Us Planning Something In Fll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to ask, is there room in US's existing terminal for a US Airways Club?

I seriously doubt it. Overall it is a small concourse. I think there is roughly about 14 gates there, give or take. They are split between US, Air Tran, and Southeast I believe.

There are 14 gates in E concourse.

Concourse E was originally the Eastern Terminal, and like the DL terminal, was built before the upper level roadway was completed. There are no club facilities in Terminal 3's 2 concourses (E & F) and there are no club facilities in Terminal 4 either. There is no room for them either, unless existing retail space is booted out. There is not a Crown Room in Delta's terminal either.

Looks like FLL-BWI and FLL-BDL are starting on 13 November, but they are Saturday-only. Much more surprising is that a Saturday-only MIA-BWI starts the same day.

MAH4546 said:
Looks like FLL-BWI and FLL-BDL are starting on 13 November, but they are Saturday-only. Much more surprising is that a Saturday-only MIA-BWI starts the same day.
[post="168956"][/post]​

Seems to me this would be a cruise ship service only. Though the flights are always full, the airlines give such deep discounts to the cruise lines, I wonder how a schedule for cruise ship service only could be profitable.

Last time I took a cruise, my airline ticket showed a total of $150 r-t, IAH/FLL!

jimntx said:
Seems to me this would be a cruise ship service only. Though the flights are always full, the airlines give such deep discounts to the cruise lines, I wonder how a schedule for cruise ship service only could be profitable.

Last time I took a cruise, my airline ticket showed a total of $150 r-t, IAH/FLL!
[post="168962"][/post]​

They are aimed at cruise ship passengers, however, both FLL-BWI and FLL-BDL should be operating daily by February 2004.

I keep waiting to hear speculation that Spirit's gates and coming a320s are part of this rumoured FLL expansion. What is the deal with this rumour? The FLL one, the a320 thing isn't a rumour. you didn't hear it here first.

RowUnderDCA said:
I keep waiting to hear speculation that Spirit's gates and coming a320s are part of this rumoured FLL expansion. What is the deal with this rumour? The FLL one, the a320 thing isn't a rumour. you didn't hear it here first.
[post="169023"][/post]​

Are you suggesting some kind of UCT?

:)

Jay

enilria said:
What would they fly northbound? RJs? Mainline? I'd guess the old MetroJet markets first: IAD/BWI/BDL/BOS/LGA (announced).
[post="166216"][/post]​

OK, guys. I don't have to start saying I told you so. They are just Saturdays so far, but this is phase 1 I suspect:

US Airways will begin new nonstop roundtrip service to Fort Lauderdale from both Hartford, Conn., and Baltimore/Washington International (BWI). Hartford-Fort Lauderdale GoFares start at $108* one-way, and last minute fares are available for as low as $194* one-way. BWI-Fort Lauderdale fares start at $79* one-way, and last minute fares begin at $188* one-way. From Fort Lauderdale, US Airways currently flies to six nonstop destinations.

enilria said:
OK, guys. I don't have to start saying I told you so. They are just Saturdays so far, but this is phase 1 I suspect:
US Airways will begin new nonstop roundtrip service to Fort Lauderdale from both Hartford, Conn., and Baltimore/Washington International (BWI). Hartford-Fort Lauderdale GoFares start at $108* one-way, and last minute fares are available for as low as $194* one-way. BWI-Fort Lauderdale fares start at $79* one-way, and last minute fares begin at $188* one-way. From Fort Lauderdale, US Airways currently flies to six nonstop destinations.
[post="169335"][/post]​

And there is more to come...Just wait and see....sources say ...BOS-FLL daily, PVD-FLL daily, BDL and BWI (eventually daily) BUF -FLL sat and sun. Also seeking authority for carribean, latin america and "other" int'l destinations.... Maybe finally somebody at the Crystal Palace got a plan. Hope this begins a REAL transformation. There is ALWAYS HOPE!!!!

NAPAUS said:
And there is more to come...Just wait and see....sources say ...BOS-FLL daily, PVD-FLL daily, BDL and BWI (eventually daily) BUF -FLL sat and sun. Also seeking authority for carribean, latin america and "other" int'l destinations.... Maybe finally somebody at the Crystal Palace got a plan. Hope this begins a REAL transformation. There is ALWAYS HOPE!!!!
[post="169337"][/post]​

I, for one, HOPE it's not too late. This is stuff they should have been doing the day they left bankruptcy, not 18 months later.

nycbusdriver said:
I, for one, HOPE it's not too late. This is stuff they should have been doing the day they left bankruptcy, not 18 months later.
[post="169437"][/post]​

I suspect the FLL program is getting delayed because of the incongruity of announcing this whole thing while the carrier's possible liquidation is an issue.

They are probably waiting for some good news to drop this.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Folks....there will be pleanty of room for us in FLL. Just wait and see.
[post="166639"][/post]​

Believe it or not, the rumor is that this FLL thing will be announced tomorrow for February 2005 start. Hard to believe that they would announce it in the midst of what else is going on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts