US Pilots' Labor Discussion 10/27-11/?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who pays for this? The pilots once again who blindly enrich USAPA officials.
Regards,

USA320Pilot

I have ZERO sympathy for you. You championed this rogue union from the beginning. YOU and those like you are responsible for tens of thousands of dollars of lost income/benefits to EACH US Airways pilot and there is literally NO end in sight. Go Cry to someone else that you're not happy with this abomination that you wanted so badly...despite the fact that EVERY SINGLE person, (outside of Seham and the Bradford crew) told you that this experiment would NEVER WORK.

Your side brought this misery upon all US Airways pilots and their families and you were right there shaking your USAPA pom-poms. I didn't forget that. Nobody has. So excuse me while Ignore your endless whining about your situation perhaps you should have better saved your parity +1% money that ALPA delivered for you. I couldn't care less what you think or how unhappy you are.

Who pays for this? The pilots once again who blindly enrich USAPA officials. In my opinion, when ALPA likely returns there will not be the USAPA "gravy train" any more.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
I have ZERO sympathy for you. You championed this rogue union from the beginning. YOU and those like you are responsible for tens of thousands of dollars of lost income/benefits to EACH US Airways pilot and there is literally NO end in sight. Go Cry to someone else that you're not happy with this abomination that you wanted so badly...despite the fact that EVERY SINGLE person, (outside of Seham and the Bradford crew) told you that this experiment would NEVER WORK.

Your side brought this misery upon all US Airways pilots and their families and you were right there shaking your USAPA pom-poms. I didn't forget that. Nobody has. So excuse me while Ignore your endless whining about your situation perhaps you should have better saved your parity +1% money that ALPA delivered for you. I couldn't care less what you think or how unhappy you are.

Oooooh! :eek:

What's this??? :shock:

Trouble in paradise? :lol: :up:

I just heard the Pension Investigation Committee told pilots at the recent DCA Road Show that the East pilot assessment could last 2 to 3 years. If so pilots could be assessed a total of $1,890 for very little if any chance of obtaining anything.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Considering Pollock gave my !.7 million pension away I don't mind spending 1890, beside it will be voted on one way or the other. Nice try however to stir the pot :lol:

Considering Pollock gave my !.7 million pension away I don't mind spending 1890, beside it will be voted on one way or the other. Nice try however to stir the pot :lol:

Pollock didn't give away your pension. It was lost when ERISA kicked in and that was months before the cerimonial vote took place. Check it out of you don't believe me.

Driver B)

Man, some of you east guys can make me laugh so hard with what you post!

Pollock didn't give away your pension. It was lost when ERISA kicked in and that was months before the cerimonial vote took place. Check it out of you don't believe me.

Driver B)
Wrong... the pension was funded to ERISA standards through 12/31/2002 according to the US Airways filing with the DOL... so ERISA did not kick in... Hummm unless U lied to the DOL in their filing.

Wrong... the pension was funded to ERISA standards through 12/31/2002 according to the US Airways filing with the DOL..

There are two standards by which to measure whether a DB plan is "fully funded".

One is on an on-going basis - will future employer contributions and ROA provide enough money to pay benefits as they come due as those under the plan retire. This is generally the easier standard to meet since it includes continuing income to the plan as time goes by.

The other is on a termination basis - is there enough money in the plan to pay every covered employee their accrued benefit today. Since this one doesn't include ROI/contributions it is usually harder to meet.

The normal annual filings to the DOL gave funding under the first (which, as you say, showed the plan funded to ERISA standards). However, the plan wasn't sufficiently funded on a termination basis which is why PC3's didn't quite get their full benefit from the PBGC and most if not all PC4's will get the guarantee. So both statements could be true - the plan could have been sufficiently funded as of 12/31/02 on an on-going basis but significantly underfunded on a termination basis.

As I recall, and it could be wrong, there would have to have been a rather large contribution in 2003 to keep the plan fully funded by ERISA's on-going basis standard. The company claimed that making that payment would prevent a successful reorganization (not that the one US accomplished was successful anyway) so they had no choice but to terminate the plan and it was significantly underfunded on a termination basis.

Jim

Wrong... the pension was funded to ERISA standards through 12/31/2002 according to the US Airways filing with the DOL... so ERISA did not kick in... Hummm unless U lied to the DOL in their filing.

They lied.

So let me get this straight...who are the "malicious" ones...those sending feces through the mail and tying up safety hotlines? Or those trying to do the business of the pilots without being shut down by the childish and dangerous actions of a few malcontents?

"Last chance" for what? Good will? See the above sentence, I don't believe pilots who would commit such acts have any good will to save.

I can see why you would not understand the full page ad..after all, none of your International Capts were asked to attend fuel school.

RR

First, while I agree with usapa that the training department should not be used as a method toward discipline, our agreement ends there. The Ad was plain stupid.

The reason none of our international captains were asked to attend fuel school, was twofold. One, they did not need it, and two, according to our contract, they would be paid for it.

But more importantly, let me get you straight on the "malicious ones". Who are the only "ones" who have a verdict against them? Who are the only "ones" who have actually broken the law? When I used the term "malicious" I meant it in the context of "malicious prosecution" wherein an intentional persuing of a legal action is brought without probable cause. There are named defendants, who I defy you to make a reasonable arguement, linking them to any of the actions you have refered to. So, it is "last chance" for...oh never mind.....it is already too late.

PS. usapa was not trying to "do the business of the pilots" they were, and still are, trying to do the illegal bussiness of violating the rights of a minority of this pilot group. An act in and of itself that is "malicious".

Wow, it's funny how a post can jog memories from a converstation a year ago. That's the real reason for the C18 suit isn't it? Outspend the west group to victory, don't worry about merit. Disgusting.
QUOTE (Reed Richards @ Nov 1 2009, 11:13 PM)
I was not "asking" for the facts. Pesky money problems seem to be popping up everywhere.... except at USAPA. I can only wonder how it will all turn out. Perhaps the end game is closer than we all thought. Money talks and..well, you know.

RR

usapa will see its share of those pesky money problems next year, more specifically, those usapa members who are not in the Addington class, will see money problems next year.

Maybe the change of venue will be granted and the award will be even hirer to pay the greater legal expenses of commuting the West team to DC.

Considering Pollock gave my !.7 million pension away

That's like saying you gave your wallet away to the mugger holding a gun in your face.

Nobody is going to finance bankrupt company unless they get the deal on their terms.

The company went bankrupt a second time without funding the DB plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts