US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/29- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the question of ripeness, the 9th made it very clear that the Nic is not the standard of fair representation (which will come in handy when the DFR suit is filed again).

What will come in handy is that response your lawyer sent to the 9th telling them what they said and at the same time misinterpreting it.

I am pretty sure the 9th said not ripe, therefore no jurisdiction, therefore no comment on merits.

Read into it all you want, but when a judge tells me he has no jurisdiction I take him at his word.

What will come in handy is that response your lawyer sent to the 9th telling them what they said and at the same time misinterpreting it.

I am pretty sure the 9th said not ripe, therefore no jurisdiction, therefore no comment on merits.

Read into it all you want, but when a judge tells me he has no jurisdiction I take him at his word.
It was YOUR lawyers that filed for a rehearing on damages, even though the case has been dismissed! What a hoot! I guess they figure that's the only way they'll get paid. When I read that today I almost fell off my chair laughing!

Mr Seham and his legal team is brilliant! Your lawyers....not so much.

But then, what do you expect for almost 2 mil? It may be over that now with the new, stupid petitions.

I guess they've got to squeeze whatever they can out of the AOL boys before they lose their meal ticket.

If you consider dead as the only seniority list accepted by LCC and still under federal injunction as the bargaining position of usapa, well then I would guess you are right!
NO, I actually meant DEAD, as in DOORNAIL. Turn out the lights...the party's over....

Reactions: 1 person
It was YOUR lawyers that filed for a rehearing on damages, even though the case has been dismissed! What a hoot! I guess they figure that's the only way they'll get paid. When I read that today I almost fell off my chair laughing!

Mr Seham and his legal team is brilliant! Your lawyers....not so much.

But then, what do you expect for almost 2 mil? It may be over that now with the new, stupid petitions.

I guess they've got to squeeze whatever they can out of the AOL boys before they lose their meal ticket.

NO, I actually meant DEAD, as in DOORNAIL. Turn out the lights...the party's over....
19 pages, man sort of sums it up! MM!

nic4,

I just read what SSM&P sent off to the 9th! It is a real peach! I have always wondered how you westies and your top notch legal co-founder experts could get this so wrong. A small quote below found on page 14..........

Plaintiffs’ en banc petition misstates the record by calling ALPA’s internal
process a “federally mandated arbitration.” As this Court found, it was merely
“the product of the internal rules and processes of ALPA.”

It's over Johnny!

Keep the donations coming.

Hate

Benz,

Before the merger was announced, did you have a plan B? I mean, after 15 years still being bottom reserve it must have crossed your mind to try something different, right? Or maybe I'm wrong. Before AWA came into the picture, when US was in BK2, did you really honestly think at that moment that everything would be fine and you'd be captain again in a few years? This is an honest question, No sarcasm intended. Because if I were in those shoes I certainly would have been worried and making alternate plans. Heck I would have done that during BK1. (In fact I did during UA's BK)

The reason I'm asking this is because your 15 years served, to get nothing but junior reserve is a crying shame and you must have had alot of negative feeling toward your company and it's management. (Rightfully so) Just wondering why it is that all of a sudden that frustration is directed at Nic and the West, or so it seems. The west had a career path as well, and it's not their fault that it was so divergent from yours.

When I was flying for a commuter we used to go through DCA every day, UA worked us. One day and old worn out F/O in his Columbo look a like tan uniform and I struck up a conversation. He told me"Son , whatever you do, don't go to work for this God forsaken airline! I've been here 17 years and am still a 727 F/O."

Hey, here's another idea. Let Harper and his clowns (sorry, don't really mean to insult clowns) file one or two more of these frivolous petitions, then sue them for damages they cause by delaying a new contract for ALL the pilots.

There is actually a FRAP dealing with penalties for frivolous petitions to the Ninth Circuit.

I will go looking for it. I do not remember if it was from the original mediation or arbitration, but I believe it came up again at the trial.

The story of your friend hired in 87 sounds pretty accurate. A mid 87 hire would have had about 1200/1300 West pilots in front of them and going on that I would think if your friend was born in say '62 timeframe around 800/900 of those West pilots would retire before him.

However, if he is determining that status with that computer program that was going around when the Nic came out, I would caution that when I put in my info, it kicked out some erroneous data. It said I would retire with a lower number with the Nic, than the stand alone AWA, an absolute impossibility.

Wrong. born in '64 and more than that west senior to him, almost all I believe.

OLDIE, it was pretty interesting reading , pgs 14,15, 16 sort of summed it up, heck there is nothing worse than a lawyer an an unpaid bill! MM!

When I was flying for a commuter we used to go through DCA every day, UA worked us. One day and old worn out F/O in his Columbo look a like tan uniform and I struck up a conversation. He told me"Son , whatever you do, don't go to work for this God forsaken airline! I've been here 17 years and am still a 727 F/O."

Pi brat,

As a second officer on the L1011 at EAL all the first officers I was flying with all had 15 to 22 years with the company. Captain on the DC-9 was 22 years! Long time ago.

Hate

In addition to the question of ripeness, the 9th made it very clear that the Nic is not the standard of fair representation (which will come in handy when the DFR suit is filed again).

Actually the 9th indicated there is no ripeness until a new contract is ratified (ie. the USAPA internal union process is complete, of which Nic is not a part).

Has reading comprehension always been a problem for you?

What's your point?

You say that these guys had 1500 West pilots put on top of them. Let me tell you something. The difference between the Nic ( where I lost a slight relative position) and usapa's DOH seniority theft, for me personally. Well over 2000. Yep, over 2000 east pilots that are junior to me on the Nic, most of which have less LOS than myself would be put in front of me for the vast majority of the remainder of my career.

Thank you! Now you know exactly how I feel about the NIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts