JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these people are VOLUNTEERING (key word here) to work OT then why are you worried about it?

This OT is sought after not mandated.
They love it, company keeps the group small, they are not mandatory, that's why I don't ever see anyone getting stupid over here, and that is why I say the first deal will pass and AMFA knows it , whenever it comes out, it's business !

Let's get something very VERY clear. American Airlines has a sub par and outdated vacation policy. CS's allow people to take off for appointments, social events, and emergencies without impacting their attendance record. I think you have forgotten just how very special the CS policy really is. It allows you some control in an occupation that decimates your personal life. Let's also not forgot that people who commute use it to have some sort of home life with their family.

I can tell you the TWA guys at TULE would snatch up every CS they could only to give up hours later to try to go home for a week or so to be with family.

The best part is the CS policy is completely voluntary. You don't have to use it if you don't want to but it is there if you desire or need it. Please don't dismiss this VERY important benefit. I don't have to tell ANYONE on this forum how much working for an airline impacts ones social life. Especially those of low seniority.
I guess you missed where I said and I quote " I CAN UNDERSTAND SOME FOLKS ISSUES WITH THE CS POLICY". Translation:Meaning they do not want a more constrictive Policy, they want it improved or at least left alone.
Seriously LA, I have been here 35 years now, I use the CS policy and it's a nice tool for whatever you choose to use it for. No need to lecture me on it, I haven't forgotten how special the CS policy is, at all. I can promise you that.

Wait a minute Robbed. Although yes he was right about the funding level the only place that I've heard of more cuts to the IAM"N"PF looming on the horizon have been through Nelson or one of his alias's. I'll believe the bombs are really about to fall when I hear the whistling coming out of the sky, then "Heads up"

And they can put $5.00 or even $10.00 per hour into that fund if you want? But it's going to come from somewhere and we can all easily guess where.

(See my response to Al)
WeAA. Im looking at it from this angle n may be im wrong. But in stations such as mine the station mgr unjustifiably took our cleaning of thru a/c away despite the contract stating otherwise. To dat nothing been done w regards to the grievance that long ago been filed. If that done system wide how much wld the airline save? If they switch airbus to boeing in cities like bwi then catering is all but done as theyre not trained to do AA metal catering. Money would be saved there brother. But i wld prefer. Both pension n 401K

Oh no. Do we have another Tim Nelson Red Herring floating around out there? He actually was able to illicit a direct response from a TWU President.

View attachment 11987
He wasnt refuting me but others who were spreading false information due to improper reading. Kindly review on FB what i put out. I specifically said that a ta may come as early as october but i personally think december is more likely. The company wanted ta by spring but then the iam got C blocked with a new election so they couldnt hose our lus health care as they were planning. Sito instead decided to wait till re enrollment to soften the political blow. So thats how it is.

He wasnt refuting me but others who were spreading false information due to improper reading. Kindly review on FB what i put out. I specifically said that a ta may come as early as october but i personally think december is more likely. The company wanted ta by spring but then the iam got C blocked with a new election so they couldnt hose our lus health care as they were planning. Sito instead decided to wait till re enrollment to soften the political blow. So thats how it is.

Well I have to admit it has been an hour since William Fa himself chose to put out that letter on Facebook. I did ask him to refute your claims and at least as of yet he has not? Neither has anyone else come out to refute you publicly who would have the believable credibility?

But we're still going forward with the MIA protest this Thursday though.

Well I have to admit it has been an hour since William Fa himself chose to put out that letter on Facebook. I did ask him to refute your claims and at least as of yet he has not? Neither has anyone else come out to refute you publicly who would have the believable credibility?

But we're still going forward with the MIA protest this Thursday though.
Will you reach out to NYer at the event? Unity,you know

"They are using the future dates for the end of August and probably September to focus on the mechanics group and bring them up to the same position as fleet. Depending on the progress that the mechanics make, will depend on when we get called back. As of right now, if you want my opinion, I think this will be in early October. Again as I often remind people, this is not an official IAM briefing, just my personal briefing to keep you up to date. But it is my opinion that we will be called back in early October for the financial package to try and wrap this thing up." - attributed to Mark Baskett

CB, PRez... comment?

"They are using the future dates for the end of August and probably September to focus on the mechanics group and bring them up to the same position as fleet. Depending on the progress that the mechanics make, will depend on when we get called back. As of right now, if you want my opinion, I think this will be in early October. Again as I often remind people, this is not an official IAM briefing, just my personal briefing to keep you up to date. But it is my opinion that we will be called back in early October for the financial package to try and wrap this thing up." - attributed to Mark Baskett

CB, PRez... comment?
Financial package is what? Pay, retirement, vacations insurance there can be some hurdles there.

Financial package is what? Pay, retirement, vacations insurance there can be some hurdles there.

The way I see it, if MTC. and Related agree to the "Financial Package" LUS can expect to eventually go into the LAA Medical Plan. When that happens depends on the date of the agreement. If it is past re-enrollment for the 2018 LUS Plan, which happens in October, than any such changes would not be effective until the re-enrollment during October 2018 for coverage beginning 2019. One year reprieve for LUS but a concession just the same. All other remaining Articles that you mentioned will see improvements. Including Scope. Which you forgot to mention. Again; IMO

Aside from the medical piece, don't believe the financials will be too much of an issue to reach TA's.

The hurdles would be the Medical and Scope pieces on the LUS side.

Aside from the medical piece, don't believe the financials will be too much of an issue to reach TA's.

The hurdles would be the Medical and Scope pieces on the LUS side.
Actually I think scope will be easy just keep things as they are and 95% will be happy actually no need for the company to open new cities. I recall passenger service having difficulty getting more vacation what they did was give the the use of holidays as an option. While I would like (love) the option it really isn't a gain of vacation I would gain 3 holidays however

Actually I think scope will be easy just keep things as they are and 95% will be happy actually no need for the company to open new cities. I recall passenger service having difficulty getting more vacation what they did was give the the use of holidays as an option. While I would like (love) the option it really isn't a gain of vacation I would gain 3 holidays however

Keeping things as they are will not be easy. Speculation as to where we are with any pending Scope agreement is a little fuzzy. I would hope, with all members falling under one plan by 2019, the company would be willing to offer improvements to all outstanding Articles on the table. This is where both LAA (TWU) and LUS (IAM) should be on the same page. Industry Leading? By who's definition?

Don't believe the Company will want to maintain a 1 flight Scope v. the LAA 15 flight threshold.

There are many, many LAA Members wanting, hoping and expecting to get back to their home station after they closed in the BK.

The LAA side is expecting stations to open and if they don't then we have about 3 stations that could close as they're under the 15 flight threshold. (currently protected until Sept 2018 with grandfather language)

That's not even mentioning what the LUS side is hoping to regain or at least protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back