Trip Report CLT to SJU 12/24 returning 12/26

BUT it's booked by the international desk--or has that changed too.

I can't answer that one. I'm one of those "don't work for US anymore but still care about the company and hate to see that it's stooped so low that it's serving cheese whiz in F" people.

Now, I will say that I practically went to the mat with a passport control hag who had a striking resemblance to Lotte Lenya's character Rosa Klebb in "From Russia With Love" over whether a U.S. citizen (me) had to have a passport to leave SJU to fly back to CLT. She apparently decided that it was the day for sandy-haired, green-eyed WASP males from NC to need passports, because she didn't even flinch when my wife went through three seconds before me with the same docs.

frwl_1_0912_rosa_klebb.jpg

Now, I will say that I practically went to the mat with a passport control hag who had a striking resemblance to Lotte Lenya's character Rosa Klebb in "From Russia With Love" over whether a U.S. citizen (me) had to have a passport to leave SJU to fly back to CLT. She apparently decided that it was the day for sandy-haired, green-eyed WASP males from NC to need passports, because she didn't even flinch when my wife went through three seconds before me with the same docs.

View attachment 8132

So thats where Blofeld put her...I was wondering ;)

Flew down to San Juan on Wednesday, my partner and I went to see his parents for the Holidays. B767 going down, didn't get first but had a aisle and window 18FG. I was suprised that even thought the B767 still has IFE they did not show a movie? FA's did the buy a drink thing and lots a people pulled out their wallets. They even ran out of the InFlight Cafe except for the snack boxes. The FA's took care of us, they were awesome. Even gave us a snackbox and a few drinks. Note on the snack box, that chicken salad it had was nasty! This was a nice flight.

On the way back, got First Class. Now, I know they have cut back on a lot of stuff but please tell me, why are we serving ham sandwiches with cheese whiz on them to people in First Class. SJU to CLT is a little over 3 hours so you think they would offer something better than that. The other choice was a salad. On a brighter note, the FA did have a hot cookie for us too. LOL The lady that was sitting beside me busted out laughing when the FA brought her a cookie. On the flight back, the FA's started pushing the Barclay's US Airways Mastercard, I think US and BOA have ended their CC relationship for new customers. I know they have to do this but its kind of annoying. Was a good flight except for the Ham Sandwich for lunch. Both crews going down and coming back were awesome. We really do work with some of the best pilots and flight attendants in the industry.

Does anybody really care about these trip reports. There are a lot more important things going on then whether you got ham and cheese wiz......give me a break.

In spite of my strongest urges to do otherwise, I'm going to keep my reply above the belt and just say that Puerto Rico and the USVI are territories of the United States of America.
[/quotThank god you said it I could not stop laughing. I think they may have covered that in grade school

Hey I agree!!!!!

Let's make ALL of the threads about the pilots

LOL!!!!

Actually, I think that a thread dedicated to ham & Cheez Whiz in F (with Two Buck Chuck in a plastic cup) is very telling. Hey, if it's a 3 hour flight, at least the F pax were served something more than just a snack basket. :lol:

Does anybody really care about these trip reports. There are a lot more important things going on then whether you got ham and cheese wiz......give me a break.

I disagree completely.

I'm not sure of your job function at US, or whether you're a customer, or what.

Cheez whiz matters to the people who pay for tickets. That ticket revenue is used to pay salaries. No revenue = no salary. So if Cheez whiz doesn't touch your area of job responsibility, or if you don't interact with customers on a daily basis, don't discount it out-of-hand.

Cheez Whiz could be the poster child for the "New US Airways." It about sums up the state of things today.

If I remember rigiht, after Elwood picked up Jake at Joliet, when they got back to the flophouse one of the guys said.

'Got my Cheez Whiz, boy?'

Flophouse First Class.

It really is sad. Since I've switched to CO, I've been paying for first because upgrades are very limited in popular markets, AND many of these planes actually have 24 - 30 FC seats. It is worth every penny... When I first started flying US years ago, I always paid for FC too - until the experience degraded to nothing but a bigger dirty seat.

Last year, I was flying Air Tran a lot, and their FC product is actually better than US - and the pricing makes sense too. Im not being sarcastic. The seats are more comfortable, their snack basket actually has good selections and they give you XM radio...

Look, US can degrade this product all they want, but they are doing a HUGE disservice by charging FC prices for this class of service. If a coach ticket is $300 - the FC should be $400 - NOT $800. Change the name to "Better Class" and charge $100 for the upgrade.

I think they may have covered that in grade school
[/quote]
I know Puerto Rico is a territory--heck so is American Somolia and it's international if you want to travel there because it is outside Continental US. Sooooo the real meaning at US is if it's booked in international then it's an international flight. Or it used to be -- smart b!!!. Also know passports are not needed to PR, but if you're from PR you have to book international---????

opps meant Samoa--you know where I mean

You know you can edit your own posts, right? It are a fact.

Also Cheez Whiz is the US Airways of condiments. If we're going to get classy we have to go all out. We have to Grey Poupon first class. Grey Poupon all our first class passengers. Getting Poupon customers should be what US does best. :up:

Back