JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Nelson said:
Any truth to the twu putting out a memo saying the new wage starts the 15th? That wouldnt make any sense since their new pay period started today, right?
I believe our pay period begins next Sat 13th...I have the super duper TWU app and haven't received any memo.

Worldport said:
I'd say the mangy dog was equally abused my the union and company over the years. Now I truly believe we got a raise in spite of the union

You were? How? Be specific. What do you think they did to you exactly? Do they run the operation to figure out the best way for the airline to make money to be able to compensate you? Do they control the bank accounts?

Did they decide to take your company through bankruptcy multiple times and take things away from you? Or were they the only ones trying to prevent things being taken from you?

Yes I guess you can say that cutting your pension benefits would be something to fault them for. But did you have a DBP before they came into your picture in life? Where is your DBP today? Who put it where it is today?

Are you going to use the old line "The Union protects the lazy people" Who decides who the lazy people are? Could anyone accuse you of being one of those lazy people? Without a union if the company thought you were one of those lazy people what do you think would happen to you?

WeAAsles said:
You were? How? Be specific. What do you think they did to you exactly? Do they run the operation to figure out the best way for the airline to make money to be able to compensate you? Do they control the bank accounts?

Did they decide to take your company through bankruptcy multiple times and take things away from you? Or were they the only ones trying to prevent things being taken from you?

Yes I guess you can say that cutting your pension benefits would be something to fault them for. But did you have a DBP before they came into your picture in life? Where is your DBP today? Who put it where it is today?

Are you going to use the old line "The Union protects the lazy people" Who decides who the lazy people are? Could anyone accuse you of being one of those lazy people? Without a union if the company thought you were one of those lazy people what do you think would happen to you?
My frozen pension plan is in a safer place then the IAMPF.Weez you will 
know abuse when you are forced  into the IAMPF and your benefits are cut and your forced to sell you couch and eat cat food.Protecting lazy people is one thing you have been given that label and I don't work like I did when I was 18 but protecting felons yes I have a problem with that. The union abuses me biweekly when they take out dues for private jets, training centers and exorbitant salaries. You have been abused and don't even realize it. the concession you made outside of bankruptcy were criminal and then there was the B scale that the TWU agreed to that began the industry's wages spiraling down and on and on

Worldport said:
My frozen pension plan is in a safer place then the IAMPF.Weez you will 
know abuse when you are forced  into the IAMPF and your benefits are cut and your forced to sell you couch and eat cat food.Protecting lazy people is one thing you have been given that label and I don't work like I did when I was 18 but protecting felons yes I have a problem with that. The union abuses me biweekly when they take out dues for private jets, training centers and exorbitant salaries. You have been abused and don't even realize it. the concession you made outside of bankruptcy were criminal and then there was the B scale that the TWU agreed to that began the industry's wages spiraling down and on and on
You don't look at the ENTIRE picture Worldport. And you can believe of course what you want but without all these Unions in our industry there is no way in hell you and I would be making $30.00 per hour now.

No way, no how, no chance.

We'd be making $14 to $17 max. Without good benefits too let me add.

WeAAsles said:
You don't look at the ENTIRE picture Worldport. And you can believe of course what you want but without all these Unions in our industry there is no way in hell you and I would be making $30.00 per hour now.

No way, no how, no chance.

We'd be making $14 to $17 max. Without good benefits too let me add.
There is a room next to me filled with union members IAM I believe that are topping out at $11 with no benefits they might even be paying the same dues as me. About  15 feet away there is a break room filled with non union employees making $29 with full benefits paying no dues funny how that goes

Worldport said:
There is a room next to me filled with union members IAM I believe that are topping out at $11 with no benefits they might even be paying the same dues as me. About  15 feet away there is a break room filled with non union employees making $29 with full benefits paying no dues funny how that goes
Yes. Because Delta has a constant Union target on their backs period. And the other one is a Low Cost Carrier.

Simple: If American, United, USair, Pan Am, Eastern, Northwest and others had not been so heavily Unionized for so so so many years WE would not be making what we now are making.

No where close.

And let's not forget a shoutout for both its good and bad items to the Railway Labor Act.

Tim Nelson said:
Any truth to the twu putting out a memo saying the new wage starts the 15th? That wouldnt make any sense since their new pay period started today, right?
Tim were the negotiators aware of what was going on between the company and union leaders? If they were left in the dark do you believe they have lame duck status

Worldport said:
Tim were the negotiators aware of what was going on between the company and union leaders? If they were left in the dark do you believe they have lame duck status
It depends on what sito wants them to know. But as far as the iam, this isnt anything new. I remember when united negotiated at our district headquarters and maybe 1 day a week the negotiation team joined in. Most of the time they just sat in the kitchen figuring out their fantasy lineups. Even when they signed ta1, they had no idea what they were signing. All this stuff is staged other than a bit of wiggle they allow for our nc to work on.

Tim Nelson said:
It depends on what sito wants them to know. But as far as the iam, this isnt anything new. I remember when united negotiated at our district headquarters and maybe 1 day a week the negotiation team joined in. Most of the time they just sat in the kitchen figuring out their fantasy lineups. Even when they signed ta1, they had no idea what they were signing. All this stuff is staged other than a bit of wiggle they allow for our nc to work on.
This makes the situation with the IAMPF and TWU more sticky. If it were up to the negotiators they would go for a choice. Now if what you are saying is true and I believe it is The IAM leaders are probably trying to pushing the plan on everyone. The information you've shared the last few days adds up quite well

Tim Nelson said:
So the negotiators are left to negotiate the small stuff bulletin boards and such. When it comes to money and scope higher level union officials step in 

Worldport said:
So the negotiators are left to negotiate the small stuff bulletin boards and such. When it comes to money and scope higher level union officials step in
Never knew that Tim had actually been a negotiator? NOT!!!!!

WeAAsles said:
Never knew that Tim had actually been a negotiator? NOT!!!!!
No but he called this wage increase and obviously has some inside information. He stays at a Holiday Inn Express when in Houston

I see Envoy and the TWU wrapped things up, how long were they in negotiations?
When are details released on our increase?

Worldport said:
No but he called this wage increase and obviously has some inside information. He stays at a Holiday Inn Express when in Houston
Yes. I bet when Jerrys in town he eats 4 star and the Brandy is also comped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back