heritage planes starting to roll out

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
from usdaily
FIRST HERITAGE PLANE COMPLETES OUTFITTING TODAY:
The first of four heritage planes, all of which are scheduled for painting in the coming months, has been completed. The plane has finished “suiting upâ€￾ for service as the aircraft dedicated to the America West heritage of the new US Airways. The plane will arrive in Phoenix tonight, where it will be housed in the hangar before entering service around 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. The additional three planes - which will come from the East fleet - are scheduled for painting soon and we will update everyone as they come out of the paint shop. Employee events celebrating the unveiling of all four throwback planes will be scheduled once all planes are completed. Events will be held in their respective cities--for example, the Piedmont aircraft will be unveiled in CLT, Allegheny in PIT, PSA in SAN and America West in PHX. More details will be available soon, but the events should occur in approximately two months.

Events will be held in their respective cities--for example, the Piedmont aircraft will be unveiled in CLT, Allegheny in PIT, PSA in SAN and America West in PHX. More details will be available soon, but the events should occur in approximately two months.

It a great idea, but the official unveiling of the Piedmont airplane should be at INT. Since we don't serve there anymore, then GSO would be a close second.

ok .... what's int?. i have heard many people refer to this but i never asked .please educate me bus.

It a great idea, but the official unveiling of the Piedmont airplane should be at INT. Since we don't serve there anymore, then GSO would be a close second.

You people want everything just be happy you got a job it would have been a great idea if HP left AAA alone and watch AAA die a slow(quick) death.(all i keep hearing we should get this we should get that BLAH BLAH BLAH)

ok .... what's int?. i have heard many people refer to this but i never asked .please educate me bus.

The suggestion for INT as being the launch city for the PI retro aircraft is because PI was "born" in INT. Winston-Salem is also the birthplace of Thomas Henry Davis, founder of Piedmont Airlines.

Unfortunately US ended service to INT in the mid '90s, thus the alternate city of GSO.

The Home-Grown Airlinehttp://www.businessnc.com/archives/2003/03/aviation_piedmont.html

You people want everything just be happy you got a job it would have been a great idea if HP left AAA alone and watch AAA die a slow(quick) death.(all i keep hearing we should get this we should get that BLAH BLAH BLAH)
I believe that he brought this up to inform all that the origin of PI is INT. In case some are not aware of PI history.

We only have a very few employees in INT and they aren't at the airport!
I agree with 320driver, stop bickering and lets have some fun! I'm having a great time on the line just happy to be here...

What's an America West heritage plane? Just a current plane with the name taken off and USAirways stuck on. It's hard to get too excited about that.

We only have a very few employees in INT and they aren't at the airport!
I agree with 320driver, stop bickering and lets have some fun! I'm having a great time on the line just happy to be here...
Actually, we have almost 1,000 employees in Winston.

But I agree that CLT is the place to unveil the plane. After all, GSO didn't want the hub when it was conceived. Charlotte bent over backwards for everything Piedmont and USAir(ways) ever asked of it.

And sorry to complain about this, but they should have painted one of the Boeing aircraft for PI. I can't help but wonder if using the Boeing typeface (font) on the tail (A-320) is going to get us sued. For those that don't know, PI placed the a/c type of all newer Boeing planes on the tail (see below)
951882.jpg

The "Pride of Piedmont" departing London for Charlotte in August 1987

Still love that silver belly. Makes me teary-eyed just looking at it. Sigh.

Actually, we have almost 1,000 employees in Winston.

But I agree that CLT is the place to unveil the plane. After all, GSO didn't want the hub when it was conceived. Charlotte bent over backwards for everything Piedmont and USAir(ways) ever asked of it.

And sorry to complain about this, but they should have painted one of the Boeing aircraft for PI. I can't help but wonder if using the Boeing typeface (font) on the tail (A-320) is going to get us sued. For those that don't know, PI placed the a/c type of all newer Boeing planes on the tail (see below)
951882.jpg

The "Pride of Piedmont" departing London for Charlotte in August 1987

Still love that silver belly. Makes me teary-eyed just looking at it. Sigh.
Yeah I have to say I kind of agree, the PI scheme would look awesome at least on the 737-300. That would look pretty original. Not to poop on the party but just a thought.

Just flew on the brand new A319 AWA heritage plane - I know some may say big deal (luvn737s) but I have to tell you it was really something. After 21 years of getting on an America West plane - to get on a USAirways plane but one that honored my original airline was a really neat feeling. Some of the crew took pictures and when we landed there was quite a bit of activity of employees wanting to see the "new" plane. I'm sure you out east will get that feeling when all your heritage planes begin to make their rounds. Happy Flying!!

Latest posts