When will the fighting machinists actually join the fight?

You're officially an complete idiot. AMFA one week overtime ban, got AMFA sued. Now you are encouraging illegal job action to get their union sued. Way to go!
You're officially an complete idiot. AMFA one week overtime ban, got AMFA sued. Now you are encouraging illegal job action to get their union sued. Way to go!
there's the problem right there, amfa shouldn't being telling guys not to work ot, common sense, says brothers shouldn't be staying for it, unless it isn't 80/20, for the reason. it should always be that high. amfa only negotiates what you guys want, if it isn't bought out or forced into slavery, due to a union pension.

I was informed yesterday that there were IAM DFW Members who picketed at the Tuesday event. I did not hear of any leadership attending but by the percentage of IAM Members again that work in DFW they made a strong showing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/transportworkersunion/45570586281/in/album-72157701316586911
i dont doubt that at all. for appearance sake it needs to be the negotiating committee front and center, the whole committee. as far as the company is concerned it could be hired people and homeless in uniform. it needs to be recognizable faces that company sit back and take notice. at this point i dont think it really matters anymore. we are probably waiting for an impasse to be declared and a contract imposed.
thank you iam for your inaction putting us in this position!

Reactions: swamt
i dont doubt that at all. for appearance sake it needs to be the negotiating committee front and center, the whole committee. as far as the company is concerned it could be hired people and homeless in uniform. it needs to be recognizable faces that company sit back and take notice. at this point i dont think it really matters anymore. we are probably waiting for an impasse to be declared and a contract imposed.

I highly doubt we will see either an impasse and absolutely not a Congressionally imposed contract. If neither side wants to make movements those NMB Mediators will just put us on ice indefinitely.

Right now when the Mediators look back at the work done the last 3 years (Did I really say 3 years) they’re going to see that both sides have made moves. That could bode well for more meetings than less next year (Did I also say next year, jeez)

I don’t believe Congress has ever imposed a Contract on anyone under the RLA in any Industry? Imposing a Contract would be uncharted waters under our Republic/supposed Democracy.

I highly doubt we will see either an impasse and absolutely not a Congressionally imposed contract. If neither side wants to make movements those NMB Mediators will just put us on ice indefinitely.

Right now when the Mediators look back at the work done the last 3 years (Did I really say 3 years) they’re going to see that both sides have made moves. That could bode well for more meetings than less next year (Did I also say next year, jeez)

I don’t believe Congress has ever imposed a Contract on anyone under the RLA in any Industry? Imposing a Contract would be uncharted waters under our Republic/supposed Democracy.
Part if the self help process is the right to a job action, and the right to impose the last best offer. A congressional imposed contract comes after that to put a final end to the mess.

Part if the self help process is the right to a job action, and the right to impose the last best offer. A congressional imposed contract comes after that to put a final end to the mess.

Oh trust me I know how the process reads. Just doubt that it will ever get that far in our case. I was also informed though that Congress indeed has imposed a Contract under the RLA. It was on striking Rail workers back in 1991.

Overwhelmingly passed by both Political Parties and signed by President George HW Bush.

(We are ultimately not free citizens)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...8576464/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.21584d97c837

We are government controlled employees, when it comes to strikes, unless the government and the company want to break the union. Power is really an illusion.

Careful on that "absolutely not" comment. We are in new territory with this Association thing-a-ma-jig.
As for your comment on "put on ice indefinitely" comment, I'm sure the IAM wouldn't stomp their feet too hard. As for the TWU, that would amount to "indefinitely" getting screwed. That wouldn't be an option for OUR half of the Association.
And lastly, you stating "Congress has never", well all I have to say to that is TRUMP and ASSOCIATION...who would have ever thought.

Careful on that "absolutely not" comment. We are in new territory with this Association thing-a-ma-jig.
As for your comment on "put on ice indefinitely" comment, I'm sure the IAM wouldn't stomp their feet too hard. As for the TWU, that would amount to "indefinitely" getting screwed. That wouldn't be an option for OUR half of the Association.

Are we talking IAM as an entity, their Leaders, Negotiators or their Members? You know I have an IAM Line Crew I talk to here in MIA and they’re always asking me if I heard anything about the Negotiations. They’re very Senior and are dying to get in the mix and get off the Widebody Gate, Afternoons with Weekdays off.

And I’m sure there’s plenty of people in the IAM who don’t care as much about the Medical as many think? I’ve also heard there are many IAM guys out there waiting to start transferring around.

And lastly, you stating "Congress has never", well all I have to say to that is TRUMP and ASSOCIATION...who would have ever thought.

When the IAM started putting on pressure I would have been far more shocked if some kind of deal hadn’t been made. (AFL/CIO)

Actually posted that I was wrong and Congress has. Back in 1991. They haven’t yet in the Airline industry though. (Yet)

You mean like TEAMSTER POWER?

Hate to have to remind ya again here but.

DE5AF92E-59E2-4CF0-B2C7-9E9A5CDC9542.png

You mean like TEAMSTER POWER?
Yea baby!!! Just like the teamster power over at UPS where the teamsters just slammed their new contract down their throats, even though the majority voted it down. Now is that really teamster power OR is it really teamsters controlling the puppets? Sad they had this type of language in their contract and or by-laws. Go figure huh???