Fleet Service apathy

The UA presidents didn't give a rip about US AIRWAYS fleet. Always second best and will remain second best until the US AIRWAYS fleet puts in someone with their own blood that will treat them as even as UA ramp.

Rich Dealany would have NEVER agreed to support managements desire to lock out these last 5 stations if they had the UA brand on them. Anyone who signs a LOA without membership consent and supports management locking out 5 stations is a fraud to labor. Bottom line.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

Tim

What happens to the balance of power, within the District, if the IAM were to lose the UA PCE election? It's pretty obvious what needs to be done if they win.

ograc

Fleet has always taken a back seat to mtc. I had several on the mtc side flat out tell me that they didn't want us in their union. Told me that unskilled labor wasn't in their class, and that they didn't care for us riding on their shirt tails when it came contract time.....
Explain this, fleet is in district 141, which is fleet, res and csa, your officers are fleet, your negotiating committee is fleet. Mechanic and related are in district 142, nothing to do with fleet at all. The gvp was fleet.

So explain if your district has no mechanics and the gvp was fleet and there are more fleet in the iam, then how do you take a back seat?

And a few ignorant mechanics are not the iam

The overall consensus is the IAM views the fleet group as second class citizens. Let's face it, they really haven't busted their butts on our behalf over the years. That should be Crystal clear to anyone that reads what the membership posts here alone. They pretty much like having us around for our dues revenue, and it ends there.

Still waiting for you to answer what I poised to you.

Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Your own elected leadership are the ones to blame, Tim, you campaigned for the ND and they screwed you, so you have some blame to accept in the matter.

700, I have been on this board for just as long as you, maybe longer. You have been the sole IAM cheerleader for a long time. You must not be reading all of these posts, because if you did it would be very clear that nobody from fleet service is, or ever has been satisfied with our representation. It has sucked from top to bottom. I have been paying dues for years, and lost much more than I have gained by being a union member. Wages where they were 15 years ago, less vacation, worse attendence policy, and even saw my station outsourced along with many others. To think that I have been paying for this lack of service is pathetic. The IAM blows, period. How much worse could it have been without them? I doubt very much. I have 2 members in this thread that agree with me completely, and you have zero. I don't really ever recall anyone being in your corner when it comes to the IAM smoke that you blow. Hell, your not even in fleet service.

Why dont you place blame where it belongs?

Look around the industry, every major airline has been in bankruptcy, in the past ten years or now.

The common thread is people dont elect labor-friendly, worker-friendly politicians, they pass the laws that are all pro-company and not in favor of the working class.

Have you sat in the bankruptcy court?

I have.

Have you been in chapter 11 contract negotiations?

I have.

Its real easy to blame the union, look in the mirror, you are the union and you are the people that need to educate yourself and vote with your wallets and not on hot button issues.

No union has been successful in doing anything well in chapter 11, it choose your poison, but I guess its easier for you and the rest of the members to blame the union, but you have handcuffed the unions but not electing politicians who actually represent their constituents, instead, all they are about is big business and special interest. Also the reality is with membership apathy and not voting on economic issues, you have all caused this yourself.

Also, when are you going to answer the questions, about your own fellow fleet service are your officers and reps, not mechanics, nice of you to go off on a tangent and not stick to what I asked.

To make it plain and simple for ya, the IAM's primary focus is mtc. Most of us knew from the start that they just took us under their wing for the dues revenue. This became very evident with the first cba they tried to pass by us. It was nothing more than the ppg with some signatures attached to it. I knew that we were screwed back then. They thought we were dumb enough to pay for what we already had in writing. While I don't doubt that you were in on all of those meetings, none of them were for our group. I have been around long enough to know that the only ones on board with the IAM, are the ones lining thier pockets at the memberships expense.

What happens to the balance of power, within the District, if the IAM were to lose the UA PCE election? It's pretty obvious what needs to be done if they win.

ograc
ograc,

the District would be unfortunately reduced by 9,000 UA members [5 of which would be unfortunately removed from the Occupy 141 ticket]. That would lead approx 6,800 UA ramp eligible to run for office and 6,100 US AIRWAYS. Continental ramp is not allowed to run for District office so they have to sit on the sidelines but can still vote [approx 7,400]. Throw in 2,500 HAL members. The balance of power should be equal, as far as the resources. Unfortunately, no matter how you slice it, Continental ramp will not have any of their own people servicing their contract at a District level until appointments are made after June. That leaves 21 AGC spots for UA and US rampers, 28 spots in total. After February 21, we will know if our brothers and sisters in UA PCE stay. IMO, they will since it would be fairly hard to lose an organizing drive when you have 67% of your own membership voting in it. All we would need is about 70% of our own PCE to vote for the IAM and the IAM should win.

Delaney failed to come through on his promise of 2008 to provide more than 5 US AGC"s to help assist in the backlog of grievances that pile up from your AGC's having 'double the work' of a UA AGC. So, the balance of resources depends upon which ticket wins. The Occupy141 ticket recognizes 8 US AIRWAYS AGC's to better service our US AIRWAYS membership which puts those members at the same per capita as United.

Since Delaney refuses to increase the District resources to the US AIRWAYS members, the US AIRWAYS members will have the choice to do it themself and nominate and support the obtainment of more resources through elections.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

Tim

Still waiting for you to answer what I poised to you.

Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Your own elected leadership are the ones to blame, Tim, you campaigned for the ND and they screwed you, so you have some blame to accept in the matter.
700, it can not be denied that myself and the great majority voted for Delaney. Canale's antiunionism simply had to be exercised and cut out like a bad tumor. Only an antiunion manager could have signed a class two pay and a complete and utter loss of seniority for guys with 35 years. No other union took the management sword and speared it into the flesh of their own members as he did.

But, that didn't mean that Delaney is entitled to the job or any of our votes. In fact, these UA presidents continue to screw the US AIRWAYS ramp with a second best mentality. He didn't do the job and his timeline shows even more of an antiunion stance and pure management stance as Canale's. Only an antiunion management person would sign on to lock out 5 stations before their time. Unfortunately, he did nothing to cultivate the type of solidarity he would have needed to send a message that the lockout was unacceptable. Just putting a blowhard on TV stomping his feet talking, with no action, is not the type of representation our members are paying for. That particular AGC didn't have the back of his members and ended up flipping like a pancake and supporting Delaney and management's position of continuing the lockout.

As far as the ND screwing me....I don't really look at it like that. I cleaned out my office two months before I got fired because I knew I couldn't continue to support the New Directions stance that supported management 100% from airline to airline. They are not entitled to my vote or anyone else's and they have no job entitlement either. I would have cleaned it out earlier but I gave the UA ramp my word that I would kick some Teamster booty and secure their union for them. Of course, that also meant that I couldn't be selfish and that I would have to also fight to keep Delaney an IAM member, as opposed to a teamster.

I didn't ask to be fired, but I realized when I told Delaney I was running against him that he would take a political shot and that I would have to sacrifice my job. But it was worth. I wasn't angry with him at all and I have nothing against him as a person, he's just not a union guy that's all.

Onward Occupyiam141.com

Tim

General response to this topic title: I have worked at 5 US/HP stations in the past 15yrs. A vast majority of the people are hard working, good individuals... not apathetic. What they are apathetic about is our SORRY ASS UNION! My most recent station just went the route of outsourcing, so here I sit out of work. Does the IAM give a rats ass, no. Does the company give a rats ass, no. It is ALL part of the plan. Now, I keep hearing results of a grievance regarding the premature outsourcing of the most recent victims (MSY, BUF, IND, SNA etc.) and that there is a monetary award to compensate those affected. NObody is calling my numbner to inform me and here I am out on the effing street without work. Thanks IAM, you suck! WORTHLESS UNION!!!!!!! Communication is the key...but since there is NONE, we have NOTHING to go by. IAM is a joke! You are either good or you suck...and they have done nothing but a disservice to the membership.

Sorry to hear that you are on the street due to outsourcing. I've been there also, and it sucks that the company did it, and your union made it easy for them. I'm sure that 700 will put a positve IAM spin on it though. None of this outsourcing crap should have ever made it into print. The union threw us under the bus by helping the company stack the vote in their favor back in 2004.

General response to this topic title: I have worked at 5 US/HP stations in the past 15yrs. A vast majority of the people are hard working, good individuals... not apathetic. What they are apathetic about is our SORRY ASS UNION! My most recent station just went the route of outsourcing, so here I sit out of work. Does the IAM give a rats ass, no. Does the company give a rats ass, no. It is ALL part of the plan. Now, I keep hearing results of a grievance regarding the premature outsourcing of the most recent victims (MSY, BUF, IND, SNA etc.) and that there is a monetary award to compensate those affected. NObody is calling my numbner to inform me and here I am out on the effing street without work. Thanks IAM, you suck! WORTHLESS UNION!!!!!!! Communication is the key...but since there is NONE, we have NOTHING to go by. IAM is a joke! You are either good or you suck...and they have done nothing but a disservice to the membership.
Delaney signed off on the lock out and approved it. I have a copy of the LOA so email me and I can send it to you. The LOA admits in writing that he supports management and doesn't hold them in violation and agrees that the members can't sue the company, provided management doesn't also rob you out of the 600 hours in your IAM pension that you would have received if not locked out. Once again, his only concern was the IAM pension and appeasing management. Never mind that he told everyone in the messenger that he was going to fast track arbitration because of the premature closing of your station [insert lockout here].

regards,

+1000......sorry bagchucker & others.

Latest posts

Back