Express Beverage Service on Mainline

There are a lot of things I miss from the old PI. One of them was the quickie beverage service....a pre-packaged cup of water or lemonade. On the 15 minute GSO-CLT flight (operated in those days by a REAL jet), the FAs would hand these out to all Y pax. It was just enough to wet one's whistle. I wish we'd bring that back.

There are a lot of things I miss from the old PI. One of them was the quickie beverage service....a pre-packaged cup of water or lemonade. On the 15 minute GSO-CLT flight (operated in those days by a REAL jet), the FAs would hand these out to all Y pax. It was just enough to wet one's whistle. I wish we'd bring that back.

US Had Them Too..We Called Them "Poke&Suck" Ur Choice of Lemonade or OJ! Boy..Those Were The Days.. :up:

I remember this on RDU-CLT DC9 about the time of the merger. One hot summer day, they did the express lemonade while it was still slightly frozen. Talk about hitting the spot! :)

I remember this on RDU-CLT DC9 about the time of the merger. One hot summer day, they did the express lemonade while it was still slightly frozen. Talk about hitting the spot! :)

I loved that lemonade ... though the water "cuplets" always seemed to have that plastic taste.

As we make our way through this merger and all of the service issues I would like to make one very simple suggestion. Why not put the service flow of the flight on the manifest? It would give us the most updated info. and leave no question to service procedures.

As we make our way through this merger and all of the service issues I would like to make one very simple suggestion. Why not put the service flow of the flight on the manifest? It would give us the most updated info. and leave no question to service procedures.

DING, DING, DING!!! We have a winner!! :up: :up:

Why not put the service flow of the flight on the manifest? It would give us the most updated info. and leave no question to service procedures.

Funny you should say that......it used to be years ago before we sold our SABRE system off to AA? :huh: It used to be printed on the manifest....I remember it well, flew a lot of 757 transcon Level 1 service and would always remember seeing it printed on the manifest.

it used to be years ago before we sold our SABRE system off to AA? :huh: It used to be printed on the manifest....
I suspect you mean PACER - AA built SABRE from scratch when no other airline's were interested in a joint computer system.

Jim

yes PACER was awesome when it came to information for the flight attendant. It certainly did give the service level and description. I would use it from time to time or pass it to the D on the 757 if they were not familiar with the service. It also would give you the planes flying for the day so you never had to ask the front end if the plane terminated. It was nice for doing your liquor or closing it up as a courtesy to the next crew that just might be doing an express service. When we first cut over to SABRE remember we didn't even have the manifest/chart for a while. we had to draw our own boxes on the back of the tray liners. :lol: