Doug addressing the issues and appearing to be as forthcoming as he could be with the incident being under "Investigation". I have no problem with his explanation and it seems plausible as far as it goes.

Where the problem for myself and others is the trustworthiness and credibility of Mr Parker. This creates a tendency to work backwards from the position that everything out of his mouth is a lie with an agenda tied to it. I don't trust him even a little bit and while I may have trust issues with Parker, I have nothing but open contempt for Mr Kirby. Thus the rather stern tone of my PM.

You'll do well to note that I've not mentioned anyone by name and the reason is it's all a Big Fat Juicy Rumor. One that I originally dismissed out of hand as such. However when rumors persist as this one has then it raises an eyebrow with me. This is especially true when I get screen shots of crew rosters and photos of bag rooms with allegations written that would seem to support the rumor as being true. Despite ALL of this I have NEVER mentioned a name just "US Executive", Everyone else seems to think it's one executive in particular! WHY? I certainly don't know the answer.

Let me see if someone sent me the newsletter. Also if you've "been out for years" how then do you know about any letters being sent? If the rumor is even 1/4 accurate the individual should be relieved of his duties. If it's false then at least I never mentioned a name.

Actually I did get a phone call less than ten minutes after the session in CLT ended. Got the blow by blow including the donation to the AFA West Food bank. You're absolutely correct about Doug addressing the issues and appearing to be as forthcoming as he could be with the incident being under "Investigation". I have no problem with his explanation and it seems plausible as far as it goes.

Where the problem for myself and others is the trustworthiness and credibility of Mr Parker. This creates a tendency to work backwards from the position that everything out of his mouth is a lie with an agenda tied to it. I don't trust him even a little bit and while I may have trust issues with Parker, I have nothing but open contempt for Mr Kirby. Thus the rather stern tone of my PM.

You'll do well to note that I've not mentioned anyone by name and the reason is it's all a Big Fat Juicy Rumor. One that I originally dismissed out of hand as such. However when rumors persist as this one has then it raises an eyebrow with me. This is especially true when I get screen shots of crew rosters and photos of bag rooms with allegations written that would seem to support the rumor as being true. Despite ALL of this I have NEVER mentioned a name just "US Executive", Everyone else seems to think it's one executive in particular! WHY? I certainly don't know the answer.

Let me see if someone sent me the newsletter. Also if you've "been out for years" how then do you know about any letters being sent? If the rumor is even 1/4 accurate the individual should be relieved of his duties. If it's false then at least I never mentioned a name.

Please...you have been practically peeing your pants with glee waiting to tell everyone your new juicy rumor. You so want it to be true, dropping little pieces of bait from thread to thread. Its all about your obsession and your need for attention isn't it? Seriously, you need to get a life. And, you need to stop spreading the rumor, unless you can back it up with facts

I have access to US Wings. It was in About Us on Friday. I am a retiree, I have a password.

Please...you have been practically peeing your pants with glee waiting to tell everyone your new juicy rumor. You so want it to be true, dropping little pieces of bait from thread to thread. Its all about your obsession and your need for attention isn't it? Seriously, you need to get a life. And, you need to stop spreading the rumor, unless you can back it up with facts

I have access to US Wings. It was in About Us on Friday. I am a retiree, I have a password.

I'm not going to say I want the rumor to be true. Do I want him OUT of US Airways? YES I DO! To me he is the living embodiment of all that is wrong with Corporate America. From his "Everything went as well as can be expected" comment regarding the absolute disaster that was the Res Migration going forward to "I'm really not an ops guy" when the performance numbers were in the tank to his bonus being tied to how low he keeps labor costs. I didn't like him the day after the Rex Migration, I don't like him now and tomorrow ain't looking good either. Now you know how I feel about Kirby. Just to clear up any confusion you may have had.

That said, I don't wish this kind of rumor on anyone. Not even Scott Kirby. I want Kirby fired for the right reasons, NOT for being an Andrew Weiner type moron. One of the things I have learned is that the rumor mill at US is almost as screwed up as the Management Team.

OH and just for the record I DO NOT have to back it up with facts. Did you ever think that the reason I keep banging on it is that like dead bodies in a river, turds eventually float and the truth will eventually come out? I want the truth and I'm not 100% certain we have it.

whether its true or not one thing that disturbs me is is why would CORPORATE SECURITY and not the PHL POLICE be the ones to "force the crew to sign confidentiality aggreements" if other pax saw it and reported it to phl police then what happens to that agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back