US/UA Merger Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe some of the hurry to do this is because folks think that the current administration will be more likely to approve these mergers than the next will.

Indeed. Let's examine the "RealPolitik" behind much of this..which, in personal terms, can be summed up amongst the "Great Giants" of airline "leadership" to mean = "DANG it!!..I've go to move FAST in order to pocket ALL those MILLIONS that I'll get if I can just set up some "merger"!!!" Does ANY of it actually "make sense"??" "Who cares!!??!!...It sure does for ME!!".

If this occurs and again this is a BIG if, be aware that there will be "redundancies" so be prepared for change (unfortunately we've been through this a couple of times) and it is not fun.

My apologies to Bobby in ATL.

As much as I agree with your posts you or I probably have very little say in the matter.

We(US/HP) are probably likely to be exposed, in a good way, to how things are done at UAL-which I look forward to, however the current management at UAL has seemed to squander the cache of UAL (we have very little to emphasize for ourselves).

You may find that there are willing people to meet your expectations.

If I read you correctly you are concerned about ITL travel and there are many on this side who would look forward to a return of the "Division" days.

I dont think that many people at UAL want intl/domestic divisions again... Most of the f/a's are qualified on everything from the 737 to the 747.. It gives more flexibility to your schedule and trading to be able to do both.. One day domestics are VERY senior i.e... It is nice to be able to bounce back and forth, and no, just b/c you are intl only, doesn't mean you provide better service b/c you do it all the time... That theory is VERY old... We also mix island and intl together to create triangles and we also do W's which is domestic layovers and intl... For example on a triangle you may do IAD-STT and then STT - ORD layover 26 hours, then the next day you do ORD -LHR layover 28 hours, then you do LHR - IAD.... On a W you would do ORD-FRA, layover, FRA-IAD layover, IAD-LHR layover, LHR-ORD.... I also saw someone mentioned the training center and where it would be located... Well UAL has 3 training centers domestically - Chicago TK - DEN TK - and SFO TK .... Chicago training center is seperate from TK, but is much nicer than anything US has to offer, including a pool for the trainees to hang out at during the summer... If you are based in NRT or HKG you do RET over there and the same for LHR and FRA.. They do RET there... CLT and PHX will probably be sand in the wind if this thing happens... I only pray that if it does they nix Doug Parker and the rest of the Tempe gang.. Things are done soooooo differet at UAL vs. US .... People will be enraged at the crap DP pulls.. It will not be a pretty picture for sure...

Thank you for setting things straight. I think that people on this end look forward to doing a an improved service.

As far as DP, I would not be unhappy if he retired with his stock or whatever- who do you think should run things?

I only pray that if it does they nix Doug Parker and the rest of the Tempe gang.. Things are done soooooo differet at UAL vs. US .... People will be enraged at the crap DP pulls.. It will not be a pretty picture for sure...

Agreed. Whatever my many issues with this potential merger: I've full respect for UAL's legacy and name (heck..I would have flown with UAL long ago..except for that little business of a strike..Homey don't play Scab/etc) ..even if, as with most all of us..you folks have also fallen on troubled times. Whatever happens? = Best to us all.

CLT and PHX will probably be sand in the wind if this thing happens... I only pray that if it does they nix Doug Parker and the rest of the Tempe gang.. Things are done soooooo differet at UAL vs. US .... People will be enraged at the crap DP pulls.. It will not be a pretty picture for sure...

CLT=Fortress hub, and it won't be going anywhere. DEN need to check its six, SWA and F9 plus high facility costs = trouble. UAL is headed for BK maybe, just maybe it's because you do things sooooo different.

PS give my regards to Tilton he's doing a colossal job (the best airline network in the world and its going down the drain).

1/3 of the employees looking for a better life from this assumed business transaction will not have a job after all is said and done. There is only one reason for this transaction. You are fodder to their needs. Carry on worker ants, the queens have their payoff, with your peacefully unaware cooperation.

"But United executives aren't expected to run the carrier, which would be the nation's second largest, slightly smaller than the proposed Delta-Northwest Airlines tie-up announced last month. Top duties are likely to be assumed by US Airways Chief Executive Doug Parker and its president, Scott Kirby, said people close to the Phoenix-based carrier."

United management; cashing in with your cooperation.

Combined carrier is expected to be based in Chicago, but top leaders would come from smaller airline

Reasons to merge at UAL? Try money article, Chicago Business News.

Thank you for setting things straight. I think that people on this end look forward to doing a an improved service.

As far as DP, I would not be unhappy if he retired with his stock or whatever- who do you think should run things?

Well people at US tend to "covet" intl more b/c there is much less of it probably... Which is fine and all, but it creates much more flexibility to do both, the people who can hold it, can hold it with a fence or without a fence... I think what the folks at US won't like is the fact the we at UAL DO NOT fly over 100 hours per month... Or 300 per quarter, and I don't think that will be changing anytime soon... Once you hit 100 hours you are done.. I for one would be happy for the reserves at US, at least there is rotation over at UAL and that would for sure stick... But you can't pick up as a reserve - not even on your off days... Which kinda stinks...

which would the U-right?

Neg..I honestly mean best to us "all". Flying's pretty much just a "hobby" to me anymore..I just don't much like the thought of massive layoffs/etc, for those younger in life's journey, and without "walking away money" in hand. I love aviation, and honestly feel that providing aerial transport to millions is a truly noble thing to do...BUT..the people actually doing that..shouldn't be consistantly "screwed", and/or otherwise disenfranchised, for their efforts, just to make a select few psychotic, greed-soaked, sociopaths in ANY "managements" happy. Sorry..a little recidivist idealism showing through ;) Seriously?..those "running things" are NOTHING actually "special"...a well-trained, striped-arsed baboon could run a heuristic algorythm/regression, abuse statistics, and charismatically "harrumph" to the maximum extent allowable by any/all surrounding morons on ANY "Board"...umm..SO? ;) That?..and the abilty to lie profusely is ..umm.."worth"..MILLIONS? ;) Of course..not ALL con artists can convince the bulk of their local employees that they're on a supposedly "first name basis"...now THAT takes some REAL/high quality, seriously "pure" total BS ;)

CLT=Fortress hub, and it won't be going anywhere. DEN need to check its six, SWA and F9 plus high facility costs = trouble. UAL is headed for BK maybe, just maybe it's because you do things sooooo different.

PS give my regards to Tilton he's doing a colossal job (the best airline network in the world and its going down the drain).

Elevation, I was talking about training centers, it is obvious that you didn't read my post, Everyone is headed for BK with oil at 126 bucks per barrell... Tilton is crap and we all know it, he didn't do what he was supposed to in BK... So once again CLT and PHX training centers would probably be toast... I doubt that DEN is in Danger, look at SWA in SFO and IAD, they are not the kitty kats meow, Over the next two years - when the hedges start eroding, we will see how things pan out...

1/3 of the employees looking for a better life from this assumed business transaction will not have a job after all is said and done. There is only one reason for this transaction. You are fodder to their needs. Carry on worker ants, the queens have their payoff, with your peacefully unaware cooperation.

Reasons to merge at UAL? Try money article, Chicago Business News.

Whatta' batch of optimistic crap Nos..you know you're being overly generous sir ;)...we/you/I/etc know, from experience, that the stats are more likley to eventually prove out, not some "mere" 1/3rd..but more likley 40-50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back