US Pilots labor Discussion 12/4-

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this specific case involving USAPA, there were claims by some East posters that various other unions would file amicus briefs with the appeals court supporting USAPA's legal arguments.

Jim

Sure. Legitimate Labor unions are lining up to support USAPA :lol: I mean really, USAPA has such power and influence in Aviation!! Who else has such a respected reputation for competence, integrity, and effectiveness? Who cares about that pesky DFR conviction. Everybody knows that "final and binding" is a meaningless statement, (seham) so I wouldn't at all be surprised to find all of CAPA, trip over themselves to go on record as supporting the situational integrity of the East. :lol: Maybe Sully is would be willing to write some more fiction for the cause.

The BPR should hire Ricardo Montalban as a spokesman. He could start every USAPA communication with "Welcome to Fantasy Island!!" Cleary can be Tattoo running about shouting "The Plane, The Plane!!!" as he points to pictures of the hundreds of black top jets parked in the Mojave. :lol:

The BPR should hire Ricardo Montalban as a spokesman. He could start every USAPA communication with "Welcome to Fantasy Island!!" Cleary can be Tattoo running about shouting "The Plane, The Plane!!!" as he points to pictures of the hundreds of black top jets parked in the Mojave. :lol:

The problem with that idea is that he is dead.

Dang that was funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alas on Fantasy Island, all your fantasies were to be fulfilled. Strike 2.

Now Fantasy Pig Pickin' would be where Seham comes out in overalls to a platter where a hog made of 100 dollar bills sits. He pulls one off, stuffs it in his pocket and tells you why he has an iron clad case. Then he pulls another and tells you why Judge Wake is incompetent. And then another and another. Cleary is heard off-camera yelling, "Hey Lee, save some for me, will ya'?"

USAPA - A carcass of currency. Tender?, Yes. Legal?, Well...

You can stop sputtering now. Yes, he is our lawyer. You come here and demean a man day after day, now suddenly claim he represents "you." No, his ideals represent what the majority of pilots here believe. He indeed represents you in all matters contract and discipline, but don't for minute think he has any obligation to further your minority dreams. This is indeed USAPA's "quest," and quite frankly you bring up an important point..what USAPA seeks does not necessarily have to be in your personal "best interest." Don't confuse your day to day representation with the goals of the majority of the Union members here. But you know that. The issues are clear, and all your hate and logic contortions will not change what is happening.

RR

This kind of attitude is what got you guys in trouble in the first place. I don't know why most of the West pilots talk poorly of your lawyers. They're the best thing that could have happened to the West pilots.

HP you gonna make me wait til tomorrow to hear the audio or can you give some details?
Seham barely got a boo in before one of the judges asked him what part of "final and binding" did he not understand.

Amazing how Bradford made it to the courthouse today. Little easier to find this time I guess.

Also heard Bradford showed up...interesting, couldn't make it to testify and protect his 'brain child' but can travel across the country to listen to the appeal. Was there a hope Lee was going to call him to the stand?

Rumor has it the first question to Lee was about 'Final and Binding'..... :eek:
There were a number of great questions. Judge Graber asked a great hypothetical about using Seham's argument to staple women union members to the bottom, and whether their DFR claim would not become ripe until a CBA were implemented. Seham's answer was priceless. I gotta hand it to him, it takes a lot of something - don't know what exactly - but whatever it is it takes a lot of it to stand before three appellate judges and defend his position with a straight face.

Andy Jacob was totally in his element: a legal scholar speaking to three other legal scholars. They get it, just like the cum laude Harvard lawyer presiding over the trial got it.

Judge Graber asked a great hypothetical about using Seham's argument to staple women union members to the bottom, and whether their DFR claim would not become ripe until a CBA were implemented. Seham's answer was priceless.

Can you share any specifics on Seham's answer to Judge Graber's question?

And I'm certain at least some of our counterparts out east had insiders there. I'd like to hear their take as well.

Audio transcripts will be out tomorrow. No point of discussing this any further until then IMO, and even then nothing is certain until the opinion is published.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts