US Pilots Labor Discussion 10/13-- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you are asking Traderjake. I'd like to answer.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. N/A
4. I am a member of the West class. Our voice has been stiffled, by design, so that we have little effect on the tyrrany called AFOUSAPA.
5. I do vote.
6. Yes. Doing the right thing, leading by example, taking charge, owning up to mistakes are all fine examples of how a person or group with INTEGRITY should act. USAPA has done the complete opposite.

A lot of East postings point out "well if this happened like this" or "we are doing the right thing by the CB&L, blah, blah...". All the while these decisions were made after the fact. These subsequent problems all stem from the East's decision to NOT HONOR their decision.

USAPA = what will we think of next?

I edited my post because it violated the rules. Maybe you should edit the quote you did of mine.

But.......thanks for the answers. It's how (1,2 and 5, not the drama on the others) I would hope all east pilots would vote because I see no excuse for an east pilot to not be a member and to stand up and do what is right within their union. It especially bugs me when I hear non-members complaining about USAPA, but turning their backs to doing anything about it. The west maybe somewhat excluded by either design or just the numbers, I don't know, but any east pilot is not. I'm sure as much as trader talks of fairness and right and wrong he doesn't fall into that category.

Arbitrators always take a long time for a decision in most cases, its never quick, the airbus one took almost six months to get a decision.

What is the word on the long awaiting LOA93 arbitration?
Maybe a deal in the works

USAPA sent out a notice that the arbitrator had told another group for which he is doing an arbitration that he has had personal issues arise, and he asked them to be patient because their decision may be put back a few months. I don't think he said this to our group, but USAPA is asking that we be patient nevertheless if the arbitrator has do deal with life's issues.

Originally we were told to expect a decision in the Sept/Oct time frame. Maybe that will get pushed back due to circumstances beyond the control of the arbitrator. It doesn't really matter. If he rules in USAPA's favor, the renewed pay rate was effective 1 January and the back pay will just be a larger amount.

EDITED TO REMOVE DELETED POST - Mod
You may be able to convince yourself that the East pilots' actions aren't harming anyone (i.e. no victims), but just believing a lie doesn't make the lie any more true. The fact is that many thousands of people are directly and negatively affected by the fact that the East pilots refuse to honor their contractual agreements and because USAPA fails to fulfill its obligations to impartially represent all pilots of US Airways. The pilots, flight attendants, and many other employees of US airways have been harmed by the nefarious conduct of the east pilots.

Reactions: 3 people
You may be able to convince yourself that the East pilots' actions aren't harming anyone (i.e. no victims), but just believing a lie doesn't make the lie any more true. The fact is that many thousands of people are directly and negatively affected by the fact that the East pilots refuse to honor their contractual agreements and because USAPA fails to fulfill its obligations to impartially represent all pilots of US Airways. The pilots, flight attendants, and many other employees of US airways have been harmed by the nefarious conduct of the east pilots.

Get real. East and west pilots had a hand in this mess. It's when the west pilot cry victim, I laugh.

Let's see, what has this fight cost other groups? The company? Nope, they have profited handsomely while having a fine running operation. F/As? Don't know, but we really aren't responsible for their contract and they have finally have made the decision to move on with out us. Haven't some pilots in the know said they are right around the corner from a contract? Who else? Stockholders? Doubt it? Other employees? Nope, they have been operating on joint contracts for a while. Anything else we want to lay on to this fight? Global warming? Homelessness? Hunger?

Reactions: 3 people
Here are a few interesting quotes from ALPA's new president, Capt. Moak:

"It is the unemotional, reserved, calm, detached warrior who wins, not the hothead seeking vengeance and not the ambitious seeker of fortune." You guys know any of those? :D

On our mess:

"There's absolutely a fix," he said. "It will take all parties coming together with an open mind and addressing issues. ALPA can help with that."

What do you think west pilots, can he lead us out of this mess? :lol:

Here are a few interesting quotes from ALPA's new president, Capt. Moak:

"It is the unemotional, reserved, calm, detached warrior who wins, not the hothead seeking vengeance and not the ambitious seeker of fortune." You guys know any of those? :D

On our mess:

"There's absolutely a fix," he said. "It will take all parties coming together with an open mind and addressing issues. ALPA can help with that."

What do you think west pilots, can he lead us out of this mess? :lol:

If Moak has ordered his predecessor be @#$%@#&%*(! then I'll consider that perhaps ALPA has been transformed enough to be able to now help out. Please get back to me. :lol:

Okay, I'll bite. What is the West's "hand" in the mess? Please be specific. If you can't, just say so and retract your statement. You're only human.

After we could not negotiate an agreement and then we lost a mutually agreed upon, legally binding arbitration, you would not negotiate an agreement we liked.

Did I leave anything out, Pi brat?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts