Amfa Card Count

Hey Seguro, your starting to sound like a sore loser and we haven't even had the election yet. You know that AA flight attendants were twu?? They didn't want the twu anymore and neither do we!! How they ever got the mechanics at AA, I'll never know. By the way, what was the name of the mechanics craft union the twu raided at AA?? Seguro help me out on this one!! I'm sure your an ace at twu history. I'm sure not all the mechanics wanted twu back then but it happened anyway. The same thing is going to happen again, except this time it's the twu leaving.
Here's to the twu.....
Leading the way to the minimum wage mechanic.......
Cheers...
Local 12 associate member

Seguro said:
Name me two times AMFA has sought representation when another union wasn't in power. I can think of one, but the majority is during times of regression and adversity.
:shock: ATA
:shock: ACA
:shock: MESABA

Soon AA, yes we do have a dues collection agency but no union. :shock:

You forgot UAL and NWA, now there was some clever negotiating talent. Who would have thought AMFA could ,in one swipe, decrease Singapore's unemployment rate.

Sore loser, not. Loser only if AMFA bargains for me as they did NWA. I am not responsible for your ill feelings toward the TWU, but I am responsible to myself to keep AMFA out of my career. I am not looking forward to allowing AMFA or anyone else send me to the cheese line while what? Awaiting arbitration? Is there not 38% of NWA's outsourcing now ungrievable? This is the history that I read.

Seguro, then you should start seeking employment elsewhere cause AMFA will be here soon!

Seguro, then you should start seeking employment elsewhere cause AMFA will be here soon!

What just happened here, we finally agree on something, if AMFA arrives then many leave, good point Hopeful.

What we have now is taxation without representation[TWU Dues] I'm tired of my local being run from N.Y. and the money going to N.Y. to support union officers like Sonny Hall and others.I don't mind paying dues if I'm receiving something for them.TWU makes it all one-sided.

Seguro said:
What just happened here, we finally agree on something, if AMFA arrives then many leave, good point Hopeful.
Quit worring so much Seguro. We keep our "Iron Clad" contract when we go AMFA. It's not ammendable until Jan 09. I looked at the election results at all the airlines AMFA represents and not everyone voted for AMFA. Almost, but not all. I accept the fact you will vote for the twu. I even think some of the AA flight attendants voted for twu in their election. It didn't matter though. If you like the way the twu does things, you will love AMFA.
Here's to the twu......
Their own worst enemy........
Cheers......

Amfa has now removed the card count off the web, The last update was deceiving in the way the cards were posted and not verified. Now amfa is going around and asking members to become associate members by paying 40 dollars a year to raise funds.

I believe amfa has inflated the numbers to try to decieve the members into believing they have more than what they actually have. It's easy to file, rumors will be circulating about the numbers. You will start seeing alot of half-truths circulating amongst the amfa wantabes. This is why amfa has removed the card count! Deception is the game now?

Amfa national claimed last year in a meeting at local 33 that if AA was to reach 50% than they would give money to the drive. If you read the threads you will see repeatedly that amfa national is not funding the drive. You have to wonder? Who is telling the truth?

Keep in mind Amfa is famous for lies-intimidation and half-truths. Don't be fooled by the rhetoric you will hear in the coming weeks!!!!!!

As Always Have a Great TWU Day!!!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Amfa has now removed the card count off the web, The last update was deceiving in the way the cards were posted and not verified. Now amfa is going around and asking members to become associate members by paying 40 dollars a year to raise funds.

I believe amfa has inflated the numbers to try to decieve the members into believing they have more than what they actually have. It's easy to file, rumors will be circulating about the numbers. You will start seeing alot of half-truths circulating amongst the amfa wantabes. This is why amfa has removed the card count! Deception is the game now?

Amfa national claimed last year in a meeting at local 33 that if AA was to reach 50% than they would give money to the drive. If you read the threads you will see repeatedly that amfa national is not funding the drive. You have to wonder? Who is telling the truth?

Keep in mind Amfa is famous for lies-intimidation and half-truths. Don't be fooled by the rhetoric you will hear in the coming weeks!!!!!!

CIO.............you funny. I sense PANIC in your post. Your right, it's still just the original 12 peckernats. You won't really have to find your box and go back to work. You are right, it is easy to file when you have the twu helping get cards for you. Enjoy your twu day, there may not be many more.
Here's to the twu....
Staving off AMFA with one shiny coffin..........
Cheers.......
Soon to be dues paying Local 12 member

Checking it Out said:

I see despiration from the amfa wantabes!!!!!!! No panic on this side!!!!!!!!

I see despiration from the amfa wantabes!!!!!!! No panic on this side!!!!!!!!

Despiration???????????

Desperation: The state of being desperate.
Desperate: Rash or violent because of despair
Despair: Loss of hope

cio, I have lost hope. In the twu.

We are the ones with the cards to file and they're not to keep the twu on the property at AA. Your PR company is giving you bad advice. You should have stood up and fought!!
Here's to the twu........
Leading the industry in cartoon drawings.............
Cheers..........PANIC 101 in session

I think that if we could get a majority of the labor force united under 1 UNION there could be more power.
Power in the numbers!

cio, why are you suddenly concerned about the card count. Did you verify the cards as they were signed? Did you set up the web site and PO Box for this AMFA drive? The organizers are the ones who verified the cards. The organizers will deliever the cards to AMFA and AMFA will deliver the cards to the NMB when they see fit. Not you or any other alias hiding industrial union follower. I do like you spin though. Will you say anything when AMFA files for AA AMTs?
As for a great twu day. There never were any at AA, unless you were on the ramp. The twu's days are coming to a close here at AA. Now that will be a great day. :D

Ken MacTiernan said:
As for a great twu day. There never were any at AA, unless you were on the ramp. The twu's days are coming to a close here at AA. Now that will be a great day. :D
Wrong. The ramp guys have not done well under the TWU either. The only ones that do well are those that work "FOR" the twu, not those who work under a TWU contract.

While the average TWU member makes $31,000 a year Sonny Halls Secretary makes $105,000/yr, Local 514s President makes over $200,000/yr and so on. While members struggle with TWU negotiated and endorsed concessions its leaders reward themselves and those they surrond themselves with, with six figure salaries.

The secret to success with the TWU is not being a member, they only average 15/hr, its to suck your way up the organization into one of those six figure jobs with the International where you never face a membership election. The only way to get removed is by "death or indictment"!

You are right in closing that it will be a great day when the TWU is no longer here at AA.

AMFA and the AGW NOW!