JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I've got a brilliant solution. Let's leave in all those IAM items on the PT people but we can let them sign up for OT in the mix with FT?

Better still. If a PT is extended or signs up for holdover (even on a 5 hour shift) maybe the negotiators should argue to the company that they should be paid time and a half?

Can I get some feedback on my brilliant idea?

Thank you for posting your opinion on the subject.

I want to ask you what would stop people from putting their name on the upgrade list then turning it down just to get lower insurance cost?

I can think of many ways to prevent this from happening, but I will give one. If you are offered a Full time position and refuse, you pay the difference from the day you put your name on the list till the day you refused. And, you are ineligible to put your name on the list for two years. May sound harsh, but if it wasn't, you would have too many people doing just what you stated, and in my opinion, that would be scamming the system. Just like my benefits today, I need to make damn sure that's what I want when I click submit, once the deadline passes there are no do overs.

I do not know of any other airline here that would have PT paying double for health insurance rates. We just lost 4 PT agents who are going to different cities just to get FT because the idiots in Dallas tell our station mgr that we are "overstaffed" I still cannot figure out how the H we are overstaffed But the PT I work with are either young and on their parents benefits or are transferring to other cities to get FT there are few who have the insurance and work a ton of hours just to have extra bec of the insurance rates.
Overstaffed it is, LUS has just two gates and works about 15 of the 65 US planes in and out of DFW.

I can think of many ways to prevent this from happening, but I will give one. If you are offered a Full time position and refuse, you pay the difference from the day you put your name on the list till the day you refused. And, you are ineligible to put your name on the list for two years. May sound harsh, but if it wasn't, you would have too many people doing just what you stated, and in my opinion, that would be scamming the system. Just like my benefits today, I need to make damn sure that's what I want when I click submit, once the deadline passes there are no do overs.
Placing your self on the transfer list is well within someones rights if they choose to do so, likewise, refusing is well within that same right.

I never said that. Pay attention. I just stated WHY you pay less for medical and WHY the company would always want to reach the PT cap percentage if they have an economic reason to do so.

I'd like to see some economic relief come to my TWU members (Hi IAM guys) like you are currently enjoying (Hi again IAM guys)

BUT without penalizing someone who was laid off, downgraded or maybe even putting in an effort to gain FT.
Don't worry weez 2017 is the last year the LUS will be enjoying that low health care cost.

I got an idea, how about instead of us thinking of a wish list of a contract, we can discuss the hardcore items with the potential to eviscerate the number of full-timers if this, "bargaining table language" is allowed to continue.

Passage from the 11-18-2016 update.

Recognition of Rights and ComplianceThe company wants to reserve the right to direct or assign our work under certain circumstances, without the direction of a Crew Chief/Lead.

Part-TimeThe company wants to base the part-time ratio on the total number of fleet service employees versus the total number of full-time employees.

Passage from the 10-28-2016 Update

Reduction in Force We received the company’s proposal on this article and held discussions; there was no agreement on the company’s proposal as it does not afford our membership the right opportunities to further their employment options.

Recall We received the company’s proposal on this article and there is no agreement at this time.

This is what we should all be talking about.
Our contract, in the end, will be a carbon copy of the agents, period.

Don't worry weez 2017 is the last year the LUS will be enjoying that low health care cost.

I don't want any of us to pay a higher cost for medical if WE don't have to. Just don't want to be "possibly" held hostage because of it either.

I got an idea, how about instead of us thinking of a wish list of a contract, we can discuss the hardcore items with the potential to eviscerate the number of full-timers if this, "bargaining table language" is allowed to continue.

Passage from the 11-18-2016 update.

Recognition of Rights and ComplianceThe company wants to reserve the right to direct or assign our work under certain circumstances, without the direction of a Crew Chief/Lead.

Part-TimeThe company wants to base the part-time ratio on the total number of fleet service employees versus the total number of full-time employees.

Passage from the 10-28-2016 Update

Reduction in Force We received the company’s proposal on this article and held discussions; there was no agreement on the company’s proposal as it does not afford our membership the right opportunities to further their employment options.

Recall We received the company’s proposal on this article and there is no agreement at this time.

This is what we should all be talking about.
Our contract, in the end, will be a carbon copy of the agents, period.

Page 115 Bob. 40% of the total amount of FSC. And that's also why I can't stand how the IAM contract penalizes people for being PT. It's like these people subsidize everyone. The Company, The Union and the FT member. This language better not be weaker than our language even if our language isn't good enough either.

http://www.iam141.org/us/docs/IAM-FS2014-10-7-14-4-3.pdf

BTW don't get me wrong. I know a lot of that horrible language that exists in both contracts came from concessions and Bankruptcies but especially in the areas of PT disparities they need to be dramatically improved.

Or the company needs to at least give us back the Full Time and Part Time protection we enjoyed up until the Bankruptcy ripped it away from us. (Along with the $12,500 special moving allowance)

WeAA, I was referencing ur comment where u said u heard some IAM reps disparage the pt/ft in ur post.

Bob, I'm not in DFW. But in my station we have over 20 flights a day losing 4 agents one ft n 3 pt agents as they're transferring out. They're not being replaced. We are getting more work w flights than before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts