Occupational Seniority

Former ModerAAtor said:
WNP isn't really concerned for agents' well being on this. His vitrol is driven by his "friend" who isn't an agent potentially losing their ability to duck for cover, dodge a potential layoff bullet, and keep all of their seniority while doing it.
You really missed the boat on that one!

I know of several CSM's who downgraded to OC's and agents since 9/11, and at least one of them probably would have been laid off for poor performance.

I'll give you this one. Poor performance is perhaps the one thing that NO seniority should protect. If you suck at your job, or your peformance is less than apathetic, then you should be hauled out with the daily trash without fear of unions stepping in to protect the jobs of slackers.

From Wings last post here:
I'll give you this one. Poor performance is perhaps the one thing that NO seniority should protect. If you suck at your job, or your peformance is less than apathetic, then you should be hauled out with the daily trash without fear of unions stepping in to protect the jobs of slackers.

I really wish that would happen. It maybe close to reality for the non-union employee, unfortunately with the unionized workforce it's impossible to get rid of slackers that are only riding along for the paycheck.

planemech669 said:
From Wings last post here:

I really wish that would happen. It maybe close to reality for the non-union employee, unfortunately with the unionized workforce it's impossible to get rid of slackers that are only riding along for the paycheck.
Rmember it wasn't the union that hired these slackers! It was the company. Don't blame the union for what the company hired.

Also remember that a union cannot prevent a JUSTIFIED termination. Problem is the companies management team, doesn't do its homework or follow procedure. If they did a rightful termination would easily be upheld and possibly not even challenged.