Who should be fired...

Huh? Where has it ever been implied that Parker has ever had anything to do with flying an unsafe airline?

hp_fa here is my answers to your questions:

No where on my post I implied that Parker have ever had anything to do with flying an unsafe airline.

Apparently, you work for him and I incidentally may have mentioned you when I said that: he (Parker) has people reading this board and reporting back to him.

Read my post again. Today they screw up the web site thus, inhibiting us from properly managing our accounts and making informed travel decisions.

They already screwed up the in-flight service. Have you (or anyone reading this post) compared the difference between today’s amenity kits on envoy with those offered two years ago?

Again, today is the web site tomorrow is safety.

Safety or lack off it is what brought down ValuJet flight 592.

Here is another reason why I am saying that these people are irresponsible. Since the new site when into effect, I have not being able to log in. I follow the advice of those with faith in Tech Support and wrote them. Here is what I received:

Thank you for contacting US Airways by email. US Airways responds to messages seven days per week usually within 5-7 business days. If this schedule will not provide a timely response, please contact our Internet customer support desk directly at 800-327-7810.

I am in Europe right now and called that number which for me is not toll free and after hearing the US Air song for 10 consecutive minutes without any human intervention, I hung up.

These people totally abandoned their preferred traveler. I am considering recommending that my organization switch to another Star Alliance carrier.

Can't blame you for that. When lack of customer service creates unnecessary anxiety, I too, would be calling another carrier.

I think the airline is leaning to become a "virtual airline"...fewer employees, less amenities, with customers accessing everything on internet, and that even is a debockle.

hp_fa here is my answers to your questions:

No where on my post I implied that Parker have ever had anything to do with flying an unsafe airline.

Apparently, you work for him and I incidentally may have mentioned you when I said that: he (Parker) has people reading this board and reporting back to him.

Read my post again. Today they screw up the web site thus, inhibiting us from properly managing our accounts and making informed travel decisions.

They already screwed up the in-flight service. Have you (or anyone reading this post) compared the difference between today’s amenity kits on envoy with those offered two years ago?

Again, today is the web site tomorrow is safety.

Safety or lack off it is what brought down ValuJet flight 592.

Pardon me, but I have a problem with your logic.

First, I am no longer an employee. Re-read the little blurb on the very bottom of my posts.

Second, while amenity kits may be nice, they are not vital to safety nor are they vital to transportation. This is one of those areas where customers vote with their feet. If the company chooses not to offer an amenity kit and you prefer them, and the price between US and any other carrier is such that you feel cheated by US, then vote with your feet. They probably will get the message.

There have been similar discussion concerning the FC snack basket. Some people are up in arms over that issue. The airline, system wide, is getting back to basics and the basics are safe and reliable transpotation. I understand some folks concerns that LCC may mean low costs, but their fares are still high. I can't help that, nor can I factually add anything to the argument since I no longer work there.

However, what really is causing me to respond is the insinuation that safety will be somehow compromised by DP sooner or later. I contend that he has never done anything to warrant such an insinuation and that while that may be your opinion, it is not borne out by any data of which I am aware.

It is sad that such a vital link between customer and company was launched wihtout a thorough evaluation.

Sad, yes. It's also not the first time there was a decision made in the Sand Castle without thorough evaluation. No surprises here.

Pardon me, but I have a problem with your logic.

First, I am no longer an employee. Re-read the little blurb on the very bottom of my posts.

Second, while amenity kits may be nice, they are not vital to safety nor are they vital to transportation. This is one of those areas where customers vote with their feet. If the company chooses not to offer an amenity kit and you prefer them, and the price between US and any other carrier is such that you feel cheated by US, then vote with your feet. They probably will get the message.

There have been similar discussion concerning the FC snack basket. Some people are up in arms over that issue. The airline, system wide, is getting back to basics and the basics are safe and reliable transpotation. I understand some folks concerns that LCC may mean low costs, but their fares are still high. I can't help that, nor can I factually add anything to the argument since I no longer work there.

However, what really is causing me to respond is the insinuation that safety will be somehow compromised by DP sooner or later. I contend that he has never done anything to warrant such an insinuation and that while that may be your opinion, it is not borne out by any data of which I am aware.

Well my friend, while I admire your loyalty to DP, I am not accusing him of anything. We are all pissed because the website. My comments about the degradation of service are not indicative of his intention to deviate from safety regulations.

I personally don’t think an airline CEO (or anyone, unless they are a terrorist) will take such shortcuts, which will jeopardize passenger safety. This man has a successful record with AA and NWA.

My only point is that cuts here and cuts there will lead to bigger oversights and eventually it will make me wonder where are they going to cut next? An inspection? Schedule maintenance? I hope that if the apply Lean Six Sigma; they know how to use it.

But my friend, between this Monday (12 June) and 23 June I will be flying 33,000 US Air miles. I am not concern about safety because I know I will be in good hands.

DP is responsible for the entire operation. That website was not ready for deployment and DP is liable just like Harry Truman accepted liability for anything within his administration when he said “The buck stops hereâ€￾

I do not blame the IT team or the offshore reservation agents. I blame him for authorizing the deployment of a bad product.

I hope you get my point and understand that he is responsible for anything that happens on that airline.

Parker has to go. He is responsible for the overall operation of these 2 airlines. He is displaying a high level of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Today is the website. Tomorrow will be safety. He needs to realize his failure and move on.

He has people reading this board and reporting back to him. He is well aware of the IT failure. But guess what? He do not care as long as the seating map are full of Xs.

Ya know, I try to refrain from being negative on this board, but when I read complete and utter bullshizzle like this, it makes it difficult.

How dare you presume to have the knowledge to sit in judgement of a CEO of a major corporatioin based on hearsay on a friggin message board? And to attack the safety and integrity of the airline itself in such a public forum illustrates YOUR high level of ignorance and lack of decorum.

Pathetic, simply and utterly pathetic.

Ya know, I try to refrain from being negative on this board, but when I read complete and utter bullshizzle like this, it makes it difficult.

How dare you presume to have the knowledge to sit in judgement of a CEO of a major corporatioin based on hearsay on a friggin message board? And to attack the safety and integrity of the airline itself in such a public forum illustrates YOUR high level of ignorance and lack of decorum.

Pathetic, simply and utterly pathetic.

Obviously, you missed FRANKS point.

Doesn't matter WHO IS the CEO. The buck stops WITH THE CEO! Something as important as the website and customers who need access to book, view their account etc, IS A MAJOR PART OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. You don't launch something that is NOT EFFECTIVE!

The flying public does not have allegiance or loyalties to a CEO; they don't have to.

From a customer stand point, he is spot on.

Obviously, you missed FRANKS point.

Doesn't matter WHO IS the CEO. The buck stops WITH THE CEO! Something as important as the website and customers who need access to book, view their account etc, IS A MAJOR PART OF THE OPERATION. You don't launch something that is NOT EFFECTIVE!

The flying public does not have allegence or loyalties to a CEO; they don't have to.

From a customer stand point, he is spot on.
No your highness, I don't believe I missed Franks point at all. However, I'm not anti company, anti CEO, anti Doug, anti anything and everything that you and your ilk hold in such high disregard. And before you go there, no...I am NOT anti AFA. I've watched your posts and all you seem to be interested in as of late is trying to divide east and west f/a's at every turn. You have no interest in trying to bring the two work groups together because of your bitterness surrounding the outcome of the local AFA politics. You spread poison on these boards, and your following pants at your heels in memory of a bygone era.

I hope you overcome your hate and anger toward the company, AFA and any MAN of influence and authority. If you check the back of your medical card, there's a number for Magellan, give them a call, perhaps then you can get the help that you so obviously need.

Hula,

I knew you would come out of your closet sooner or later...

Voicing opinions are poison now...I guess only your pro management-type have the right, and of sane-mind to give an opinion...interesting.
If you have been watching this forum for years, you would know where my allegiance lay.

You are correct, I have no regard or respect for PHL AFA union reps, or their lack of sincere representation. But, it is intereseting enough where you seem to get your information...those who oppose PHL reps now seem to be panting at a bygone era??? Hmmm, does that mean standing up and voicing any opposition and defending what's left of the contract and protecting the group is not today what it was back then? This makes one anti-company, anti- union, and anti CEO???... I have to shake my head...

I read the e-lines from both sides, just as you do. BOTH MECs are not in agreement with YOUR CEO, and are unified on their collective stand that MANAGEMENT WILL NOT CONTINUE TO RECOVER INCREASES IN FUEL OR PROFIT ON THE BACKS OF THE EMPLOYEES.

I also don't and never would suck up to a senior managment who don't value their employees, EAST or WEST...has nothing to do with unification of the two groups...you are again CONFUSING the issues that are being discussed or ones that I choose to participate in.

I have the advantage of coming from ALL sides ...union, employee, and now customer.

I see you are still distracted by your summer.

Hula,

I knew you would come out of your closet sooner or later...

Baby, you know I don't hide in a closet, it's just not my style. Nor do I hide behind the rhetoric of a has been position in a has been town. Believe it or not, I have the utmost respect for what you have done for AFA over the years WHEN YOU WERE SANE.

Voicing opinions are poison now...I guess only you pro management-type have the right and of sane-mind to give an opinion...interesting.

Your constructive, educated, and provocative opinions are respected by many, and feared by others. I respect the majority of those opinions. I do however disagree with the poison and divisive tactics you employee in regards to afa east vs. west. And that too, is just my opinion. I certainly am not saying you are not entitled to yours, I am just saying that I dont always agree with them.

I see you are still distracted by your summer.

Med check, darlin

Hula,

Since you opened that door...

Please post what devisive East and West AFA stand or tactics you think I employ on these boards?

Insane minds would like to know.

hula,

You have lost any crediblity by saying she is crazy and on meds.

There is no need to attack the poster if you can't actually refute or debate her.

She is one the smartest and sane people you will ever meet and the FA group should be very thankful of her hard work and dedication. She single handily stood up to management, I wish she would have come next door to the M&R Negotiations to show some of the NC members how it is done.

Oh thank you so much 700, the last word in credibility.
I'll take your word as a flight attendant on that one.

Not an FA here.

Just witnessed the woman in action as were both at CCY for negotiations for our groups.

But I guess it is easier for you to insult her then to debate her.

Latest posts

Back