Express Beverage Service on Mainline

I find it interesting that people who once argued that West had inferior customer service compared to East, yet now East people seemingly are trying to argue that it's too short a flight to bother with doing a service. This despite the fact that West has always done beverage service on the Phoenix-Las Vegas route.

I find it interesting that people who once argued that West had inferior customer service compared to East, yet now East people seemingly are trying to argue that it's too short a flight to bother with doing a service. This despite the fact that West has always done beverage service on the Phoenix-Las Vegas route.
huh? Never said it was too short to do a bev service, just that it's 35 minutes and people are not going to *DIE* if they get a coke or sprite, as opposed to a full bev. It's a ridiculous point to argue! (Although I guess they would not *DIE* without a drink either...whatever saves cash... :lol: .)

Inferior customer service on the West? Inferior pay and work rules, maybe, but never inferior customer service.

huh? Never said it was too short to do a bev service, just that it's 35 minutes ?????????????????????????

35 minutes, no this flight is all of an hour. let alone time at the gate ect...... I for one have been booking the the 140 pm flight phx to las and have been getting a bev service on this flight everytime. Of cource i am up front and dont know if that makes a difference. I dont know about your work rules but i do know has a customer that a bev service helps leave a better impression on a passenger.

My ? is will you get in trouble if you do serve it, even thu it is not required. Happy passangers = $$$$$$$$$ i know by the time it gets to you there is not much left. But i hope you get the point. cheers from one former aw customer to a new usairways customer.

Grb,

I was actually referring to a PHXSAN flight, which was about 38 minutes when i did it...

I agree, the more service the better, and I have no problem with that at all. If I have it, I am happy to give it to you! It's just bizarre that there is this issue with full bev as opposed to express.
:blink:

Passion? Dude, it's a coke. You contacted corporate over a coke? :lol: Might you want to focus your energy on something more substantial, like that fact that we are about to take MORE pay cuts woth regards to pay and work rules? Did you ask "corporate" about that? :rolleyes:

And btw, save me the drama of how much you care for the company, and are very passionate about our success; we all are, or we would not still be here, esp. at US EAST after major concessions and general job erosion..... 99% of us do an amazing job with the lack of tools and respect we are given from mgmt, me included...

A full bev, an express, whatever, its 30 minutes. R-E-L-A-X.... ;)

Who ever said anything about taking paycuts? Maybe I can suggest to management to bring those on the East side down to the AWA wages...afterall we are the lowest paid in the industry...maybe then you can finally decide that with your attitude that its time to find a new career?? And the sob story of how you took concessions thats old news...be thankful again that you still have a job. You must be that 1% that doesnt do an amazing job? You have the tools just need to use them...like providing a beverage service from the carts you have on the aircraft.

Afterall its just a 30min flight? Its blocked at 1:09, that gives you plenty of time to provide a beverage service. Or maybe in May the West FAs can show you how its done when we start working side by side and run circles around you.

Express service=Full Beverage Service regardless you should provide your passengers with a beverage...they might just come back to keep you employed??

Weather couldnt be better where I am :D

I am glad to hear at least you agree an express service between those cities...I was saying that many do NO service on those parings, and they should be at the least be doing an express bev service...however a full beverage service is required.
:up:
Wrong!!! It's considered Express service on the West as well, however "Express Service" on the West A/C is a bit different than East "Express Service". The difference is that West pulls the cart from back to front and serves ALL drinks and no snacks. East is on a 9-hole tray with OJ, H20, and coffee prior to 10am, and Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, and H20 after that. Special requests are honored after the service is completed-time permitting. Another difference is that West has alot more flight attendant injuries caused by the carts and turbulence.

Maybe you could tone it down Jettsetter or take your attitude and go over to RP.

Wrong!!! It's considered Express service on the West as well, however "Express Service" on the West A/C is a bit different than East "Express Service". The difference is that West pulls the cart from back to front and serves ALL drinks and no snacks. East is on a 9-hole tray with OJ, H20, and coffee prior to 10am, and Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, and H20 after that. Special requests are honored after the service is completed-time permitting. Another difference is that West has alot more flight attendant injuries caused by the carts and turbulence.

Maybe you could tone it down Jettsetter or take your attitude and go over to RP.

To hopefully end the thread, AGAIN, blame management. They provide the tools and rules and haven't intergrated this service. It's NOT about who is right or wrong.It's about POOR managers who can't take a moment to look at the two definitions and intergrate them. THAT'S THEIR JOB!!!! STOP POINTING FINGERS!!!!

As far as running circles kiddo? Well let me tell ya that though we at east don't serve nearly what we did at one time we had an awesome service. Just anywhere you flew had some sort of meal in coach even be it a hot meal or a snack box or brick snack. Our f/c class service was incredible as well. We as flight attendants work very hard at what we do though it's not brain surgery. I say we close this thread. Bottom line is the service is express and will continue. If we only serve those few choices on express are we NOT saving the company more than the wests express service? Were using less supplies. This thread is beyond the outer limits. I say close it. There is NOTHING to be learned or discussed logically here. :rolleyes:

Who ever said anything about taking paycuts? Maybe I can suggest to management to bring those on the East side down to the AWA wages...afterall we are the lowest paid in the industry...maybe then you can finally decide that with your attitude that its time to find a new career?? And the sob story of how you took concessions thats old news...be thankful again that you still have a job. You must be that 1% that doesnt do an amazing job? You have the tools just need to use them...like providing a beverage service from the carts you have on the aircraft.

Afterall its just a 30min flight? Its blocked at 1:09, that gives you plenty of time to provide a beverage service. Or maybe in May the West FAs can show you how its done when we start working side by side and run circles around you.

Express service=Full Beverage Service regardless you should provide your passengers with a beverage...they might just come back to keep you employed??
Obviously the East is doing something right..

AWA 3 million, US 109 million. Right out of the mouth of DP. NEXT.

:mellow: Man CHILL!! WoW!

I Say Lets Move ALL This Energy Here and Send It To The City of Philadelphia and DEMAND They Give US Priorty in The Gate Situation @ PHL! Lets Get a Letter Writing Campaign Like We Did In The Past About Routes And Such! :up:

:mellow: Man CHILL!! WoW!
I Say Lets Move ALL This Energy Here and Send It To The City of Philadelphia and DEMAND They Give US Priorty in The Gate Situation @ PHL! Lets Get a Letter Writing Campaign Like We Did In The Past About Routes And Such! :up:
I will agree with that, would love to fly Athens, Zurich, and Brussels!! What an awesome set to add to where we already fly too!

I will agree with that, would love to fly Athens, Zurich, and Brussels!! What an awesome set to add to where we already fly too!

Need two items to make it happen:

1)PHL Gates

2)Show me some airplanes!

Need two items to make it happen:

1)PHL Gates

2)Show me some airplanes!
Kirby said during the webcast..Athens/330, Zurich/767, and Brussels/757. The only obstacle mentioned was the gate situation in PHL. He also said they have already applied for the Athens route. :up:

I have not seen this route added to the service at a glance sheet; however, a CBS was sent out and when in doubt the FAs should use the milage chart to determine the service.