2015 Fleet Service Discussion

WeAAsles said:
I'm sorry to hear this T5. I hope it winds up being nothing more than a very bad rumor and if not hopefully it isn't a bloodbath?
One hell of a rumor....Wonder if it is to put pressure on negotiations that seem top be going nowhere.

The ramp at UA arent in negotiations, they ratified a new agreement last year or the year before.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
I don't really fly with the notion of prep but I do agree again over and over that the two sides should be conversing about the items they have in each others contract that they may consider to be sacrosanct?

Those items could buttress up against each other and cause friction if solutions, accommodations or compromises aren't reached BEFORE JCBA talks commence.

Hopefully individuals have reached out to each other over the phone at least?

And would someone please give the NMB a call already?

Maybe they had some cake and tea.

You'll be Envoy employees very soon. Low cost contacted ramp service company. Think it cant happen, think again. Gee , what happened to the building cleaners in the mid 90s? They either quit, or transferred to fleet service and building cleaners were contacted out. I believe Simens has the contract in ORD.

MetalMover said:
I was referring to M&R..How many years now?
M&R are still into talks. They and the FA's are the two remaining groups that do not have deals yet. 
I don't know the progress with the IBT and the company, and what are the sticking issues are. Haven't been following since we have issues of our own.

737823 said:

Wonder what jet job and Socplat13 will be doing?  

They attacked Tim and misled people about the "protection" in the CBA.  Tim was right all along and called every play.

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/56150-why-tim-nelson-is-dangerous-to-iam-represented-employees-at-united-airlines/

Josh
 A lot of us besides Tim called this. But no one would listen, especially when you have a "1-800-RETRO Hotline"!!

Don't know what's going to happen today, but rumors that an announcement from CHI will be coming. GM's will be having conference calls today, and in my hub management has been shifted and some people will be having new job titles. With DEN burning down right now, we should be fighting hard for that work. The inability of the vendor not being able to do the work is pulling resources from Mainline, and now the airport is getting involved. But this is company made, and can be resolved easily. We have over 150 people on furlough who can get the job done, but the company insists that the vendor can do the work, blaming it on weather and heavy loads. And in essence, trying to blame some of it on us, without knowing the full picture of why this is happening. There are some retirees trying to get this story out and the company is trying to do damage control. But when you are having a inordinate amount of delays and baggage issues, someone has to answer for it.  And now it shows. And we will soon know what will be our fate.

What I want to know is where is the District on these issues?  Not a peep!  This bothers me.......A LOT!!!!!!! They haven't even made an announcement or an update in the newsletter except the "Helping hands" and the "Resources For The New Year". This issue should be front and center. You have a hub going up in flames right now.

I keep saying that LOA #4 is a conflict of interest, and that's all I have to say. Idiots don't read this contract........

God help us all..............

Good Luck T5 and all the UA folks   Hopefully the next time there's a deal may be those who voted yes for this garbage will learn a hard lesson.  

robbedagain said:
Good Luck T5 and all the UA folks   Hopefully the next time there's a deal may be those who voted yes for this garbage will learn a hard lesson.  
Thanks for those words.
Right now, since the DEN situation is ongoing, they probably hold off on the bad news till next week or after the situation cools down.

Still haven't heard comment from the District though. Shouldn't some sort of press release be in order? Our people are affected by this, because of an inability of a low ball vendor, and they should be fighting. The retirees are bringing light to this situation.  But I digress..........

The new representation "norm"...keep everything from it's members. You would think that if they are gonna collect from me twice a month, I could be updated at least once a month. Hell, it's even hard to get facts and no spin from the monthly meetings...

700UW said:
The Association doesnt represent anyone yet.
Not talking about the Association...I still pay dues to the TWU, that is who I'm referring to. Capisce, 700?

NYer said:
So...It's January 5th 2015.

The APFA has a JCBA.

The APA is near a JCBA.

The CWA/IBT have started JCBA negotiations.

TWU, where art thou?

We haven't heard a peep from leadership since late November. Nothing on negotiations. Nothing on the 4% raise announcement. Nothing on the Equity case. Nothing on the Pre-Funding case. Nothing on the BK case, will it end January 15th (for the record, no). Nothing on the IAM "misunderstandings." Nothing on who's on the negotiating committee. I don't even remember a "Happy New Year." =/
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13003813/1/of-all-the-labor-problems-in-americanus-air-merger-this-is-the-worst.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Disappointing that the TWU has not issued any communication. I'm a proponent of the Association but if the TWU is able to drag things out for months then what have we gained? I'd be for an election at that point and may the best union win. And, according to the link above, the TWU has its hands full with 3 other groups on the property.

Reactions: 2 people