Express Beverage Service on Mainline

Man I had to hunt for this one...and I was wrong! It's an express between SAN and PHX sorry!

Here is the CBS that went out to US EAST F/A's

Date: Wednesday, 30 August 2006 11:57 ET
To: USAALLMX.F/A
Subject: New East Routes

As we move closer to completing the merger of our airline, new routes will be
added to the US Airways East system. Although these are not new destinations,
they are new East routes, so we would like to keep you up-to-date. The following segments have or will be added to the flight schedule:

PHX-SAN: Express/Short Haul Beverage Service.
SAN-PHX

PHX-ORD: Meal in First Class and BOB in Coach Class if flight departs between
ORD-PHX 0600-1930. Otherwise, standard beverage service with beverage
snacks and arrival beverage service 90 minutes prior to landing.
Show the appropriate movie followed by shorts.

PHX-SEA: Standard Beverage Service.Include beverage snacks on flights after
SEA-PHX 0900. Show the appropriate movie.

BOS-PHX: Meal in First Class and BOB in Coach Class if flight departs between
PHX-BOS 0600-1930. Otherwise, standard beverage service with beverage
snacks and arrival beverage service 90 minutes prior to landing.
Show the appropriate movie followed by shorts and trivia.

PHX-CUN: Meal in First Class and BOB in Coach Class if flight departs
CUN-PHX between 0600-1930. Otherwise, standard beverage service with
beverage snacks and an arrival service 90 minutes prior to landing.
Show the appropriate movie followed by shorts and trivia. Reference
the Flight Attendant International Manual for applicable
Customs/Immigration forms.

Remember: Do not show any video entertainment on red-eye
flights.

Thank You for your cooperation.

BOTTOM LINE...We on East have a chart of what service is provided. Last I checked, Neither PHX or LAS had been added as hubs, so all of you call inflight or use your intellectual resourses to let the company know we need the perimeters. Mail on the cbs easily gets overlooked with so many stupid messages. Just update the chart. So simple. ;)

Well thanks Andy for clearing it up at least. I couldn't have found that CBS message in a hundred years. Ok, lets move on with the express bev now....jeeeeeeesh. :rolleyes:

Here is the CBS that went out to US EAST F/A's
Date: Wednesday, 30 August 2006 11:57

SKY HIGH states: andy, you have catcrew at home? Secondly, that email was dated August.....there's only so much email that we can mentally absorb and retain. We get 30+ emails a month. The company should of printed a combined CHART for all bases by now. Or laminate one inside the forward galley, in one of the compartments.

only stating opinions.

Posting the service flow in one of the galleys would be just as brilliant as having the announcements posted behind a hard piece of plastic. It would make it very simple but then again the cost of 4 screws and piece of plastic might send us into Bankruptcy Part III. :lol:

I'm heartbroken...and here I thought we were friends. Now can you go get me a vodka and tonic with two minis..and get me a blanket while you are at it....thanks hun.

A bit condescending for a trinket salesman, aren't we? I'm guessing her job is FAR more interesting at a cocktail party...

Well if a CBS message came from the company it MUST be correct. Andy I know your just stating the facts but to be honest they are wrong many, many times.

I guess it being in black and white to you means its not correct? Or maybe your too busy reading your People magazine on the jumpseat to take notice of policy changes regarding the service thats is to be provided to our passengers.?

Since the east service at a glance sheet does not show the the service level for those west coast city pairs we would go by flight time of similar length.

Or you could be proactive and contact a supervisor or call the catering department to clarify this information so that you can be a good flight attndt??

Just because that is the service level offered by the PHX based side does not mean we do the same. If we are to "follow procedure". ;) We don't clean on flights west of the Mississippi river either. Shall we clean then as well?

Get used to crossing seatbelts and cleaing the aircraft on ALL flights East and West of the Mississipi! It doesnt take that much energy, and its good cardio..hence some FAs could use to lose a few inches"

NO. There are many differences that exist between the two since we are STILL operating and considered two seperate companies.

Hello! Its ONE company...Two operating certificates! Get with the program!

One minute this topics about express service next minute it's bashing and throwing digs at each other, DOES IT REALLY MATTER HOW OUR TWO AIRLINES CAME TOGHETHER?! NO!! IT'S IN THE PAST FOR THOSE STUBURN ENOUGH TO ARGUE!! NOWIT'S ABOUT GETTING ONE CONTRACT THAT IS GOOD FOR ALL OF US NO MATTER WHAT SIDE WE CAME FROM, BECAUSE A YEAR FROM NOW OR LESS NOBODY WILL EVEN REALLY CARE ABOUT WHO DID WHAT AND HOW WE AS TWO GREAT AIRLINES MERGED TO FORM AN EVEN BETTER ONE. OUR CEO HAS SAYED MANY MANY TIMES ON CREW NEWS AND PUBLICLY THAT AWA WAS HEADED FOR BANKRUPTCY AND US AIRWAYS WAS HEADED FOR LIQUIDATION AND AQUISITION OR NOT OR STAIGHT MERGER, WHO THE HELL CARES, THE DEAL'S BEEN SEALED, FOR OVER A YEAR NOW, SOME MORE CHANGES AND 6 MONTHS IT WILL BE OFFICIALLY DONE IN THE FAA'S EYES. IT'S TIME FOR A SHAKE-UP AND WE GOTTA BE READY TO TAKE ON THE COMPANY TO GET WHAT IS FAIR PUT DOWN IN THAT CONTRACT.

I couldn't agree more. There are obviously several people on BOTH sides that need a good kick in the a**.....like I have stated in previous posts WE are going to survive together and Make this Work or we will ALL fail miserably. Anyone in the EAST who could possibly criticize the ATTEMPT of Doug and his Team to straigthen out the mess of the former US needs to seriously look at the Colossal Failures that ruled from the Crystal Palace (Arlington) over the last several years......Top Talent it WASN'T, and you sure as hell don't go BK T-W-I-C-E in 2Years if you know how to manage a Company. As for the West, you have your own chapters of horror that DONT need to be rehashed.

Ok Jetsetter you are odd at best. This topic is OLD and the true answer has been posted. It's express between the cities mentioned. Get over it. It will stay that way until a new contract is negotiated, voted on and signed into effect. Moving on.....how's the weather where you are? It's beautiful here. :rolleyes:

Ok Jetsetter you are odd at best. This topic is OLD and the true answer has been posted. It's express between the cities mentioned. Get over it. It will stay that way until a new contract is negotiated, voted on and signed into effect. Moving on.....how's the weather where you are? It's beautiful here. :rolleyes:

Weather couldnt be better where I am :D

I am glad to hear at least you agree an express service between those cities...I was saying that many do NO service on those parings, and they should be at the least be doing an express bev service...however a full beverage service is required.

I have contacted those at corporate to clarify and correct this problem with the solution that all of you have suggested.

I am not a odd person, just someone with passion about my job and care about my company....to ensure that OUR passengers are taken care of.

:up:

Weather couldnt be better where I am :D

I am glad to hear at least you agree an express service between those cities...I was saying that many do NO service on those parings, and they should be at the least be doing an express bev service...however a full beverage service is required.

I have contacted those at corporate to clarify and correct this problem with the solution that all of you have suggested.

I am not a odd person, just someone with passion about my job and care about my company....to ensure that OUR passengers are taken care of.

:up:
Passion? Dude, it's a coke. You contacted corporate over a coke? :lol: Might you want to focus your energy on something more substantial, like that fact that we are about to take MORE pay cuts woth regards to pay and work rules? Did you ask "corporate" about that? :rolleyes:

And btw, save me the drama of how much you care for the company, and are very passionate about our success; we all are, or we would not still be here, esp. at US EAST after major concessions and general job erosion..... 99% of us do an amazing job with the lack of tools and respect we are given from mgmt, me included...

A full bev, an express, whatever, its 30 minutes. R-E-L-A-X.... ;)