Sherri Speaks!

Not that I am one to EVER defend the actions of such morons......BUT

I am quite sure this decision is not solely Sherri's. She is only a puppet on a string.

This came from the higher ups in Marketing and Planning......not just her.

Cut her some slack!

OMG!!!! Did I just say that?????? :down:

Right on... Then I'll expect this $15 million dollar "savings" to be woven into improvements in the labor contracts. Negotiators, please take note that we are saving this money, and make sure that it is reflected in our benefits/ compensation.Add it to your list at the negotiating table, please.....

Much appreciated.

PS: Graf/ Cangey/ Elias/ Jones for office....

Not that I am one to EVER defend the actions of such morons......BUT

I am quite sure this decision is not solely Sherri's. She is only a puppet on a string.

This came from the higher ups in Marketing and Planning......not just her.

Cut her some slack!

OMG!!!! Did I just say that?????? :down:
regardless of who is responsible, todays announcements reflect the underlying anti-customer culture of the america west management team.

it is that culture of customer and employee indifference which is destroying usairways right now.

pineybob made an apt comparative observation recently regarding credit scores. what took usair (inclusive of all the fine and proud airlines that claim a part of Her heritage, piedmont, psa, etc.) over 60 years to assemble, is being trashed by a band of amatuers in a few short years.

Let me get this right... just so I can be pissed off properly...

No more Glassware Domestically or system-wide?

either way Im pissed cuz I flew DCA-CLT on HP43 on Wed and we had glassware for a such short flight...it reminded me of these premerger days...

Well if they'd keep those d@mn bonuses (for doing absolutely nothing) out of their pockets there would be an extra $15m a year for glassware on ALL flights where it belongs.

Is there anyway to have these idiots overthrown? I mean really it IS time for these people to go. Hopefully the DL/NW and CO/UA mergers are announced this week and someone will offer to part this thing out and put it to rest.

I am not saying whether plastic/glass is good/bad nor that I am supporting/opposing any decisions, however there are some instances plastic can be upgraded and look pretty darn classy.

I did Lufthansa intra-Europe to get to Krakow, and the following is a picture of their plastic "glasses":

http://kinglobjaw.com/click_life/2008/01/a...e-of-lufty.html

You have to scroll below pictures 1 and 2 and in pic 3 you see the meal/bev service on MUC-KRK by LH Express. The plastic looks very nice. Sure it's not glass, but there is such as thing as 'classier' plastic!

I'll take the plastic. Knowing US, if they did the glassware they would cut costs by washing them once a day at the most.

Wow, I thought things couldn't have gotten any worse than when I left the company in 2002. Was I ever wrong! I'm so embarrassed for US that I don't know what to say. But surprised? At this point, no. These idiots have apparently been in the desert sun and heat so long their brains are cooked. And where did they FIND the people that run this airline? Were they all hired away from the counter at the local McDonald's??

Way to announce two shockingly anti-customer inititives within 24 hours of each other. Just when you think it can't get any worse. This is like one of those bad SNL skits that just goes on and on and isn't even funny anymore.

These people are f*cking morons. This is a company that no longer deserves to be in the customer service business. Someone in Tempe needs a high heel to the face Philly style.

Put it out of it's misery, let US be the capacity reduction it was always meant to be. <_<

IF you are constantly recycling the glassware from flight to flight, why in heck would it really cost 15 million to maintain glassware?! The numbers do not add up, sorry. Why can't they still board on full bin of wine glasses and coffee cups at least? No need for rock glasses. Serving wine in a plastic cup, and coffee out of a stryo in first class is a joke! Does this mean once again they will be eating there food with plastic utensils again? What about Transatlantic flights? :rolleyes:

Upgrading the quality of plastic cups? Is she for real? Please tell me this is a joke! Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. :down:
I think it's a great move...I hate the damm glass it's un safe. Why would you want glass in the a/c when it gets choppy? I fell it's the same thought process as taking glass to the pool...if it breaks you get cut...now the party cups are tackey for wine in f/c they could use the plastic cups that look a wine glass. I have seen them on some int'l a/c. another thought with all the money they will save on washing glass they could put that to good use for really important issues...our contract pay work rules etc. these f/a's that want to do all this hottey tooty flambount service should go get a job as a stuffy water at some overpriced resturant in the city. there you can serve snobs and be one...on the a/c it's public transporation... :shock:

Back