JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYer said:

The idea being that if they went with "averaging" it would cause less overpayments than a straight 40/20 split. (also considering not all PT shifts fit into the 20 hour bag)
Heck, just give everyone $3,500 and move on. 

AANOTOK said:
Heck, just give everyone $3,500 and move on.
I'd rather get that $6500.00 (after taxes) that was "supposedly" put into an account under my name that I'm not sure I'll ever see?

Not to be ungrateful here but.

NYer said:
So it seems the process is still in flux. Seems the methodology is a point that needs to be finalized. If they wanted to fulfill their timeline for the first payment then a 40/20 payment would make sense. However, there was concern about the fairness so alternate ideas have been discussed. We'll find out definitively fairly soon.

The process is not in flux. It just hasn't been all written up to be put out yet due to the desire to get out the immediate information before people started leaking it. That could have caused SEC concerns.

I'm sure you understand.

Worldport said:
Real hamburger helper Weez? Was that a Corona he had or was it a Miller
I couldn't bear to watch the entire display. Was he drinking again later on in the video.

And what do people got against Hamburger Helper? It's easy and cheap and makes a tasty meal. You think now that I got this raise I'm going to start blowing all my money on Fillet Mignon?

WeAAsles said:
I couldn't bear to watch the entire display. Was he drinking again later on in the video.

And what do people got against Hamburger Helper? It's easy and cheap and makes a tasty meal. You think now that I got this raise I'm going to start blowing all my money on Fillet Mignon?
Weez with Tim pretty much nailing the contract talks you have to wonder if he is also spot on about the negotiations and the claims he made against the negotiators and the indivual unions. Maybe (and I doubt it) his claims against you are accurate also. Do we take him for his word in the future? He obviously has someone on the inside

Worldport said:
Weez with Tim pretty much nailing the contract talks you have to wonder if he is also spot on about the negotiations and the claims he made against the negotiators and the indivual unions. Maybe (and I doubt it) his claims against you are accurate also. Do we take him for his word in the future? He obviously has someone on the inside
His perspectives always leaned towards the company point of view with everything he's said. Of course he has someone on the inside. Just not on our side of that inside.

Who a man chooses to sleep with I guess is his business unless you can actually catch him sleeping with the enemy. Then he gets the firing squad.

WeAAsles said:
His perspectives always leaned towards the company point of view with everything he's said. Of course he has someone on the inside. Just not on our side of that inside.

Who a man chooses to sleep with I guess is his business unless you can actually catch him sleeping with the enemy. Then he gets the firing squad.
I haven't  chosen sides but I too lean towards the company. It seems we work for a pretty decent one. I guess you'll have TWU vanity plates on that new stang

Worldport said:
I haven't  chosen sides but I too lean towards the company. It seems we work for a pretty decent one. I guess you'll have TWU vanity plates on that new stang
Well I guess at this moment (Industry consolidation driving tremendous profits) it's easy to understand why you might fan the flames for them?

But from what I've read and heard from many of you it seems most of your career they've treated you like a mangy dog left out in the backyard to get rained on.

But I guess I can understand why it's easier to blame the Union for all those ills. They're the only target that will actually listen to you. Most guys usually ***** at the wife and not the boss.

WeAAsles said:
The process is not in flux. It just hasn't been all written up to be put out yet due to the desire to get out the immediate information before people started leaking it. That could have caused SEC concerns.
I'm sure you understand.
If they have SEC concerns or it hasn't been all written up, it means it's in flux.

I don't lean towards management and I don't think there was any of my thousands of post on FB or here where anyone could even suggest that. What I do know is that there are clear and present problems between the TWU and IAM. And I think that would be common as well. Without spilling the beans entirely, the biggest hangup is the IAMPF. The TWU has mounting pressure to stay away from it from their members. Little signed the agreement, but Lombardo doesn't interpret it the same way, i.e., "Ok, IAMPF for all my TWU members, case closed."

When the company negotiates, by the time it hits the negotiation table, the company pretty much knows where everyone is in the ball park. Doesn't mean the IAM/TWU will agree, or the company will agree, but ALL items are discussed gentlemanly in side bar negotiations between less than a handful of peeps, mostly only 3 peeps, to get an idea of where everyone is coming from prior to putting things on the table. The actual negotiation committee is actually not involved in the sidebars and is pretty much clueless.

a few weeks back, the company determined that negotiations would drag on PRIMARILY due to the contention between the TWU and IAM over the IAMPF. Essentially, the IAM wants all TWU members to participate in the plan, without choice, and claims that the Association agreement insist upon it. The TWU doesn't believe that. The company canceled the negotiations a few weeks ago and basically told the two unions [amazingly] that they wanted the two unions more unified so they knew who the hell they would be dealing with. The company didn't want to negotiate against Jeckyl saying yes but Hyde saying no 10 minutes later. The standstill currently still exist over the IAMPF.

So Parker decided to go ahead and give us the money ahead of time, realizing the current problems he faced with the two unions. I don't get specifics and maybe the company and two unions will work things out, but the core of the problem is what I have been saying over the past 4 weeks. Moving forward, I only get information as Ned calls me. Ned isn't the sorta person I can just pick up the phone and call. Hopefully, Ned will call me soon with an update. You DEFINATELY know Ned. And I'm sure he only calls me to get the info out. I believe his info is beneficial to the members and has been. Members wanna know.

NYer said:
If they have SEC concerns or it hasn't been all written up, it means it's in flux.
In flux? Ok. You don't think they put everything in writing with the lawyers present? You don't think Parker had to call an emergency meeting of the BOD to approve the agreements?

You do understand enough about manipulation of the market if this information was left to linger and started leaking right? Why do you think they released the information before the opening bell?

Stop with the flux thing. The information just hasn't been written out completely to accommodate mass consumption with the anticipated questions that come with it.

Tim Nelson said:
I don't lean towards management and I don't think there was any of my thousands of post on FB or here where anyone could even suggest that. What I do know is that there are clear and present problems between the TWU and IAM. And I think that would be common as well. Without spilling the beans entirely, the biggest hangup is the IAMPF. The TWU has mounting pressure to stay away from it from their members. Little signed the agreement, but Lombardo doesn't interpret it the same way, i.e., "Ok, IAMPF for all my TWU members, case closed."When the company negotiates, by the time it hits the negotiation table, the company pretty much knows where everyone is in the ball park. Doesn't mean the IAM/TWU will agree, or the company will agree, but ALL items are discussed gentlemanly in side bar negotiations between less than a handful of peeps, mostly only 3 peeps, to get an idea of where everyone is coming from prior to putting things on the table. The actual negotiation committee is actually not involved in the sidebars and is pretty much clueless.a few weeks back, the company determined that negotiations would drag on PRIMARILY due to the contention between the TWU and IAM over the IAMPF. Essentially, the IAM wants all TWU members to participate in the plan, without choice, and claims that the Association agreement insist upon it. The TWU doesn't believe that. The company canceled the negotiations a few weeks ago and basically told the two unions [amazingly] that they wanted the two unions more unified so they knew who the hell they would be dealing with. The company didn't want to negotiate against Jeckyl saying yes but Hyde saying no 10 minutes later. The standstill currently still exist over the IAMPF.So Parker decided to go ahead and give us the money ahead of time, realizing the current problems he faced with the two unions. I don't get specifics and maybe the company and two unions will work things out, but the core of the problem is what I have been saying over the past 4 weeks. Moving forward, I only get information as Ned calls me. Ned isn't the sorta person I can just pick up the phone and call. Hopefully, Ned will call me soon with an update. You DEFINATELY know Ned. And I'm sure he only calls me to get the info out. I believe his info is beneficial to the members and has been. Members wanna know.
I'm sorry. Too much to actually bother reading anymore.

Reality:

This was the link you posted that you quickly took down saying it was a bad link which it wasn't. It's an Intra office link that when you look clearly says "Ford" on it. So either your connection is with Ford and Harrison (OR) whoever shared info like this with you in advance of the official announcement needs to be VERY careful because they could have the Government come breathing down their necks if insider trading is suspected.

Again your link to the wage chart that you posted came from Ford and Harrison (Jerry Glass) Why should I not suspect you are being compensated by them? The things you do and say are just a little too coincidental in my opinion.

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13934583_998868560231078_8145163730514960284_n.jpg?oh=ff4a096dad27085c2921a53514c95d23&oe=58590025

WeAAsles said:
In flux? Ok. You don't think they put everything in writing with the lawyers present? You don't think Parker had to call an emergency meeting of the BOD to approve the agreements?
You do understand enough about manipulation of the market if this information was left to linger and started leaking right? Why do you think they released the information before the opening bell?
Stop with the flux thing. The information just hasn't been written out completely to accommodate mass consumption with the anticipated questions that come with it.
I've been there, you haven't.

The details are still being dealt with and the finality of the framework is still in flux.

You obviously have a personal stake in this, but trying to prove a point every time you disagree with something by being condescending or just plain insulting really didn't help the situation. Three days ago you didn't believe this was happening but suddenly you're the spokesman?

Can you answer the following?

How will the 401K be dealt with? Well the deposit for the difference in pay be made now or in November? Will the post-merger employees get the option of the 491K match our will they automatically be switched to the IAMNPP? What happens to the furloughed Members, do they get recalled because of the ctoss-utilization or will stations be able to hire off the street?

If everything is finalized... What are the answers?

NYer said:
I've been there, you haven't.
The details are still being dealt with and the finality of the framework is still in flux.
You obviously have a personal stake in this, but trying to prove a point every time you disagree with something by being condescending or just plain insulting really didn't help the situation. Three days ago you didn't believe this was happening but suddenly you're the spokesman?
Can you answer the following?
How will the 401K be dealt with? Well the deposit for the difference in pay be made now or in November? Will the post-merger employees get the option of the 491K match our will they automatically be switched to the IAMNPP? What happens to the furloughed Members, do they get recalled because of the ctoss-utilization or will stations be able to hire off the street?
If everything is finalized... What are the answers?
You have not been there when it comes to this issue. You are not on the Negotiating committee. But I do like how the other day you were arguing on here with two guys who are. You got lots of Chutzba there Brother.

I'm not being a spokesman or pretending to know anything that we don't already know. The simple thing we know for a fact right now is that we got raises.

No I cannot answer your questions. But I hope you did relay them up the chain so that they can be answered when the details are put out by computer?

And yep. I said it just the day before. ZERO chance. Boy did I get knocked over by that feather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back