The unions are coming, the unions are coming!

Your hypocrisy is amazing. There is nothing greedier than a scab, yet you'd welcome working with them before someone from a union?

Thanks for proving what most of us thought from the get-go; that you're nothing more than a shill for the company, posting on here to create dissent. You've offered absolutely zero in substantive contributions to this thread.

Now, immediately report to your supervisor and tell them what a good boy you've been.

I just want to thank all of you who responded.
With me sitting on the fence as far as union , non-union, your responses have finally help me decide !

Unions are nothing but money-sucking , good for nothing outfits, with members who think they are entitle to a job and benefits just by a right of birth !
I will welcome working side by side with a scab, knowing that at least he doesn't expect any more than he earns and who will undoubtably be a better, more rational co-worker !

Good luck to all, your gonna need it ! ;)
I've seen the non-union shops around my parts. If you can get the eighteen year olds, earning 10 bucks an hour off the Playstation to come out and work a flight on time I'd be shocked. You say that you don't want to stir the pot so why would you "welcome working side by side with a scab", unless you are A. here to stir the pot, B. a scab, or C. as posted before, a company writer/ kool-aid man. Your screen name is appropriate, Southwind, as you seem to talk out of your ass quite a bit. Not long and all of DL will be free. Put the cup down and vote.

With me sitting on the fence as far as union , non-union, your responses have finally help me decide !

Unions are nothing but money-sucking , good for nothing outfits, with members who think they are entitle to a job and benefits just by a right of birth !
I will welcome working side by side with a scab, knowing that at least he doesn't expect any more than he earns and who will undoubtably be a better, more rational co-worker !

You were sitting on the fence until now???? Who's kidding who, Southwind? Furthermore, you talk of wanting to work with rational people, yet you clearly dismiss 6 weeks vacation at NWA vs. 4 weeks at Delta; No cap on sick leave at NWA vs. 5 days PPT at DAL (soon to be 7 on Apr 1st). Where's the rationality in that?

UNBELIEVABLE!

You stated earlier:

"Sincerely not trying to stir the pot , just like looking at things from all angles."

With regards to your postings, you don't seem sincere. And your not looking at things from all angles.

They have answered your question straight up. Are you are lashing out because you don't like the answer?

btw thanks everyone for providing the information and answers.

Southwind, if we had an ignore option like the chat rooms, you would have been gone a loooog time ago. You asked a question, I answered, you on the other hand, rant and rave and go on a little fit. So go to your doctor, get a presciption for some testosterone/HGH and maybe grow a set.

Southwind, if we had an ignore option like the chat rooms, you would have been gone a loooog time ago. You asked a question, I answered, you on the other hand, rant and rave and go on a little fit. So go to your doctor, get a presciption for some testosterone/HGH and maybe grow a set.

He's best ignored. We've all seen through him so I doubt he'll be back. The problem with people like this is they come on these boards believing what DL mgt. tells them: that union carriers don't have it any better than they do and why invite a "3rd party" in and pay dues for inferior pay/conditions, etc, etc. They log on (as "fence sitters") and believe they're gonna show these pro-unionites a thing or two. The problem is of course that he didn't do his homework: you all proved him wrong. You guys gave him concrete answers that he didn't like (because they disproved what he was told by Mgt). He so didn't like them that at first he claims his "questions" were never answered and so on. When that lame tactic didn't work, he was left holding the bag and so what's the guy gonna do except act like a child, rant and rave and then run away? That's all he can do. It's kind of sad really. I hope, despite what he claims, that he's been given something to really think about. I hope that he sees that you can be pro-worker, pro-employee rights, pro mgt.- accountability=pro union AND pro-company.
But man, don't these trolls just wear you out??? (Especially when we don't have an "Ignore" feature here.)

He's best ignored. We've all seen through him so I doubt he'll be back. The problem with people like this is they come on these boards believing what DL mgt. tells them: that union carriers don't have it any better than they do and why invite a "3rd party" in and pay dues for inferior pay/conditions, etc, etc. They log on (as "fence sitters") and believe they're gonna show these pro-unionites a thing or two. The problem is of course that he didn't do his homework: you all proved him wrong. You guys gave him concrete answers that he didn't like (because they disproved what he was told by Mgt). He so didn't like them that at first he claims his "questions" were never answered and so on. When that lame tactic didn't work, he was left holding the bag and so what's the guy gonna do except act like a child, rant and rave and then run away? That's all he can do. It's kind of sad really. I hope, despite what he claims, that he's been given something to really think about. I hope that he sees that you can be pro-worker, pro-employee rights, pro mgt.- accountability=pro union AND pro-company.
But man, don't these trolls just wear you out??? (Especially when we don't have an "Ignore" feature here.)

Same old song and dance, and your right he never answered the questions because he never intended to.

For those more interested in sharing information than listening to rhetoric, here's a good link to some DL info. It talks about their profit sharing, 401K, etc., and adds onto the good info DL people have already posted.

DL info.

For those more interested in sharing information than listening to rhetoric, here's a good link to some DL info. It talks about their profit sharing, 401K, etc., and adds onto the good info DL people have already posted.

DL info.
Now you know the people I have to work with at Delta. This backward southern mentalily about unions that causes people to distort the truth about unions. It makes me wonder if they ever went to school cause alot of great union leaders came out of the south(Martin Luther King, Philip Randolph, Lane Kirkland, etc.).

Now you know the people I have to work with at Delta. This backward southern mentalily about unions that causes people to distort the truth about unions. It makes me wonder if they ever went to school cause alot of great union leaders came out of the south(Martin Luther King, Philip Randolph, Lane Kirkland, etc.).
Was Martin Luther King UAW or Teamsters?

How is the housing market in ATL? With Rich and Doug almost done consummating the union, I'll be on the street without the help of a union contract. Is the fishing any good down there?

I applaud the efforts of the Delta Flight Attendants who are trying to organize a union on the property. With all this merger talk I suggest that Delta Flight Attendant's rethink the timing of their vote on the AFA. When it comes to seniority integration for Flight Attendants Delta has always been very fair and equitable. This was proven during the Western merger and the acquisition of PanAm's European network. AFA represents the Flight Attendants of both United and Northwest, their policy is date of hire, no ifs ands or buts. It's time to look out for yourselves, Delta will actually give you a better deal than AFA will. With either a Northwest or United merger AFA will have to hold a vote to represent the combined work force. It would be foolish for the Delta Flight Attendants to vote on AFA at this time. Dont' let AFA bully you into to organizing and voting right now. In December of last year the U.S. President signed into law the Alleghany-Mohawk Seniority Provision. This requires two airlines merging to offer a "fair and equitable" seniority integration. Don't let AFA tell you that they are the only entity who can protect your seniority. Get a seniority merge from Delta, not date-of-hire from AFA, then once merged vote for the AFA...Look out for yourselves first.

MY GOD! DELTA MANAGEMENT IS THAT DESPARTE! They are on US AVIATION pretending to be an AA FA. (I hope they sue your a$$ for impersonating a crew member)

They come on here spilling this bile and think people can't see the Delta NON UNION company machine in HYPER DRIVE. You'd LOVE for them to stay weak and NON UNION...

"Flight Attendants Delta has always been very fair and equitable. This was proven during the Western merger and the acquisition of PanAm's European network"

You mean how you CHEATED the others out of senority. NEWSFLASH..IF there is no union for the Delta FA by the time of the merger, and NW comes onto the property..our sen. issue goes to an arbitrator based on our CBA protective clauses, in that arbitration, Delta's past actions are taken into consideration.

So you might say "the chickens could come home to roost" without a Union. NW ain't goin under NOBODY! Bank on it! It took NW (the most vicious management in the industry) to play bankrupt to get what it wanted.

Delta FA...get a Union, protect yourself. NORTHWEST is NOT a one legged Pan Am, nor a tiny Western. There is only so much Delta can do, even if they pretend they can do more.

I haven't heard from any of my favorites on how the unionization at DL is going. Rich must be increasing the flow rate of kool-aid to my man Southwind. Still on the fence or are we starting to see what needs to be done?

Latest posts