Fleet Service apathy

The grass roots has started SayWhat, but it does mean that I will have to tear down the established structure of this paternal 1940's mentality and install a platform that upgrades this union into this century. Gone will be the days where we have AGC's and Presidents who think they can match a battle of wit with company attorneys over the language of law. Pssstt, I don't have a law degree. But as an educated man, I realize that we also have to upgrade this District by insourcing professionals to use as an additional resource for our AGC's and myself.

Saywhat, we can argue this all day but there is a reason why 2% doesn't mean 2% in your contract. And our current negotiations team, many of who I support, are simply not capable against attorneys. Cripes, they aren't even respected, sorta like men against boys. And it would be the same with me in there, UNLESS, I brought in professionals to complement and built the needed solidarity for negotiations outside the negotiations room.

This will be done. Bottom line. When I'm on the district dime and I say I'm going to do something...I do it. Not because I'm smarter than anyone else but because I work 24/7 on these things. Your boy Delaney never leaves his office. For a good laugh, check out his LM2 reports and see that he only spent $6,000 in per diems in 2010. That's a total of a few conventions and a few trips to hot dog parties. The per diem of the President should be over $30,000 to support about 250 nights a year on the road meeting with members and building relationships. It's called trust. His office should be his laptop. If Delaney isn't in his office, he's usually back in the back putting his golf ball on his putting green or smoking the stogies on the back porch. Every day, that's how it was whenever I had to come to the office to fill out my reports. The question of the day was what was on for lunch. His LM2 reports don't lie.

Having a leader who lacks any sense of passion and energy does not translate into urgency.

regards,
Tim, when does this vote take place? And how soon after will contract (serious) talks place.

Tim,

While I find it useless to debate you on any matter regarding the workings of the IAM, because you will spin anything I have to say to suit your political needs, I will try to answer this question. I believe that the backlog started with MW, and has steadily gotten worse because of the that. Also I do not pretend to know or understand the political workings as to the positions and who gets what spots. That being said, I think USairways should have at least 6 AGC's, but IMO, that would be just to clean up the backlog, once that is accomplished, I think 5 would be suitable. And just because you think that it is unfair, does that automatically make it so. How many members does UA have under DL141? How many does US have? Tim, I think you have some good ideas, some destructive ones, and some that are just plain political promises that you in no way intend to keep, and have no way to enforce.

And Jester,

It is widely known that I work in RDU, and it is not hard to figure out who I am from there. And as an aside, I am not running for ANY position what-so-ever, either on the District or local level. So now Tim will try to spin who I am supporting and why, because I am not running for ANY position.

BTW how are nominations coming along?
Why do you think 5 AGC'S are acceptable for USAirways? So if there were 8 is that such a stretch from what United expects for the same number of members from the ground or Fleet Service. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking about 7200 UA groud and 6500 US Fleet Service? It baffles me as to why USAirways agents wouldnt support there own members running. United does and thats why they rule the roost.Just watch all the nominations and see who pulls the votes.

Mr. Nelson,

The word among the membership is that you are in this for YOU. We are being told that you were fired by Delaney, and now you are trying to get revenge by overthrowing his position. is this true? if it is why not just admit it instead of creating an entire fantasy world of grievances and remedies?

Reactions: 1 person
Mr. Nelson,

The word among the membership is that you are in this for YOU. We are being told that you were fired by Delaney, and now you are trying to get revenge by overthrowing his position. is this true? if it is why not just admit it instead of creating an entire fantasy world of grievances and remedies?
I'm not concerned so much with his motivation as I am his actual ability to enact and see through what he's promising to the membership, i.e. "the masses". Selfish motivation is fundamental to our American systems of governance and business; sometimes it takes a brash egotist to get things done. If management finds him even more obnoxious than some here appear to, is that necessarily a bad thing?

Full disclosure: This is not an endorsement for any candidate. Although the Occupy 141's platform is the only one I've seen posted for the perusal of "the masses"...

I'm not concerned so much with his motivation as I am his actual ability to enact and see through what he's promising to the membership, i.e. "the masses". Selfish motivation is fundamental to our American systems of governance and business; sometimes it takes a brash egotist to get things done. If management finds him even more obnoxious than some here appear to, is that necessarily a bad thing?

Full disclosure: This is not an endorsement for any candidate. Although the Occupy 141's platform is the only one I've seen posted for the perusal of "the masses"...

I’m not so sure that motiviation is not cause for concern. we are in the middle of negotiations. How do we know he is not working with the co. to derail everything?
Wan’t Hitler a ego person too? the people I talk to say he tried to make his own union and almost screwed us out of ant representation.

I’m not so sure that motiviation is not cause for concern. we are in the middle of negotiations. How do we know he is not working with the co. to derail everything?
Wan’t Hitler a ego person too? the people I talk to say he tried to make his own union and almost screwed us out of ant representation.
How much of the negotiations do you know about? I'm on the Occupy ticket. I'm about solidarity and educating the masses. I've fought for the membership for a long time with little or no help from the district AGC'S. When is enough enough. Whats wrong with platform?

The lead up to elections is just beginining. Going forward I'm hopeful the other slates or teams will post their platforms / positions in this election process. In the meantime, I believe it is in the best interest of the membership, to remain objective and open minded. Considering qualifications, experience and histories of past involvement before making a choice of who desrerves our vote for the respective position a candidate is running for. Our decision must not be clouded by promises. I'm hopeful "we don't get fooled again". I ask are we, as a membership, both US and UA, better off then we were 4 years ago? I believe we were "promised" we would be.

How much of the negotiations do you know about? I'm on the Occupy ticket. I'm about solidarity and educating the masses. I've fought for the membership for a long time with little or no help from the district AGC'S. When is enough enough. Whats wrong with platform?

I wish you luck but most people say they do not trust nelson. He did things that were clearly for him! Nobody I talk to is ready to get rid of the people we got. Not now we have to let them finish negotiations so we can see how they do. if they fail then we might vote them away.

I wish you luck but most people say they do not trust nelson. He did things that were clearly for him! Nobody I talk to is ready to get rid of the people we got. Not now we have to let them finish negotiations so we can see how they do. if they fail then we might vote them away.
I sure as hell dont want another contract like the one we have now. Didnt like the T/A. I voted no last two times. I'm sorry you dont trust Tim but what have the current guys done for you? Look at the tickets and the names and ask questions of the people running. I'm on the Occupy. TN 2yr AGC

I completely agree, CJ... Tim is the only one that I know at this time who has posted his platform, how he would handle things differently. Did the other candidates expect me to vote for them or their slate because he's "cool dude" in the break room and a likable enough fellow?

I lose a fair amount of respect for any candidate who refuses to provide information about themselves for the voters consider, and how their name alone should be able to carry them to victory. People can bash Tim as they want, but I don't see anyone else stepping forth to identify themselves and tell the Membership about themselves as a candidate and their related experience and education they bring to the union leadership.

So Agrees Jester.

P.S. How many internet points do we deduct for BLUTO's violation of comparing someone to Hitler on a message board?

Reactions: 2 people
everyone said the contract we have now was bank rupt and by canale. The people we have now have not been givin the chance to prove thier worth. I'm sorry if you dont like this idea. But lamost everybody says the same thing. We are not voting for the occupy peolple this time.

I completely agree, CJ... Tim is the only one that I know at this time who has posted his platform, how he would handle things differently. Did the other candidates expect me to vote for them or their slate because he's "cool dude" in the break room and a likable enough fellow?

I lose a fair amount of respect for any candidate who refuses to provide information about themselves for the voters consider, and how their name alone should be able to carry them to victory. People can bash Tim as they want, but I don't see anyone else stepping forth to identify themselves and tell the Membership about themselves as a candidate and their related experience and education they bring to the union leadership.

So Agrees Jester.

P.S. How many internet points do we deduct for BLUTO's violation of comparing someone to Hitler on a message board?

Nobody knows if this occupy is not trick by co. to stop talks or stall talks. We will give our people time to do the job. NO Changes!

Nobody knows if this occupy is not trick by co. to stop talks or stall talks. We will give our people time to do the job. NO Changes!
Conspiracy theories. Really C'mon. I'm on the Occupy T.N. same initials 2 yr AGC. I was the committee chair for 2444 from the start to 2001. Transferred to FLL and worked as a committee person until the last election making me the committee chair. I've run the safety committee from 2001 til 2009. I was the S.T. of the L.L. 1852 til the merger with L.L.368. I've handled termination cases, step 2's and step 3's. I worked with Bill Chandlee and Mark Wingard. Mickey as of late and now with Gil Simons. There are no tricks up our sleeves. I stand behind the platform. Don't let other peoples talk interfere with facts.

Conspiracy theories. Really C'mon. I'm on the Occupy T.N. same initials 2 yr AGC. I was the committee chair for 1852 from the start to 2001. Transferred to FLL and worked as a committee person until the last election making me the committee chair. I've run the safety committee from 2001 til 2009. I was the S.T. of the L.L. 1852 til the merger with L.L.368. I've handled termination cases, step 2's and step 3's. I worked with Bill Chandlee and Mark Wingard. Mickey as of late and now with Gil Simons. There are no tricks up our sleeves. I stand behind the platform. Don't let other peoples talk interfere with facts.

I'm sure you are good union person. so are the people we have. They have saved the jobs of a lot of peolple including me. We know they are not perfect but we are happy with them. we are going to let them finish this contract talks and then if we are not happy maybe you will be voted.