Sherri Speaks!

Actually they should give up the plastic glasses as well. You can just pour your alcohol into the can and drink from the can. If you want coffee the flight attendant could just pour the coffee into your mouth - kind of like shots in a bar. The meetings in Tempe must create so much material for dilbert he has no end of supply of material.

Sherri,
I don't know what trailer park you come from, but I absolutely refuse to drink your idea of 'good wine' out of a plastic cup or any wine for that manner-you are catering to mostly adults, not teenagers at a rave. I am pretty sure you are lying when you claim that the glassware is not important to pax. Maybe it is your idea of class to drink out of a plastic cup but let me assure you, glassware is important to people who pay much money for the 'priviledge' of sitting in the worn out dirty seats in First. I have FF status on other carriers and am usually upgraded and I will tell you unequivocally that the paper plate/plastic cup service on usair is the absolute worst in the industry. And bravo to you for getting the snacks down to what- $.03 per pax?

You are the crack whore of the industry, selling your wares for pennies and degrading what was once a decent airline.

Did you have to invite him to the conversation? Cue the dysfunctional family reunion members entrance music!
If anyone spots him our code word is "HEY LOOK....THE KOOL AID MAN!"

Look the Maketing Team in Tempe!

Attachments

• beverlyhillb.jpg
    beverlyhillb.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 152
Manage the expectations. With the continued decline in service and amenities (the recently "upgraded" First Class experience is still far below what was once First Class), Tempe needs to rebrand and reprice the product. If we are not going to have a truly First Class experience, then rename it and advertise it as such. What is so hard to understand? If you are calling it First Class and offering a subpar service, we're going to continue to be the laughingstock of the industry. I personally think we could rebrand to COACH PLUS (former First Class domestic) and ECONOMY (former Coach domestic.) Call it what it is and then at least the expectations (and subsequent subpar delivery of said First Class expectations) wont have to be met. You arent fooling anyone with the name. Its not First Class, quit calling it that and at least you wont be advertising something that its not and the customers who purchase COACH PLUS will know not to expect glassware and anything else you might decide to cut out in the future. Did no one in Tempe take any classes on marketing and setting the expectations for your customers? Underpromise and overdeliver and you'll once again be the darlings of Wall Street. :rolleyes:

Well now we all know why she had to cancel the meeting... So she could save the company $15 million and get herself a big ole bonus. Meanwhile the frontline employees are apologizing for the coffee dripping out of the styrofoam cups and explaining why we dont have glassware. We are Mesa's ugly stepsister.

No glasswear! Sorry folks plastic all the way...LOL This place is a true joke! But on a nice note...who whats a hot rag?

Date: Thursday, 14 February 2008 19:58 ET
To: USAALLMX.F/A
Subject: A Letter from Sherri Shamblin

****** Letter from Sherri Shamblin ******

To All Flight Attendants:

One of the hottest topics discussed since the merger was announced has been
the differences between the service offered onboard East metal aircraft and
the service offered on West metal aircraft. Our goal to ensure the best
possible onboard experience for all customers has always been at the
forefront...so much so that we asked them what's most important to them when
flying in each class of service we offer.

We were able to determine that they felt that the quality of both the food and
beverages we offer onboard were the most important. This was the reasoning
for addressing these items across the board first so that the most customers
would feel the biggest impact as quickly as possible. Along with the roll-out
in December of all new menus, we also re-introduced flatware and beginning in

June, hot towels will return to our domestic service.

One area where our First Class customers didn't feel we should focus too much
of our attention, was glassware. As long as the quality and quantity of the
beverages we offered were both high, then the use of glassware wasn't as
important. Today, we offer glassware on most meal flights to/from LAS and PHX
operated by West metal, but do not offer such on the same flights operated by
East metal. Conversely, the opposite holds true where our meal flights
to/from CLT and PHL operated by East metal do not offer glassware, yet the
West metal does. This has created a great deal of confusion among not only
our catering teams and crews, but amongst our customers as well. To eliminate
confusion and inconsistencies, beginning April 1, we will no longer offer
glassware in any First Class cabin and serve beverages in plastic cups. We
continue to look at upgrading the quality of the plastic used when serving
beverages in First Class.

With the continuing rise in fuel prices, we must always look to invest our
money in those products that really matter to our customers. To add glassware
to all First Class flights would have cost the company $15 million a year,
money that can be better spent to improve the food quality and amenities that
the customers say really matter to them.

Great progress continues to be made on a daily basis and I thank you for your
continued support and dedication to offering our customers the best service
day in and day out.

Sincerely,

Sherri Shamblin
Vice President, InFlight Services

Dear Dear Sherry Shambles:

I haven't worked for US Airways for 2 years. I thank my lucky stars for that every single day.
I'd be embarrased to. High quality PLASTIC? I'm embarrased for you.

But perhaps if you saved money on sending W2s to past employees (as in my case), I received one for 2007. Haven't worked there
for 2 years Ms. Shambles. Then perhaps US Airways could afford GLASSWARE in First Class (I use the term loosely, very loosely for the service in the forward cabin).

I think though the last of the Crystal at US Airways left with the closing of Crystal City. (And I wasn't a fan of them either)
What a shame you've trashed this airline and the name. When you crush glass you get sand. How appropriate for the Sand Castle.

It would have been better to let the name and the airline die. At least it would have exited on a semi high note.

What an embarrasment and what a shame.

I personally think we could rebrand to COACH PLUS (former First Class domestic) and ECONOMY (former Coach domestic.)

I think C+(Coach Plus) is too high of a grade for this cabin! :lol:

If I ever fly US again, I am going to bring my college football/stadium plastic cup and drink Bud out of it to fit in.

"beginning April 1, we will no longer offer glassware in any First Class cabin"

Did they select April 1st because it is April Fools' Day or did it just work out that way?

LOL

Latest posts

Back