Can we talk service?

Well, it is hard to disagree with everything stated here. US is also my last choice. When they get my business, it is always because of schedule. Never price. I pay a lot more to fly on CO. Personally, I'd fly WN everywhere if I could. CO serves a hot meal in FC on anything over 1.5 hrs. I love it because it makes the flight go so quick.

One place where US excels over CO - flights after 7 PM. In FC on CO you don't even get a snack basket, only pretzels. That has always been my biggest complaint about CO - they do everything so classy, and on late flights one stupid bag of pretzels...

Oh and let's not forget the DL/NW where NW flights have the signature drinks DL offers. That didn't take long.

Let's not kid ourselves about Hector.

He needed a job...and he has been properly brainwashed and indoctrinated by the company.

He has been hog-tied and can't do anything.

Forget about him....

Us has no interest in being a class act.

They think turkey ham in First Class is cool.

Idiots.

Can someone please tell me how chicken on a stick and lo mein noodles is first off an appetizer and second American fare. :blink:

TravelPro, I agree with you.
It amazes me. We have no competition between PHX-CMH and IND, besides WN, and we serve full hot meals in First.
Yet, they pulled food out of the PHX-MSP market, none between PHX-STL, DFW, IAH, or SEA!??? Snacks 4 sale are offered in Coach. PHX/LAS-ORD has F/C meals also...?? What constitutes whether they serve a meal up front, obviously it is not based on competition!!
They really need to pull there heads out of the Sand. There is a meal from PHL-DEN, but not PHL-IAH??? Hector are you reading these boards?? :huh: :rolleyes:

US uses any and every excuse. They act like any change is an insurmountable hurdle. Conversely, CO has made changes very quickly--like when they stopped serving ice cream sundaes and stopped menus on certain transcon flights, pax complained and they reversed course and implemented the change very quickly.
It should be noted that CO owns its own catering company. It's much easier to dictate a quick change on a company that you have direct control over.

There is a lot of complexity in designing a meal service. Picking food items can be complicated because you have to find items that will remain fresh with and without chillers or dietary needs special meals availability. Then you have the issue of galley space and numerous different galley configurations. Do you double provision or cater downline? Do you have enough supply of china, flatware or trays? Have you updated your computer systems to show meal service? Have you updated your service guidelines?

This is just a small sampling of what goes into a meal service. It's much more complicated than it seems. I learned first hand working for another carrier and having an active role in many different aspects of the airline operation. As flight attendants (or pilots) we see just the end result which can look deceptively simple. I'm certainly not expecting anything to happen till the fall at the earliest.

While what you posted makes absolute sense they have had an ETERNITY to figure it out. To print a boarding pass or show PHL as a known USairways city was a struggle after the res cutover. That being said, they have NOT been in any kind of rush to bring the service of Usairways up to par with other legacy carriers. FACT! Let's not make it out like it is so complex for US to make a change and add a bagel. They have had ample time and now we are to believe the Hector is here to save the day with his tights and a cape? On one hand I remain cautiously optomistic while on the other I think his ability to shine wil be constrained by a serious budget.

While what you posted makes absolute sense they have had an ETERNITY to figure it out. To print a boarding pass or show PHL as a known USairways city was a struggle after the res cutover. That being said, they have NOT been in any kind of rush to bring the service of Usairways up to par with other legacy carriers. FACT! Let's not make it out like it is so complex for US to make a change and add a bagel. They have had ample time and now we are to believe the Hector is here to save the day with his tights and a cape? On one hand I remain cautiously optomistic while on the other I think his ability to shine wil be constrained by a serious budget.
While you are absolutely right that adding a bagel should not take months to do, I seriously doubt that's what they are working on. And if they were I would be massively disappointed as would our customers.

When implementing a new service it is usually best to wait for a slow period. Doing so allows you to actively monitor for issues and make changes while affecting the least amount of people. The summer flying season is probably not the best time to do so. (That's my opinion)

I don't believe Mr. Adler is here to "save the day". (And I highly doubt he's going to wear tights and a cape.) I do think he'll help improve our onboard product in due time within the budget he's been given.

I don't work for US, and I don't know Hector from a hole-in-the-wall, but from everything I have read so far, he seems to at least have a clue. I am sure that there are limitations as to what he can do, and how quickly. I'm keeping an open mind.

And on that note, I would definitely recommend shortening the flight time for meal service in F to 2.5 hours. Flights of 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours should have a light snack.

I'm keeping an open mind.
Ah, that's cute.Or maybe sad. Do you really think they will change? They are so uncompetitive, it's pathetic. My goodness, they gave me silver status without asking and I haven't flown them since 2007. I flew delta today. I got two choices for lunch and they were decent. Service inflight was outstanding and I had AVOD and internet. I do not, I repeat, DO NOT, think that Delta is customer friendly, but their inflight service is light years ahead of US, but that's not saying much.

I flew NW late June and they offered 2 snacks ... one a chefs salad and a turkey wrap
(they said it was courtesy of DL ops now)

Ah, that's cute.Or maybe sad. Do you really think they will change? They are so uncompetitive, it's pathetic. My goodness, they gave me silver status without asking and I haven't flown them since 2007. I flew delta today. I got two choices for lunch and they were decent. Service inflight was outstanding and I had AVOD and internet. I do not, I repeat, DO NOT, think that Delta is customer friendly, but their inflight service is light years ahead of US, but that's not saying much.

Mr. Adler .... are you reading? You were able to get Granola Crunch overnight.