Working At AA......

It's great to hear from AA workers from around the country. I looking forward to joining the AA family. My Face to Face is next Tuesday and I have a good feeling about the whole thing. I would however like to hear from some of the MIA workforce but I quess there aren't any here. Either way any more advice is truly welcomed and thanked. I will post more as I now more on my status.... B)

REPUS....

It's great to hear from AA workers from around the country. I looking forward to joining the AA family. My Face to Face is next Tuesday and I have a good feeling about the whole thing. I would however like to hear from some of the MIA workforce but I quess there aren't any here. Either way any more advice is truly welcomed and thanked. I will post more as I now more on my status.... B)
REPUS....

As with any workforce, MIA has the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. Steer clear of the uglies, and you'll be fine and stay out of jail. Drug and/or theft charges are hard to explain on a resume, and there are more than a few former MIA FSC's who were lured into the easy money and are now either in prison or on parole.

First off, Welcome to AA.

As in any large company there are an hundreds of ways that things can go wrong. Likewise, many things can go right for you too.

Safety, should be paramount in your mind, alwsys. Listen to the veterans there, the older guys. Watch how they work, don't rush for anyone. Always wear your safety equipment.

Don't worry about the passenger, they were takien care of by the cheap tickets they paid for on the internet and they have no loyalty to no particular airline. Today AA tomorrow Jetblue, that's their moto.

Yes; do what you can for yourself first, not AA.

Take care, work safely.

I see that kind of attitued at MIA all day from AA workers, maybe that's attitued( you first and the company later) is what is wrong with AA today. I'm not saying that AA workers are bad but they generally they have that...f!@# IT mindset.. Hell I'v seen planes ready to block and the crews won't part it just cause they have two minutes left on their break. I can't be like that. And I hope that doesn't make me an outsider.

RUPUS,
You better invest in some signal lights before going to work, because I hate to see you with a broken nose all the time

RUPUS,
You better invest in some signal lights before going to work, because I hate to see you with a broken nose all the time

what do you mean by that?

RUPUS,

what do you mean by that?

I see that kind of attitued at MIA all day from AA workers, maybe that's attitued( you first and the company later) is what is wrong with AA today. I'm not saying that AA workers are bad but they generally they have that...f!@# IT mindset.. Hell I'v seen planes ready to block and the crews won't part it just cause they have two minutes left on their break. I can't be like that. And I hope that doesn't make me an outsider.

RUPUS,
:lol: :lol: Boy you guys are something else. REPUS working line is a great job. If any of them AA Boys give you a hard time for wanting to work and move things along just come join NWA you will fit right in. Good luck in this industry, it is very volatile. Just as soon as you think you have it made on easy street the rug will be snatched out from underneath you.

===========================================================

No REPUS, not an outsider, just a GOOD candidate for an AA supervisors job !!

NH/BB's

I do not think that mentality is only at AA. My suspicion is that it is an USA epidemic. US workers seem to think the world owes them something. This is part of the reason that cost are high, productivity is low and jobs are being shipped over seas. Companies rational is they can get, for the most art he same quality work for less money and less head ache.

Do what you feel is right. Perhaps if you do your job the way it was meant to be done, you may influence a few others. Probably not but there is always that hope. You need to do the job the way you want to do it. Do it in a way that you can look your self in the mirror and hold your head high. Most/some have substantially lower standards to live up to. Don't worry about them.

After nearly 20 years with AA, I still go in and give it my all. I no longer worry about the others around me with piss poor attitudes. I can do very little to effect them so why stress out trying. Granted I am not in a union environment so that makes it quite a bit easier to deal with but I am sure you will do fine also. Do your job and be happy.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Greetings to all,

For sometime know American has been hiring at MIA. Two months ago I had the chance to start on the LINE, But I put it off. Just a few days ago I received an email asking me if I was still interested and to call for a face to face interview. I did so today and have to go in on Tuesday of next week. I know a few people that have gone over to work for AA and have had no regrets.
They have all told me that I will problaby get the job due to my background experience. I currently work at MIA with another company(not an Airline). So I know I'm in. I'm here to get some feedback from the members on things that I should be on the look out for and on the dues and don'ts of working for AA. I have to say that I'm really looking forward to working for AA. This will be a bit of a cut on my salary but I'm thinking about the future..... B)

If you like Miami, which you apparently do, you will probably have a great time.

I would just like to warn you in advance though that harassment in the work place, which AA likes to emphasize, doesn't come into play when the ogling is going down. It's a lot of fun and sure makes the day go by faster.

The ramp guys in MIA usually wear short shorts and short sleeve shirts. Many are tan with nice bodies and the FAs spend a lot of time checking them out during sit time.

Then the maintenance and ramp guys love to gather around La Carreta and make believe they are drinking coffee and eating guava pastries as they check out the chicks.

When you come through MIA customs you can always guarantee that there will be a whole bunch of customs guys gathered around to check out the girls as well. You can clearly tell the difference between the official guys looking for trouble and the other ones who are looking for other kinds of trouble.

I'm not based there but I work a lot of flights in and out of there. Naturally it isn't the whole base who is on the lookout so I am sure that if you don't want to be a part of it you won't dress in tight clothing and hang out near the D security gates. B)

I would just like to warn you in advance though that harassment in the work place, which AA likes to emphasize, doesn't come into play when the ogling is going down.

You're right about the ogling there. I dropped a magazine there once, and had to kick it all the way to Hialeah before I was comfortable bending over to pick it up.

Sorry.

You're right about the ogling there. I dropped a magazine there once, and had to kick it all the way to Hialeah before I was comfortable bending over to pick it up.

Sorry.

maybe Hialeah isn't the best place to bend over either and I'm from there. :blink: :blink:

Back