Us Planning Something In Fll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in pilot ground school at MidAtlantic and they keep telling us, unofficially of course, that they plan on flying the EMB-170 to the carribean. Time will tell, but the plane definately has the range.

enilria said:
Believe it or not, the rumor is that this FLL thing will be announced tomorrow for February 2005 start. Hard to believe that they would announce it in the midst of what else is going on...
[post="170684"][/post]​

They've been announcing lots of other good news lately.

And more importantly, they have to announce the FLL stuff soon, because they need time to sell the seats. :)

autofixer said:
And "they" told the guys hired in '97, they would be in the left seat in 5 years...
[post="170712"][/post]​

And they told my class in '89 we would all be 4-5 year captains. Dick Piper sure missed the mark.

DENVER, CO

ringmaruf said:
They've been announcing lots of other good news lately.

And more importantly, they have to announce the FLL stuff soon, because they need time to sell the seats. :)
[post="170714"][/post]​

It looks like it has been pushed again. The international pricing department in Crystal City has been told they will need to work this weekend to load fares for announced new service on Monday.

The routes are as follows according to what they submitted to OAG:
FLL-BDL/BOS/FLL/CUN/DCA/EWR/GUA/KIN/LGA/PTY/SAL/SDQ/SJO/SJU. Most are less than daily, BOS is twice per day.

US Express will add: EYW/MCO/NAS/PLS/TPA

enilria said:
It looks like it has been pushed again. The international pricing department in Crystal City has been told they will need to work this weekend to load fares for announced new service on Monday.

The routes are as follows according to what they submitted to OAG:
FLL-BDL/BOS/FLL/CUN/DCA/EWR/GUA/KIN/LGA/PTY/SAL/SDQ/SJO/SJU. Most are less than daily, BOS is twice per day.

US Express will add: EYW/MCO/NAS/PLS/TPA
[post="170889"][/post]​

If this is true, it is very good news. Most of those flights should be pretty profitable. How are they going to service the cities? Are they only going to fly only on the weekend when planes aren't being used as much?

US1YFARE said:
If this is true, it is very good news. Most of those flights should be pretty profitable. How are they going to service the cities? Are they only going to fly only on the weekend when planes aren't being used as much?
[post="170908"][/post]​

The majority are three or four flights per week.

Couple thoughts:

They're probably gonna neet some EOW planes for these routes. Looking at the map, FLL-SJO or FLL-PTY involve a lot of open water flying once you get past Cuba and the Caymans. I can't imagine that they'd fly towards CUN and then run south. Lots of extra flight time - certainly not one to be flown with a EMB170.

A second point is that the Star flights from South Florida depart out of Miami - 1x daily to FRA, 1x daily to GRU, and 2x weekly to GIG. Are these flights staying at MIA?

The final point is that United still has a ton of codeshare service with CO Express out of MIA, FLL, MCO, and TPA. Is this ending in favor of US Express?

ITRADE said:
The final point is that United still has a ton of codeshare service with CO Express out of MIA, FLL, MCO, and TPA. Is this ending in favor of US Express?
[post="170915"][/post]​

I think part of it depends on who's doing the flying. We know the PLS route will be PSA. But the rest of it--will it be Piedmont, PSA, or heaven forbid Air Midwest?

I don't blame UA for sticking with Gulfstream instead of Air Midwest.

autofixer said:
And "they" told the guys hired in '97, they would be in the left seat in 5 years...
[post="170712"][/post]​

no one was hired in 97.... you are thinking of 99, and guess what... they were right here it is 04 and most are in the left seat.

Regarding the UA codeshare- They continue with Gulfstream and I have not heard of them dropping them. Its very confusing though to fly into TPA on a UA* flight operated by US, then transfer to a UA* flight to EYW operated by COEx. No UA on either flight and no UA people either.
Regarding the new (?) flights. Lets hope they are not on Air Midwest. Its really bad when you cant fly 16 or 17 (let alone the 19 it holds) with all of their bags. Most of the Air Midwest pilots we have down here are super nice and try to help out, but there is only so much you can do. We are still leaving bags and/or people off on a daily basis, yet NO ONE STILL seems to have a clue its going on.
It would be nice to get some RJS into Fla or at least get some Dashs back so we could at least take the people AND their bags.

I have a quick question...All this new service out of FLL is good news for those of you left...I was told by someone at one of the LCC's a couple months ago that there's a big runway construction project coming up in Ft. Lauderdale. Big time delays are expected so many of the airlines operating out of that airport are looking to put their equipment into MIA or RSW until things return to normal. Does anyone have any info on this or was I just fed wrong information. Thanks.

ITRADE said:
Couple thoughts:

They're probably gonna neet some EOW planes for these routes. Looking at the map, FLL-SJO or FLL-PTY involve a lot of open water flying once you get past Cuba and the Caymans. I can't imagine that they'd fly towards CUN and then run south. Lots of extra flight time - certainly not one to be flown with a EMB170.
[post="170915"][/post]​

They already have overwater on their Airbus narrowbodies. They wouldn't need ETOPS for any of this. The FLL-PLS on an RJ shouldn't need overwater because of all the island alternates between.

On another note, I'm thinking more of this is daily than I thought. We'll see soon.

ITRADE said:
Couple thoughts:

A second point is that the Star flights from South Florida depart out of Miami - 1x daily to FRA, 1x daily to GRU, and 2x weekly to GIG. Are these flights staying at MIA?

[post="170915"][/post]​

This is awesome news...I was told about the KIN/GUA/PTY flights earlier today, and the rest is really exciting! As for Star Alliance flights of Varig and Lufthansa (they also fly MIA-MUC, three weekly) moving to FLL, simple answer: no way. They are heavy O&D routes and give very little feed in Miami, and the premium yields are at FLL. Not to mention FLL's international terminal is too crowded as is. Also, there is a new $800M concourse being built in Miami exclusively for Star Alliance airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts