Scab List For Pto

Another thing... as for these "scab list" let me make this clear ANYONE publishes my name and social will be on the receiving end of one very nasty lawsuit, that they can not win.

Really?!? Who you gonna sue? It's not like anyone signs the thing. Your NAME and SOCIAL will appear. LOL

Really?!? Who you gonna sue? It's not like anyone signs the thing. Your NAME and SOCIAL will appear. LOL

Well, anything posted on the internet can be traced. Guess the concept of ISP's is too much for you. Geez my kid can trace anything routed through tons of servers and so can lawyers and police. Posting someones social is tantamount to identity theft or the conspiracy to commit same, which, in the event you are lacking further basic knowledge, will cause the consipirator to loose everything they own or ever will own :up:

Well, anything posted on the internet can be traced. Guess the concept of ISP's is too much for you. Geez my kid can trace anything routed through tons of servers and so can lawyers and police. Posting someones social is tantamount to identity theft or the conspiracy to commit same, which, in the event you are lacking further basic knowledge, will cause the consipirator to loose everything they own or ever will own :up:

Posting a SSN is identity theft? How do you figure that?

For years the FAA revealed SSNs as public information.

It depends on how the number was obtained and what it was used for. Simply pasting a list that may in fact be FAA liscence numbers, could hardly be called identity theft. In this case the intent is to identify someone, which is legal.

Not if it is just a list you post but didn't compile. Otherwise, wouldn't the people on the list above be able to sue this internet board???

In this case the intent is to identify someone, which is legal.
It may not be identity theft, but identifying someone for the sole purposes of harassment or public shaming is questionable.

I don't know of a case where someone has sued for defamation of character due to the presence of their name being on a scab list, but there are cases where people photographed walking out of abortion clinics and adult bookstores have been able to sucessfully sue those who posted their photographs on websites or billboards.

Yes, I'm sure the unionists will say a scab has no character, but in a legal sense of the term, if someone can prove damages in civil court, it won't really matter what the unionists or Jack London has to say on the matter....

I think it would be difficult to prosecute someone for compiling the scab list. They could just rename it to "People who worked during the strike" list. Considering that airline employees work in front of the public, and are seen everyday by the general public, this would not be any type of slanderous material, purely factual list of people who worked during the strike.

Yes, I'm sure the unionists will say a scab has no character, but in a legal sense of the term, if someone can prove damages in civil court, it won't really matter what the unionists or Jack London has to say on the matter....
Well ... in the legal sense of the term "defamation," truth is an absolute defense.

Meaning if I accuse you of being a scab, and you really ARE a scab, you will not succeed on a defamation claim against me.

A lot of those people are over 60 now so they are no longer flying however keeping them on the list and out of the jumpseat forever is a good idea.
What good does that do, they can't ride the jump seat anyway. So they won't be asking for one.

In the event you are not deliberately confusing them, I will leave it to someone else to explain how flight crew pay and scheduling work, and how many hours on duty the average domestic pilot or F/A actually put in. (Hint: Way more than 90.)
Actually Bear, both you and PTO could be correct. You are probably refering to TAFB. (Time away from base), which would be more than 90 hrs per month. However PTO, is probably saying 90 hrs of flight time, which could easily be 150 grand a year.

Actually Bear, both you and PTO could be correct. You are probably refering to TAFB. (Time away from base), which would be more than 90 hrs per month.
No, I am not referring to TAFB. I specifically mentioned hours on duty (i.e., "at work").

Which for a pilot would be TAFB, since they perform their "work" flying from A to B. Of course their "duty" time does include probably an hour of pre and post flight duty time. However, if a pilot flys 90 hrs a month, they could easily make the 150 k refered to in the previous posts. Also, if they flew turns their "duty" time for the month could be somewhere around 100 to 105 hrs, still not bad hours for 150k a year. Fly a little less, make a little less, not a bad life. :up:

Which for a pilot would be TAFB, since they perform their "work" flying from A to B.
Looks like we have different definitions of TAFB. The definition of TAFB with which I am familiar includes layover time. Duty time does not. For example, a (say) JFK-LHR trip which checks in at 6 PM on Day 1 and returns at 3 PM on Day 3 would have around 13 hours actual flight time, probably around 16 hours of duty time (which would include pre- and post-flight duties as required by the airline and by the FAA and therefore is certainly "work") and 45 hours of TAFB.

(And please note I picked a simple example, and an international one at that where the flight time / duty time spread is minimal. On domestic trips which includes many legs and time in between, the duty time / flight time spread is much greater.)

So that I understand you, what is the difference between duty time and TAFB, the way you are using the terms?

I think we see it the same way. I was using turns as an example where you use the 3 day trip. The duty time may be the same for each day, but obviously on the trip JFK-LHR, the TAFB is considerably more. I agree that 90 hours of TAFB / mo. will get you nowhere near 150K a year. But flying say JFK-DEN-JFK could produce 7 to 8 hrs a day of "work" with another hour of pre and post flight. Flying these trips (probably senior), could produce a TAFB for the month of approx 104 hrs. with a 91 hrs block for the month. (13 days @ 7 hrs a day). I'm sure this is the exception and not the norm, but they do exist. All I was pointing out was that it was possible to fly 90 hrs a month and make 150K a year. :)

All I was pointing out was that it was possible to fly 90 hrs a month and make 150K a year. :)
But PTO said work 90 hours per month.

If you think it is an accurate assessment of the average domestic pilot (or F/A) job to say they only "work" 90 hours per month and make a good salary these days, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

And, as I mentioned before, if it is so easy to get such a huge salary while working so little, why not apply for those jobs and have at it? Easy Street! There must be thousands -- maybe MILLIONS -- of jobs like that out there, right? That you are qualified (and have the seniority) for, right? So go for it!

There must be a catch in that reasoning there somewhere, dontchathink?

Is it possible for a very few very senior people at a very few carriers to pull something like that off? Maybe. But that is like looking at what Tom Meseareau (Michael Jackson's attorney) makes and implying that since he makes a lot of money for one job, the local county public defender must be rolling in dough as well. After all, they are both lawyers, right?

Sure, a few jobs like what you describe probably still "exist." But that is not relevant to this conversation. Re-read PTO's post and determine for yourself if he is just trying to make it sound as if he is talking about 0.001% of pilot jobs today (that is, that those jobs simply "exist" somewhere for the chosen few), or if he is trying to imply something like the "average" pilot is making $150K for 90 hours of "work."

Latest posts