JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
You're too dumb to be in a leadership position over an entire collective our size.
Sorry.
Lol. Well, we wont have to worry about that as my candidacy and craft union days are past me.
The agw was not exclusive to one property.

As ive said, it may be wise to consider bringing the servicing of our union in house, but not now.

I dont have to have any position within it nor will i but id support a good group of members who would want to get it going if the situation was not counterproductive to the interest of the members. At present time, imo, its counterproductive.

Tim Nelson said:
Lol. Well, we wont have to worry about that as my candidacy and craft union days are past me.
As ive said, it may be wise to consider bringing the servicing of our union in house, but not now.
I dont have to have any position within it nor will i but id support a good group of members who would want to get it going if the situation was not counterproductive to the interest of the members. At present time, imo, its counterproductive.
I'll be out in about 10 or 11 more years then you'll be free to do whatever you want after that.

In the meantime though.

How ya doin?

Tim Nelson said:
Again, I confused by this "bringing the services of our union in-house", but in any case it would be wise to let sleeping dogs lie!

bob@las-AA said:
Again, I confused by this "bringing the services of our union in-house", but in any case it would be wise to let sleeping dogs lie!
Our union proper is not the iam twu or association. We are the union. We chose to hire the iam and twu to represent our union. Sorta like a lawfirm that you can fire or hire. The pilots and stews havent hired any outside labor agents to represent them, they decided to represent themselves and then hire professionals as needed without giving an outside constitution power of attorney over them. In actuality, 85% of all unions dont hire 3rd party agents (twu, iam etc).

Tim Nelson said:
Well, you certainly wont be able to stop it if the majority decided.
Im doin fine.
TWU has been at AA for 70 years. And even through the worst of times 2001 to today they're still here.

Good luck climbing that mountain you got in front of you.

Tim Nelson said:
Our union proper is not the iam twu or association. We are the union. We chose to hire the iam and twu to represent our union. Sorta like a lawfirm that you can fire or hire. The pilots and stews havent hired any outside labor agents to represent them, they decided to represent themselves and then hire professionals as needed without giving an outside constitution power of attorney over them. In actuality, 85% of all unions dont hire 3rd party agents (twu, iam etc).
The Pilots and FA's used to be TWU.

Tim Nelson said:
Your way would be like putting the fox in-charge of the hen house. Skip that idea, never going to happen, as long as I'm a paying dues member of the TWU.

JFK Fleet Service said:
The fact that neither of those groups are no longer represented by the TWU speaks volumes.
Not necessarily. We'd need to know about what was going on at the time both groups decided to form their own Unions? And right now neither groups members seem too pleased with the fact they got roped in to that "Binding Interest Arbitration" that they both had.

Not claiming it was a good or bad idea BTW.

So the moral of this story will read, Stop bring up this crap, and deal with it Tim. I once again will say, I'm not thrill by either Union, but better to have the devil you know, than the one you don't know

WeAAsles said:
Not necessarily. We'd need to know about what was going on at the time both groups decided to form their own Unions? And right now neither groups members seem too pleased with the fact they got roped in to that "Binding Interest Arbitration" that they both had.
Not claiming it was a good or bad idea BTW.
What are we getting? Honesttly, everyone has done better than us, in fact we havent done squat and have 20 articles done from preamble to clean water fountains. Yaaawwwnnnn. Keep telling us how everyone got hosed and how you promised $30.77 and prez guaranteed we will do better than the non union peeps who got a contract.

For starters, you might want to hand prez a calculator since he cant count cuz 6 holidays is less than 10 holidays. See?

So before you bust everyone elses balls for signing awful contracts, compare your present predicament. Sheesh.

bob@las-AA said:
So the moral of this story will read, Stop bring up this crap, and deal with it Tim. I once again will say, I'm not thrill by either Union, but better to have the devil you know, than the one you don't know
Like i said, i get that. At some point, i may differ from that and lean some monster pressure on this association. The iam is pretty much at internal standstill due to great division on the intl executive council that will all but shelve progress until after october.

There will be change from within as another will challenge martinez as prez.

Tim Nelson said:
What are we getting? Honesttly, everyone has done better than us, in fact we havent done squat and have 20 articles done from preamble to clean water fountains. Yaaawwwnnnn. Keep telling us how everyone got hosed and how you promised $30.77 and prez guaranteed we will do better than the non union peeps who got a contract.
For starters, you might want to hand prez a calculator since he cant count cuz 6 holidays is less than 10 holidays. See?
So before you bust everyone elses balls for signing awful contracts, compare your present predicament. Sheesh.

Uh oh. Tonto is going off the reservation again. Tim please refill that prescription will you. Wellbutrin, Zoloft, whatever. Just get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back