Asset Purchase Agreement

As noted by TWAnr, APFA had absolutely nothing to do with pay raises TWAers received. Absolutely nothing.b

Special HotLine Update
Wednesday, March 21, 2001

CLICK HERE FOR B.O.D. RESOLUTION

This is APFA President, John Ward with a special hotline message for Wednesday, March 21. The time is approximately 10:30 p.m. Pacific time.

After two days of discussion, the APFA Board of Directors has voted unanimously in favor of a resolution which sets forth how the APFA will proceed with respect to the TWA acquisition. The Board authorized the Merger and Acquisition, under my direction, to meet with the company for the purpose of reaching an agreement guided by the following principles:

1. Preservation of the bidding seniority of the American Airlines Flight Attendants.

2. A fence around the TWA St. Louis and JFK bases restricted to the flying currently flown by TWA at such bases.

3. Opportunities for American Airlines Flight Attendants to transfer/proffer to fill vacancies in the fenced bases and to fly trips included within the fence

4. Protections against furlough of American Airlines Flight Attendants.

5. Classification or Pay Seniority and Company, which is retirement credit and vacation accrual seniority, for TWA Flight Attendants based upon their years of service at TWA.

6. No credit for bidding seniority for TWA years of service in the event TWA Flight Attendants transfer from the fenced St. Louis and JFK bases.

I am aware that the subject of the TWA acquisition has understandably been a source of great concern, as well as many rumors and speculations. I would like to thank you for your patience as we sorted out how best to proceed. I applaud the Board of Directors for working diligently to resolve these difficult issues. We will provide more detailed information as it becomes available.

Thank you for your continued support. Please stay on the line.

Please read line 5

Miami - #5 - apfa did not negotiate this - it had already been initiated by the company that we would receive this.

APFA - may have put it in their statement to you - however, it had already been presented to us by AA as the benefit we would receive. I remember when someone gave me a copy and we laughed because APFA had nothing to do with this - but trying to take credit for it - after the fact!

This reminds me of the so called "GREAT CONTRACT" - that ward at first voted down - then later stated that he brought about.

You guys truely amaze me in the gullibility you have with WARD.

AMR can not promise anything regarding pay or benefits to you. The have to go thru the Union.

jsn25911 said:
This reminds me of the so called "GREAT CONTRACT" - that ward at first voted down - then later stated that he brought about.

If you are speaking of the T/A that the membership first voted down. It was the membership that voted it down not WARD. Second, for all the bashing you do to APFA and our contract. Why do you put so much effort in being a part of it. If things are sooo bad here then why the lawsuits to place you above naative f/as in seniority that worked to get us these contracts. You all cry about what a joke we are but you would jump at the chance to come back with DOH and steal the flying that we have. I would really like to know why you want to be a part of something that you bash so much.

MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:

If you are speaking of the T/A that the membership first voted down. It was the membership that voted it down not WARD. Second, for all the bashing you do to APFA and our contract. Why do you put so much effort in being a part of it. If things are sooo bad here then why the lawsuits to place you above naative f/as in seniority that worked to get us these contracts. You all cry about what a joke we are but you would jump at the chance to come back with DOH and steal the flying that we have. I would really like to know why you want to be a part of something that you bash so much.
First of all - I am not talking about the t/a - I am talking about the contract that you state that Ward got for you.

It's important that I tell people how inexperience that Ward is at being a leader for a union. He has gutted YOUR career in an effort to show hatred for the TWA f/a's. We do not need someone that cultivates hate and "sleeps with the company". We need a strong leader that can unite the workforce against the issues that the company has taken advantage of because of Ward's leadership. Never will there be a united workforce until we have someone in office that can bring this around - Ward does not have the capability nor experience.

Like I said before - I will not argue with you over the sia - that will be decided by the courts. I will say - that I expect to be around in the future. If we can rid ourself of an inexperienced leader and get someone with the power to stand up for all against the company - is our hope of recovering parts of the contract that Ward gave away. It will never be recovered completely - the career that has been built by previous f/a's has been changed forever.

jsn25911 said:
MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:
Like I said before - I will not argue with you over the sia - that will be decided by the courts. I will say - that I expect to be around in the future. If we can rid ourself of an inexperienced leader and get someone with the power to stand up for all against the company - is our hope of recovering parts of the contract that Ward gave away. It will never be recovered completely - the career that has been built by previous f/a's has been changed forever.
When did you say you would not argue over the sia? Your earlier posts are an arguement over the sia. Its interesting when I ask you to back up your facts you shy away from the arguement.

MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:
MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:
When did you say you would not argue over the sia? Your earlier posts are an arguement over the sia. Its interesting when I ask you to back up your facts you shy away from the arguement.
MiAAmi,

None of these ex-TWA folks will ever respond with facts for any of your posts. They have nothing else to do except "beat the dead horse" over and over again. All of us "real" AA f/a's know that their lawsuit is a worthless cause.

All of them should give back their gold wings. They didn't earn 5 years of seniority with AA to get them. But, that's OK because when they return from recall we will know who they're. AA gave all of them distinct employee numbers just like the Reno f/a's.

I could really care less what color their wings are. I think that whole program is a joke anyway. Its a silly pin! Earned Seniority is much more important.

MiAAmi said:
Earned Seniority is much more important.
That's what I'm talking about when I made the comment about the gold wings!! Ex-TWA'ers think they should just be given their DOH on a silver platter. Sorry, it doesn't work that way in an ACQUISITION!!

MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:
MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:
Miami - I have always said that it will be handled in court. The decision is not Wards nor is it mine nor yours!

As far as arguing SIA - I will not fight and say things like you "Your trying to steal our flights". I could have come back and replied to that statement. But that will get us no where. This will be handled in court.

What we need to focus on is getting leadership that can lead us into getting back what Ward gave away. Flight attendants from the past have built up this career and with just the little leadership that Ward has - it has taken us back 20 years. We need to improve the career not destroy it.

LiveInAHotel said:
MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:
MiAAmi said:
jsn25911 said:
MiAAmi,

None of these ex-TWA folks will ever respond with facts for any of your posts. They have nothing else to do except "beat the dead horse" over and over again. All of us "real" AA f/a's know that their lawsuit is a worthless cause.

All of them should give back their gold wings. They didn't earn 5 years of seniority with AA to get them. But, that's OK because when they return from recall we will know who they're. AA gave all of them distinct employee numbers just like the Reno f/a's.
Live in a hotel - I have made a copy of your posting and I look forward to flying with you -In fact, now I welcome it!

If you look back at the post - you will see that it is only the TWA people that have indeed posted copies of facts - however, I can't remember anything that you have ever posted was a fact.

jsn25911 said:
As far as arguing SIA - I will not fight and say things like you "Your trying to steal our flights". I could have come back and replied to that statement. But that will get us no where. This will be handled in court.

What we need to focus on is getting leadership that can lead us into getting back what Ward gave away. Flight attendants from the past have built up this career and with just the little leadership that Ward has - it has taken us back 20 years. We need to improve the career not destroy it.
This thread is about the purchase agreement, not the re-election of John Ward. Either you can back up your facts or you can't. I challange you to back up your facts.

jsn25911 said:
Miami - #5 - apfa did not negotiate this - it had already been initiated by the company that we would receive this.

APFA - may have put it in their statement to you - however, it had already been presented to us by AA as the benefit we would receive. I remember when someone gave me a copy and we laughed because APFA had nothing to do with this - but trying to take credit for it - after the fact!

The issues center around Ward - we were discussing what was offered to TWA by the company in which Ward then tried to take credit for.

Ward has always tried to take credit "after the fact" - and thru his hate for the TWA people - it has destroyed the f/a career. We need people to lead us into unity rather than division!

Back