US Airways product changes

tahitigirl

Senior
Aug 19, 2005
Many new changes coming with the new year!

Name change of the Attache to US Airways Magazine

Announcement changes

New US Airways credit card to be added

Pretzels and Peanuts to rotate

New video programming for boarding and triva to be added

Woo hoo

Back to USAir(ways) Magazine. A lot of creative minds out there in Tempe. :)

Many new changes coming with the new year!

Name change of the Attache to US Airways Magazine

Announcement changes

New US Airways credit card to be added

Pretzels and Peanuts to rotate

New video programming for boarding and triva to be added
well whose announcements are they adopting? No offense but I hope that they don't go with the HP announcements, I've seen them and oh my, those boarding announcements do not stop. On and on, anyway point being that I know people really do not pay attention but with that much talking they certainly will lose interest.

well whose announcements are they adopting? No offense but I hope that they don't go with the HP announcements, I've seen them and oh my, those boarding announcements do not stop. On and on, anyway point being that I know people really do not pay attention but with that much talking they certainly will lose interest.

I love the trivia questions. On my last AWA flight in August everyone was trying to guess the answers.

I sure hope we don't do the HP announcements. It's just way too much talking!

No kidding - we HATE making them - no one listens and it annoys the hell out of everyone (but mostly us). Wonder why we do it? We have ghost riders who write us up if our announcements are not verbatim. Our director of inflight Sherri McCormick is real supportive of flight attendants! :down: It is definitely them against us. The after takeoff announcement is just one long commercial for flight fund, and Sky Mall which is a joke because I fly a lot and I have NEVER been asked for a form. But my favorite stewardess part is actually telling them something they might want to know - like meal choices and then I have to repeat that 150 times because they didn't listen to anything I had to say. Is US East f/a management bad? If not - please have them replace ours!!

and Sky Mall which is a joke because I fly a lot and I have NEVER been asked for a form.

Because you're probably one of the muddlemouths who HATES her job so much she can't make a clear announcement. That must be why we have double-digit increases in SkyMall sales that make the company money in true commission. Don't you have a sick call to make? :down:

Not anymore than what you do in the jumpseat while reading US weekly. Go make your sick call now...

Because you're probably one of the muddlemouths who HATES her job so much she can't make a clear announcement. That must be why we have double-digit increases in SkyMall sales that make the company money in true commission.

As an employee and a customer, I must agree. Most, not all, of the announcements made by the FA are horrible. Even if someone really wanted to listen, it's very, very difficult to understand. And this is NOT a slam at anyone - those FA's with an accent need to slow down and annunciate even more.

Is there any "training" on announcements?? Just a suggestion, do your announcement into a tape recorder and play it back. Then you will better understand the passengers dilemma.

Over the years, I've noticed our frequent flyers don't like being bombarded with announcements. They seem to especially resent "being sold" to. Which has a side effect of them tending to block out the important stuff, like safety items.

As a compromise, maybe we could just do the sales-pitch PA's on the week-ends when we have more leisure travelers who might be interested in taking a look at Sky Mall.

And I do agree with the poster who suggests some of us need diction and public speaking lessons.

Just my observations.

Dea

Perhaps things might be better if we put the standard messages on video. For example on US East we have the video screens come on and announce that electronic devices are safe to use. Company wide we should have the video screens announce all the standard stuff i.e. dividend miles, cockpit is in the front :rolleyes:, buy in the sky form. East does dividend miles and I think buy in the sky on video already although west does not. West also still has the no smoking lights, east long ago had changed to a no electronics sign which I think should be standard across the fleet. :up:

Bob,

Unless I missed a memo somewhere, we have no leeway in making the safety announcemnents. They are to be read, as written.

Dea

Do F/A's have leeway to "Humor up" the announcements?
Not in the East
I was recently on a flight (HP) and the FA was "humoring up" the announcements....not surprising because he was "humoring up" his passenger greetings also. He took the time to give special treats (Biscotti Cookies) to the children on board......this was just a few days before Christmas. This FA was a very personable individual and his happy, upbeat personality shone through. It was a pleasure to be on that packed flight with the screaming kids because of his "humor up" attitude.

But back to the announcements.......personally, I don't see any reason to not "humor them up." As long as the required information is passed along. I also think that a little humor to get the passengers attention, may make them actually listen a little more. And I don't believe that anyone would get in "trouble" for being a personable, humerous, light hearted, happy representative of the airline.

Happy New Year to all.

Because you're probably one of the muddlemouths who HATES her job so much she can't make a clear announcement. That must be why we have double-digit increases in SkyMall sales that make the company money in true commission. Don't you have a sick call to make? :down:
Not anymore than what you do in the jumpseat while reading US weekly. Go make your sick call now...

Thanks for the vote of confidence - after 21 years I do like my job and I do make the announcements ~ I hope clearly and I was simply pointing out that I think we make too much of them and everyone tunes out. And sick call? What does that have to do with announcements? Bad day there??? ;)

Do F/A's have leeway to "Humor up" the announcements?
Not in the East
First of all this is NOT swa.........nothing worse than listening to some "want to be comedian" making a F-O-O-L of themselves not knowing when to draw the line on what is acceptable. There are many F/A's that deviate from the required script and do a Very Good job with the announcements.......same is true for alot of the Ground Staff, problem is way too many people despise making the announcements, race through their delivery, don't annunciate and ultimately the customer TUNES them OUT!