2015 Fleet Service Discussion

So...It's January 5th 2015.

The APFA has a JCBA.

The APA is near a JCBA.

The CWA/IBT have started JCBA negotiations.

TWU, where art thou?

We haven't heard a peep from leadership since late November. Nothing on negotiations. Nothing on the 4% raise announcement. Nothing on the Equity case. Nothing on the Pre-Funding case. Nothing on the BK case, will it end January 15th (for the record, no). Nothing on the IAM "misunderstandings." Nothing on who's on the negotiating committee. I don't even remember a "Happy New Year." =/

NYer said:

The APFA has a JCBA.

The APA is near a JCBA.

TWU, where art thou?

We haven't heard a peep from leadership since late November. Nothing on negotiations. Nothing on the 4% raise announcement. Nothing on the Equity case. Nothing on the Pre-Funding case. Nothing on the BK case, will it end January 15th (for the record, no). Nothing on the IAM "misunderstandings." Nothing on who's on the negotiating committee. I don't even remember a "Happy New Year." =/
Doesn't this send a message you? The TWU, either alone or with the association are going to drop the ball again. If and when or JCBA is finally upon us, be prepared to give something else back in exchange for industry wages.
I think you are going top be disappointed that what we get will not be anything like what the FAs and the Pilots get.

NYer said:

The APFA has a JCBA.

The APA is near a JCBA.

TWU, where art thou?

Just stirring it up, eh?

MetalMover said:
Doesn't this send a message you? The TWU, either alone or with the association are going to drop the ball again. If and when or JCBA is finally upon us, be prepared to give something else back in exchange for industry wages.
I think you are going top be disappointed that what we get will not be anything like what the FAs and the Pilots get.

Some will be disappointed no matter what they get.

NYer said:

Some will be disappointed no matter what they get.
I mean specifically regarding the FA pay increase and the pilots being offered 23%. But then again money isn't everything if there are concessions attached.
23% of wages is very attractive.

MetalMover said:
I mean specifically regarding the FA pay increase and the pilots being offered 23%. But then again money isn't everything if there are concessions attached.
23% of wages is very attractive.

Those raises for the APFA and the APA will bring each of those groups to 7% above the Delta rates.

The APA continue to get yearly raises after that and the APFA still have their wage adjuster against UA and their own raises in subsequent years.

No matter what happens with the TWU, there will surely be a "Vote No" campaign...and unless there is an agreement for negotiations, it will be dragged on until the CBA become amendable.

NYer said:

Those raises for the APFA and the APA will bring each of those groups to 7% above the Delta rates.

The APA continue to get yearly raises after that and the APFA still have their wage adjuster against UA and their own raises in subsequent years.

No matter what happens with the TWU, there will surely be a "Vote No" campaign...and unless there is an agreement for negotiations, it will be dragged on until the CBA become amendable.
Well that depends on the company, don't you think? If they "show me the money" and give back at least SOME of what they took instead of more givebacks, why would there be a vote NO campaign?

NYer said:

I don't think that the leadership among the TWU would be so stupid as to get in to any position that negotiations would be either dragged out or held hostage under whatever circumstances and that includes the three issues that they had a problem with for too long.

The simplest reason is politics aside the extra dues money that would be lost is tremendous. A simple calculation and I come up with somewhere in the 3 Million a year compounding range. I would have to HOPE that they are well aware of that, not to mention how pissed off the members will be if they have to wait much longer with all the gains they are now seeing.

The nAAtives are starting to become restless.

And every group has it's "Vote No" characters no matter how good something might wind up being put in front of them.  

MetalMover said:
Well that depends on the company, don't you think? If they "show me the money" and give back at least SOME of what they took instead of more givebacks, why would there be a vote NO campaign?

Unfortunately, it will have nothing to do with the airline. There are some that have made up their minds that nothing short of what they gave up in 2003 compounded annually for the 13 years, plus a nice lift after that is the ONLY acceptable proposal to even vote on...never mind passing it.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
I don't think that the leadership among the TWU would be so stupid as to get in to any position that negotiations would be either dragged out or held hostage under whatever circumstances and that includes the three issues that they had a problem with for too long.

The simplest reason is politics aside the extra dues money that would be lost is tremendous. A simple calculation and I come up with somewhere in the 3 Million a year compounding range. I would have to HOPE that they are well aware of that, not to mention how pissed off the members will be if they have to wait much longer with all the gains they are now seeing.

The nAAtives are starting to become restless.

And every group has it's "Vote No" characters no matter how good something might wind up being put in front of them.  

Then again you thought the 3 little issues. which we have not heard about since, was going to be resolved in a quick fashion...I'd guess we won't even hear an update until the end of January.

You needed to care about the "nAAtives" before we got to this point.

Rumors are that UAL is about to close a significant amount of stations...so all this waiting is just making things more and more difficult. But hey, let's be patient. =/

NYer said:
Then again you thought the 3 little issues. which we have not heard about since, was going to be resolved in a quick fashion...I'd guess we won't even hear an update until the end of January.

You needed to care about the "nAAtives" before we got to this point.

Rumors are that UAL is about to close a significant amount of stations...so all this waiting is just making things more and more difficult. But hey, let's be patient. =/

Thanks to IAM 141 Rich Delaney, Ira Levy and Sito Pantoja.

Josh