Yellow Gate Valet Tags

Really? A co-worker of mine had a "gate valet" tag on her bag on a PHL-PHX flight and after waiting on the jet bridge until the crew walked off she was told her bag went to baggage claim.
Not just a Philly thing!

Yes a mistake could have happened, maybe the tag came off or someone new was unloading the bags and threw it in the locals cart. But I would 99% of all yellow-tagged bags go right back up to the jetway and dont go to baggage claim.

I know in phx/las all yellow tagged bags go back up to the jetway no matter if it's crew or passengers bags. "It is not a west thing"

PHX and LAS are in the west, aren't they?

And it is from those two stations that the yellow tag problems in the east originate.

hey chill,
"Philly just sucks ass. analyze it any way you want, it's just lawlessness down there. I'd like to invite any of you to come down and unload a bin full of bags that came from Philly. It's awful."

try unloading one from phx.. I thought I would never say this. But I will take a PHL inbd any day over PHX

thats a fact .!!!

I already told you dude, we purposly go out of our way to load bags like crap for you guys.

Ever hear of a SHORT STACK? I can get 130 bags in the back of a 319 without going all the way to the back of a bin, and it makes it SO MUCH easier to unload. Here's the kicker on that too: IT ONLY TAKES ONE GUY ABOUT 5 MINUTES TO UNLOAD TOO! WOW. What a concept. Maybe that would be a good way to turn planes quicker eh?

No, just keep doing what you guys do though and loading thru bags in front of local mail, and putting 50 bags in the very very back of the front bin in a 321.

Imbiciles!

But don't worry, you must be right and the 40 people that commented in this thread wrong. :lol:

As far as the whiney FA complaining about his bags, he should be greatful, because those tags are only meant for strollers and 1st class pax. You should have your bags sent to baggage claim like the rest of the cattle. So don't yell at the gate agents they are doing you a favor. As far as bags missing from PHX. It is the responsibility for the team lead to check the slide before the push, our boys in PHX are vigilant, but human error is always a factor. Unlike Philly where they throw bags in the river ahhaha! That REEKS of professionalism, honestly.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! The new valet tag procedure was implemented on all mainline flights a few months back. It is only to be used for first class passengers. Ramp agents are to bring all valet taged bags up to the jetway with carseats,strollers, etc. It is never a problem in any station but PHL. PHX,CLT,LAS it is always a breeze.

Oh and btw....crew bags are never stored in the FC overhead bins.

Deadheading Crew members can use it as well.

The tag is green.

I have never had a bag that was properly tagged go missing. Opps, did I say that outloud, I am doomed now to send bags into the system never to be seen again.

PHX and LAS are in the west, aren't they?

And it is from those two stations that the yellow tag problems in the east originate.

I cant speak for east side, but the former awa and since the merger the policy has always been to "bring all gate checked bags to the jetway". That is company policy so how is that the west's fault that someone in phl didn't get there bags?

Oh please....I should take pictures everytime I see a crew bag in F that did not belong to a deadhead or commuter...
No, what you should do is turn the pilot flight bags bottom facing out so nobody can see the bumper stickers that say “If it’s tourist season, why can’t we shoot them?â€￾, “No Fat Chicksâ€￾ and Calvin peeing on one thing or another.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! The new valet tag procedure was implemented on all mainline flights a few months back. It is only to be used for first class passengers. Ramp agents are to bring all valet taged bags up to the jetway with carseats,strollers, etc. It is never a problem in any station but PHL. PHX,CLT,LAS it is always a breeze.

Oh and btw....crew bags are never stored in the FC overhead bins.

You should talk to TSA then. Recently they were at a inbound flight and when they
asked where a worker was going with a checked bag, and he said to the jetway....
he was told ''No'' . Now, I'm sure TSA overrides company policy. This is a company
policy not a TSA or goverment policy to bring checked bags up the jetway. I know
people who will not do it and will call TSA on a manager if thier told to do so anyway.

Sorry, but when our choice is listen to management and disobey TSA most of us are
going to ignore management.

''crew bags never stored in the FC overhead bins'', .......really, c'mon.

bob

Green Valet tags are not technically "checked" bags since they have been through TSA screening with the customer bringing them to the gate. They are tagged with the valet tag to show that they ARENT counter checked bags and have been screened for customer access in a sterile area.
Once again, I would put this right back on the LACK OF TRAINING and so many new hires along with so many policy and procedure changes in the past year that no one knows JUST WHAT POLICY IS anymore. Didnt you get the memo we put on the break table 3 days ago? Until someone gets serious about training and getting current AND correct info out, this place will never be in any kind of order. (Good luck trying to find something in DRS and have it correct!)

W'ell we will see who is whining when I am a deadheading crewmember, and you decide to send my crew bag to baggage claim, and I have a connecting flight to catch!! You will have just cost the airline and yourself another delay because I don't have my bags, and you will have to answer for it!! <_<
Regardless if it is green or yellow, PLEASE bring the backs up, thank you. :)

''crew bags never stored in the FC overhead bins'', .......really, c'mon.
bob
Well due to the fact that most a/c don't have closets (thanks Tempe) we must stow our tote in first class. You have the A and C flight attendant up front. Our manuals are in out totes and are required to be in close proximity to our jumpseats. Other than that crew bags are to be dispersed evenly throughout coach.