US Airways offers employee bonuses

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004

courtsey of CharlotteObserver.com

After a brutal summer for flight delays, US Airways is dangling cash bonuses to employees in an effort to keep holiday flights on time.

US Airways' "Holiday Hustle" program sets two performance goals for Nov. 1-Dec. 31: At least 60 percent of all flights departing at the scheduled time or earlier, and no more than seven mishandled bags per 1,000 bags.

Through Dec. 5, the airline had met both goals. If that continues through Dec. 31, each US Airways employee will get $100 -- $50 for each goal.

To achieve those goals, the carrier last week launched its "On Time. Every Time." campaign, which describes what agents, pilots and flight attendants should do before departure to keep flights moving on time.

After a brutal summer for flight delays, US Airways is dangling cash bonuses to employees in an effort to keep holiday flights on time.

US Airways' "Holiday Hustle" program sets two performance goals for Nov. 1-Dec. 31: At least 60 percent of all flights departing at the scheduled time or earlier, and no more than seven mishandled bags per 1,000 bags.

Through Dec. 5, the airline had met both goals. If that continues through Dec. 31, each US Airways employee will get $100 -- $50 for each goal.

To achieve those goals, the carrier last week launched its "On Time. Every Time." campaign, which describes what agents, pilots and flight attendants should do before departure to keep flights moving on time.
Are the program performances goals that employees have to get include Express operation, which makes up over haft of US Airways

The peverbial carrot in front of the horse. We endure the operational mishaps
and keep the planes moving yet the ''powers that be'' reep the bigger benifits.
$50 or $100, I'd like to see what the people out of the customers sights will make.
Until we as a group realize that we control both ours and thier fates' we will nibble
for the carrot while they sit on the coach making the money.

I know, theres' people who disagree and say be happy with the $50 or $100. I say
your the same reason were making the same wages now as those wages from over
20 years ago. You work for a company and in return the company, when they are
financially secure and making a profit should show thier appreciation in offering a
decent wage and working conditions.

I guess they'll offer us a dinner over the holidays' and we should be happy with that,
oh and free coffee. Parker and the other's are more than happy this holiday season.
I hope you all share in the same spirit or in his case spirits'

bob

Are the program performances goals that employees have to get include Express operation, which makes up over haft of US Airways
i know that Piedmont is included in it this year we have a memo at work that says we at Piedmont are part of the program I do not know though about PSA but I wouldhope that they would too be included since they are US Exp

Pay me my wage and give me back my double time and I will give my all for on time untill then a few delays here and there

I hope you realize Express has been doing better than mainline since May, almost EVERY month too.... on all measured counts.

Isn't it sad that even "lousy" Mesa is flying in a better manner than mainline???
Can you please post those stats I am unable to fine them

Don't get me started. It is a disgrace what happened to that beautiful airport. I could be doing all of my Christmas shopping there instead of having to go to Booth's Corner.

Didn't we used to get an extra incentive for working the holidays - maybe an extra 100.00 in our paychecks?? maybe it was 50.00? I can't remember - does anyone remember this or was this in my dreamland?

I wish I could go back to 1994-1997 when Continental was in the turnaround phase. Granted, they had Gordo. But, didn't he offer the employees goal incentives like this and they were WELL received? If it was a completely new, adept, competent management that just took over at LCC, would these incentives go over any better?

That is barely enough to cover the cost of commuting from PIT I now have to do. If they just kept the PIT hub, all the flights would be on-time because PIT had the best statistics.
Lady I feel for you but it is a choice. Some have commuted from the west coast for over 15+ years.

Things were on time from California too.

Good Luck.

And by the way- welcome to PHL.

Latest posts