Update

In Denver a group of us had training with a rep from USAir based in PHL, and from what she said these 22 had a lot of issues with behavior before the fight and had a bad rep there for years. These guys should just accept the consequences of thinking they can just beat up someone who comes on their turf, a problem I hear the whole city has.

Owens - And I never said that before when you spoke in favor of the IAM but when you take a position that defends the actions of these people, well, I call it as I see it. And that goes for all the defenders of this kind of behavior.

Seriously though IAM, TWU, wahtever. You get caught in an altercation in which you represent the company or its employees, don't expect to keep your job. If DP punched a member you can bet he would know to resign immediately. By outright making thugs into martyrs the IAM makes it clear that they are so narrow minded that they will stop at nothing regardless of what common decency and their own membership know to be right.

What's next for their argument?

They made us beat them up! Entrapment!

Some people use their fists to abuse others, while others use their Capitol to abuse others. Abuse of others is wrong. The blackeyes will heal quick enough, the harm that people like DP have done not only to the workers but the families of those workers will not go away anytime soon.

Owens - And I never said that before when you spoke in favor of the IAM but when you take a position that defends the actions of these people, well, I call it as I see it. And that goes for all the defenders of this kind of behavior.
Did I defend their actions? Or did I say that these people are entitled to due process?

The fact is that the TWU is making a big deal out of this only because they think it will help them oust the IAM. Violence has been used and tolerated within the TWU and the fact that they say one thing when they do it and the exact opposite when somebody else does it only exposes their lack of scruples and the fact that they will do anything to distort the truth.

Like I said Jim Little is a known liar. His claims of higher education were already exposed for the lies they were on the AA thread. Yet, here you are, reportedly a Teamster, supporting a union that is the epitome of an example of why the Teamsters left the AFL-CIO. The Teamsters main ally, SEUI head Andy Stern, recently commented that the reason why the airline workers were crushed is because they were all divided up. The TWU specializes in dividing up the membership into more manageable units, (managable from the unelected Internationals point of view). In fact they recently tried to split up Local 100, the only remaining resistance to the TWUs pro-company ideology, but the members rejected it. Over at AA they have the members split up into 21 locals. Some with only a hundred or so members. So a workforce of over 30,000 is so fractured and divided that they have no power.

THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

what happened inside that room is all hearsay.cameras weren't inside the room...so now theres two sides to the story.
doesn't look like leaning on anyone has yet produced any rat's to shed light on the dilema.
must be a heavy burden of proof on the legal system then,i'd say.

until theres facts,its all speculation...

Hearsay?

22 to 5 and the 5 had the crap beat out of them?

Sure thing, you and 700 can play "Baghdad Bob" all you want, but you still look like a bunch of thugs, goons and lowlifes.

Hearsay?

22 to 5 and the 5 had the crap beat out of them?

Sure thing, you and 700 can play "Baghdad Bob" all you want, but you still look like a bunch of thugs, goons and lowlifes.
and you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt what went on in that room,who hit who and such?

ingrown behavior we learned from our Teamster union brothers :shock:

and you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt what went on in that room,who hit who and such?

whoa, whoa your out of line questioning such things. Unless your automatic dues deduction has hit a snag this isn't your business. This is a union matter and none of your concern. Step back in line and keep moving.

http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm

Updates

Machinists File Lawsuit Over Firings at US Airways

March 23, 2006

To All District 141 Members Employed by US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Printable Version

The IAM today filed a federal complaint against US Airways for multiple violations of the Railway Labor Act. The suit follows the airline’s termination of twenty-two employees at its Philadelphia, PA hub, many of whom were IAM officers and key representatives. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, is available at Complaint.

US Airways is attempting to systematically eliminate your union representation. The airline fired our representatives to deny you your right to choose representatives and to influence a potential representation election.

The IAM representatives were terminated for alleged involvement in a February 8, 2006 altercation instigated by representatives of the Transport Workers Union (TWU). The IAM and TWU are both vying to represent US Airways Fleet Service employees following the airline’s merger with America West Airlines.

When conducting an investigation of the incident, US Airways’ management refused to speak with any of the IAM-represented employees unless they waived their right to be represented and accompanied by their union representative.

The complaint also charges the airline with refusing IAM representatives their contractual right to enter US Airways property to investigate grievances involving Fleet Service employees.

None of the employees were on a work shift at the time if the incident, it did not take place on US Airways’ property nor did it effect the operation of US Airways in any way. The firings are an attempt to undermine the Machinists Union at US Airways.

The IAM complaint seeks a temporary, preliminary and permanent injunction ordering US Airways to immediately reinstate each of the terminated employees and make each of them whole for all losses suffered, to immediately permit any representative designated by the IAM to enter US Airways’ property for the purpose of representing Fleet Service employees and unspecified compensation and punitive damages.

You will be updated of any new developments.
Fraternally,
S.R. (Randy) Canale
President and Directing General Chairman
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The link to the complaint. OMG!!!
http://www.iam141.org/PDF/US%20Airways/USA.RLA.Complaint.pdf

There side and what is in the press read and compaire. :oops:

US Airways sued over dismissalsThe suit says 22 union members were unjustly fired. The airline denies it.By Jane M. Von BergenInquirer Staff WriterAfter a brawl between rival unions, US Airways unjustly fired 22 union members - many of them leaders - in an attempt to systematically eliminate union representation, according to a lawsuit filed against the airline in federal court yesterday.
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers' lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia, says that organizers from the Transport Workers Union started the violence and that the machinists acted only in self-defense.
US Airways says the suit is without merit.
Five TWU organizers were beaten, allegedly by the machinists, during a meeting Feb. 8 at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott. The brawl also involved about 25 machinists' union members, according to an affidavit signed by one of the TWU organizers. Both unions want to represent baggage handlers under the new US Airways, which merged last year with America West Airlines.
"The firings are an attempt to undermine the machinists' union at US Airways," said Stephen "Randy" Canale, of Havertown, general chairman of the segment of the union that represents 5,500 active and furloughed US Airways baggage handlers.
"This lawsuit has absolutely no merit," US Airways spokesman Philip Gee said in a statement. "US Airways terminated 22 employees after a thorough investigation revealed that they were involved in an assault of TWU representatives," who were not US Airways employees.
"Our investigation revealed no credible evidence that the TWU representatives instigated the violent altercation," he wrote. "US Airways has zero tolerance for acts of violence, intimidation, and harassment against or by any employee. The terminated employees were dealt with accordingly."
Two TWU organizers wound up in the hospital. The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office is still investigating, a spokeswoman said yesterday.
"Just because you are in a hospital being treated doesn't mean you are right," Canale said. His workers also were injured.
According to the lawsuit, the TWU organizers tried to force machinists' union members to leave the meeting and "physically assaulted some... . As a result of this unprovoked assault, a fight broke out."
David Rosen, general counsel for the TWU, laughed when he heard the complaint. "It sounds like I'm getting Bizarro-world version of the facts," he said.
The TWU organizer's affidavit, filed the day of the incident, said that "a crowd of 25 men from the lobby burst through the doors of the meeting room. The men picked up the chairs and threw them at us. They punched us and kicked us and broke glass and furniture."
The TWU represents about 2,400 baggage handlers originally with America West. The machinists' union represents original US Airways baggage handlers, the majority.
Canale said the implications of the airline's actions went beyond firing workers in a fight. The US Airways workers were attending a union meeting, were not on company time, and were not on company property, so the company should not interfere, he said.
"If I am in a bar fight, does US Airways have a right to discipline me?" he asked.
Many of those fired were shop stewards and union leaders and now are not allowed on US Airways property to represent workers, in violation of the union's contract, Canale said.
Canale said he thought the airline was trying to weaken the machinists' union to discourage turnout at a pending representation election. If fewer than half vote, the workers lose their union status.
That happened in an earlier merger, he said, and "US Airways wants history to repeat itself."
The lawsuit asks for the 22 workers, all longtime employees, to be reinstated immediately and compensated for their losses.

BOY 7 you just keep reaching as the days go by.

There are civil and criminal charges against them,maybe even Federal by the time it is all over,
It looks like you are the one reaching, there have been no charges filed against anyone.

Shame on me? Boy are you staring at the back of your prostrate. - I have never supported any type of violence. These people got what they deserved - the only ones I feel sorry for is thier families. They will have to pay the price for thier poor judgement and criminal behavior. There is no way that they were not there looking for the trouble that THEY started. The only thing that suprises me is the IAM not being smart enough to distance themself from this unless they are taking it this far since they ordered it. My personal opinion the IAM's involvement at this point to this degree is the same as a admission of guilt.

Its good to see that the IAM has no concept of shame, therefore reinforcing the union image of no neck goons.

Screw em, these slobs should be in prison.
Those poor 22 IAM guys, they were just trying to stop having their fists assaulted by the faces of the 5 TWU guys.
Yeah.....that's the ticket, vote for IAM and no one gets hurt. :down:

Your "Dues dollars" hard at work.

regards,

Back